PDA

View Full Version : Transmission

Savage_Messiah
02-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Well, I'm right around 160k and I think she's starting to go. Â*Since I got the car the trans has always taken a second to get into gear when i put it in D, and sorta shook the car as it did, but I've seen a lotta cars with this more or less. Â*Now tho if im at a slow roll and stomp on it i feel the same thing, as if the downshift has to drop in. Â*Also, when im flooring it sometimes it'll bounce off the redline once or twice before shifting.

Any suggestions? (my suitemate (has a 94 bird) just said to try changing the trans fluid/filter and see if that does it, anything else?)

If I'm looking at a new trans in the future, how much should I expect to pay/where for a stock 4l608? built? rebuilt?

Thanks

ChickenLittle
02-06-2005, 07:13 AM
I'd like to tell you to just change the solenoid...but they did that for my 94 Caprice squad car 3 times and the tranny still has a horrible delay going into gear or downshifting when I floor it...

Look into a Level 10 trans?

So I guess this was a wasted response :roll:

foff667
02-06-2005, 10:03 AM
i know a guy taht works at ziggy's transmissions i can see how much hes asking if youd like.

1RawTA
02-06-2005, 11:35 AM
the tranny might be going, but it also can be low on fluid... is it any worse on cold mornings? because if so that is a sign that it may be real low on fluid

camaro2you
02-06-2005, 04:38 PM
mine was the same way and i need to get mine rebuilt by spring when i hope to drop in a new motor