PDA

View Full Version : Aero Wing Spoiler

Untamed
02-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Would bondo work to fill the cracks on an aero wing? Some kind of resin? Has anyone repaired their aero wing, or just spent the $300 to replace it?

slasherbarb
02-03-2005, 06:50 PM
how bad are the cracks??? cuz bondo is the fixer of 98% of all automotive problems...:lol:

j0n
02-03-2005, 07:14 PM
no matter what u use to fix it you'll spend way too much money on paint/bondo to be worth the year or so you'll get out of it...by which time it'll crack and fade and look like **** again...save yourself the trouble and find a fiberglass one

slasherbarb
02-04-2005, 12:37 PM
:stupid:

Untamed
02-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Yeah that thing is pretty cracked up. It's split and "puffing out" in at least two spots, making even a bondo job tough/ I dont think I could actually mold the split parts back into shape anyway without sanding down significant parts of the wing itself.

Well, ok, time to save for a fiberglass aero wing with brake light.

camaro2you
02-05-2005, 08:19 AM
ya get a new one

V
02-05-2005, 11:18 AM
when i had my first 88 gta, i needed a new wing(stock one is still in my garage attic). I found one at the englishtown swap meet with just some low spots where the paint flaked off. i sanded it down and it got painted when the car got sprayed, turned out nice. and i only paid $25 for it hehe, as i was waking to my car with the wing at the swap meet, several people were like, "oh look, he found one" lol. anyway, if you want to try to fix yours, the easiest way(takes some work) would be to cover the entire wing in fiberglass mesh and resin and then smoth it all out so now it will be solid with just the foam core. but if your not comfortable with fiberglass work, then your better off buying a new replica, and you could also look into buying the 91-92 aero wing version.