PDA

View Full Version : Juice box???

slasherbarb
02-03-2005, 06:29 PM
has anyone ever seen this thing on ebay??? it's not one of those little wires you attrach but a whole "juice box"...they say it goes to you intake or coolant temp. sensor....i really wouldn't trust anything like this, but i was wondering if anyone else has heard of/bought/used it

Squirrel
02-03-2005, 06:30 PM
i like apple....link?

slasherbarb
02-03-2005, 06:41 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7951753894&category=33597here it is guys

89 Trans Am WS6
02-03-2005, 07:17 PM
It tricks the pcm into thinking the air is colder then it really is. You can stick a resistor in your IAT sensor and get the same effect..or hell move the sensor to a cooler lcoation. Me personally, i like my pcm to know whats really going on.

j0n
02-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Does it increase or decrease my MPG?

NO, your gas mileage will be the same. The change is virtually unnoticeable!

in the great words of homer j simpson from springfieldDOH!!! :knock:

Fasterthanyou
02-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Total farse. Seller is taking advantage of young dumb consomers. Dumbasses giving him positive feedback are trying to justify their purchase.
Not that I want to sound like a know it all... again, and I do know I come off like one frequently :( BUT, these things can work!
OEM ecm's are designed for emissions purposes even under WOT. Better emissions doesn't mean best power. Your car, no matter how you lie to the ecm, will always compensate using the o2 sensor under part throttle. Under WOT it uses what it "learned" from part throttle do do open loop fueling. During open loop fueling the sensors and calibrations can be manipulated to change the AFR and/or timing for best power and not just best emissions. I bet his "juice box" is nothing more than an inline resistor that would offset the actual reading. The old school trick was to replace the whole sensor with a resistor value, newer OBD code checks to make certain the CTS is working like it should. Although I'm not positive if OBD-II standerdized any way of checking for a "stuck" CTS sensor value, so maybe this juice box is just a resistor. I think it's funny he said diode on his ebay auction, what a dumbass, a diode would do nothing.

LT!freak94
02-03-2005, 09:18 PM
i dont think it does anything cuz my friend bought something simaler for his honda and all it did was turn the check engine light on and make it run worse

Savage_Messiah
02-04-2005, 12:36 AM
i dont think it does anything cuz my friend bought something simaler for his honda and all it did was turn the check engine light on and make it run worse

Hondas have engines?!?!?!?

JerzLT1
02-04-2005, 02:19 AM
it was probably speed for the little hampster, then it probably had a heart attack :lol:

Tru2Chevy
02-04-2005, 08:11 AM
It actually doesn't state anywhere in the auction what it is supposed to do, besides increase horsepower. :roll:

- Justin