PDA

View Full Version : Mad Z28 Tune...

slasherbarb
02-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Looking for a madZ28 tune for my car...went on the website to check out what they have...just wondering which is the best package to buy?? also, if anyone here has the same car with a madz28 tune, let me know which one you got and how it is working for you...here is the site http://www.madz28.com/9697.php...let me know guys

Tru2Chevy
02-07-2005, 08:10 AM
mail order tune = :barf:

foff667
02-07-2005, 09:08 AM
mail order tune = :barf:

he doesnt have many options other then paying $450 for lt1edit in his case :(

Tru2Chevy
02-07-2005, 09:10 AM
Wouldn't he be better off waiting for a dyno tune day? I know that they aren't as common for the OBDII LT1 cars, but I've seen them before....

- Justin

ar0ck
02-07-2005, 09:11 AM
John I was just looking into it myself. Â*But alot of the reviews Ive been reading online from multiple F-body sites and just general word of mouth. Â*That any mail order tune is a disaster waiting to happen. Â*Ive heard of computers comming back with severly pulled timing, poor A/F ratios, and just alot of other bad things. Â*All they do is put a general tune into it, according to what the parts you have actually do to the car.

Personally Im going to wait on my tune untill I have all my bolt on goodies on the motor and running including a cam, and someday down the road a blower.

Some of us Lt-1 guys might be better off waiting for an actual place to start tuning on a dyno. Â*I dont see why any more local shops or people dont do tuning for the LT-1 cars!? Â*Theirs just as many of us as their are LS1 cars. Where only seperated by Speed Density/Mass Air & OBDI/OBDII.

(and no Im not going to take up tuning, I suck at math horribly and Im not a trained mechanic)

foff667
02-07-2005, 10:03 AM
alex is lucky people like jon prevost can just use tunercats on his car and get him a decent tune for a very fair price ;)

foff667
02-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Wouldn't he be better off waiting for a dyno tune day? Â*I know that they aren't as common for the OBDII LT1 cars, but I've seen them before....

- Justin

ive never seen one, but maybe they are out there :shrug: i see chip and obd1 lt1 car dyno days and tons of ls1 dyno days but almost never see obd2 LT1 dyno days...considering theres only 2 years of them is a big reason why i guess.

ar0ck
02-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Wouldn't he be better off waiting for a dyno tune day? Â*I know that they aren't as common for the OBDII LT1 cars, but I've seen them before....

- Justin

ive never seen one, but maybe they are out there :shrug: i see chip and obd1 lt1 car dyno days and tons of ls1 dyno days but almost never see obd2 LT1 dyno days...considering theres only 2 years of them is a big reason why i guess.

Ive only seen OBDI Speed Density Tune Days, like the ones Fast Bird has.

What is it 93-94 OBDI Speed Density?
Then early 95' is OBDI Mass Air
And then 95 1/2 - 97 is OBDII Mass Air

My question on it, in addition to Johns original post is, what Is the difference between tunning the 3 possible combinations? Is it just software, connections, or relative ease of operation?

foff667
02-07-2005, 04:47 PM
93 was SD chip
94/95 maf flash lt1edit/flashscan
96/97 lt1 edit only option that i know of
98+ efi live/hptuners/ls1edit/flashscan

magicvega
03-02-2005, 05:43 PM
I know of a place in PA near philly kinda like NE philly that dynos Lt1's often its called JD'S AUTO REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE. Its in huntingdon valley near roosevelt blvd and redlion road. If you go there tell them Mike with the blue camaro sent you. The person that does the tuning is bryan from PCMFORLESS.

IROCdan330
03-02-2005, 06:51 PM
after I do my engine swap from 5.0 to 5.7 with vortec heads hotcam and TPI...(even though i have TPI now)..is there a place that will dyno tune my car? I've got an 87 iroc..so its OBD1 but MAF.

NJSPEEDER
03-02-2005, 07:17 PM
there are guys right here on teh board that can tune it for you.
dyno tuning is a bit overrated. it only truely prepares teh car for runnign at WOT. with little ability to account for proper cruising and street manners.
do a data log tune from street driving and you will be much happier with teh results. a little stop and go driving, a few WOT hits, and some highway cruise info will get you much further along than a dyno that sets idle and WOT with everything in between being a guesstimate.

later
tim

IROCdan330
03-02-2005, 07:51 PM
Anyone want to shoot me a PM thats in south/central willing to tune my car for me after my swap? my original plan was to get it from

www.fastchip.com for $350...its been highly recommended on an iroc board i belong to.

NJSPEEDER
03-02-2005, 08:17 PM
get in touch with fasterthanyou. he lives in central jersey and may be able to help you. he really knows his ****.

later
tim

Tony Danza
03-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Even though this was posted this like a month ago you may not have ordered it yet. In that case if you still want to go with a mail order tune i say go PCMFORLESS.com. Bryan gave me a mail order tune to start my car out with before i got a full on dyno/data log. I've driven my car only a very little so far, but the tune he set me up with would work fine for me for quite a while. It's a cam on the bigger side with fully ported heads, so its no hotcam tune.

Edit/addition: Oh and another thing i forgot to mention about PCMforless, he's right over in Reading PA, so hes much closer than Ion.

slasherbarb
03-03-2005, 08:21 AM
get in touch with fasterthanyou. he lives in central jersey and may be able to help you. he really knows his ****.

later
timi did...he says he doesn't have anything to tune my LT1

Blackbirdws6
03-03-2005, 09:27 AM
I had my car dyno tuned at a reputable place and they did not just mess with the idle and WOT. The tuner ran my car through the rpm range and adjusted for part-throttle, cruisin and the everything in between. My only gripe is that I'm running way rich at idle and there is only so far you can go with a stock computer. My car runs great and has fantastic throttle response. I had a mail order before the dyno tune and it was ok but the dyno tune really made me happy.

IROCdan330
03-03-2005, 11:08 AM
and that reputable place would be?

Tru2Chevy
03-03-2005, 12:06 PM

later
timi did...he says he doesn't have anything to tune my LT1

Tim's post was in reference to IrocDan330's car.....Jon only tunes OBDI.

- Justin