PDA

View Full Version : Subframe connectors

JerzLT1
02-15-2005, 10:34 PM
where can i get some? and whats the purpose of relocator brackets? just if your goin to a different rear or do they have use on a stock rear?

Little G
02-15-2005, 10:47 PM
you can get subframe connectors on Spohn and relocator brackets will move the rear mounting point for the lower control arms making them more effective. If you're getting them, be sure to get some new lower control arms as well.

JerzLT1
02-15-2005, 11:15 PM
well the rear im getting had to have the LCAs cut so i was plannin on gettin new anyway i was just wondering if its worth the money. im doin suspension stuff cause im not sure if im gonna build up this motor or wait till after bootcamp wheni have money and do a LS1/T56 in it

Tru2Chevy
02-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Yea, it's worth it to get the relocation brackets, more so if you plan on throwing some real power at it.

- Justin

ar0ck
02-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Also if its a T-top car, one of the best stiffening modefications would be subframe conectors. I went with Spohn Tubular Weld Ins from www.fbodymotorsports.com they were on sale when I got them.

JerzLT1
02-16-2005, 02:56 PM
its a hard top car but i was told it makes a hell of a difference either way

Batman
02-17-2005, 06:36 AM
Yeah either way it will help, the hardtops can still get a little droopy, but not so much as their roofless counterparts. I like Spohn's 4 bar design, that is the kind I will be getting once I fix my floor.

deadtrend1
02-17-2005, 05:02 PM
I got mine off ebay for like 85 dollars last year. They are a non brand name but the look exactly like the BMR weld-in connectors.

I still have yet to get Relo brackets, dunno if i want bolt or weld-in's.

Blackwizard222
02-22-2005, 11:49 AM
They are worth it, go tubular if u need ground clearance and rectangular for more rigidity. get weld ins, bolt ins eventually oval out the holes and become useless. also the relocation brackets put a lowered car back into correct suspension geometry for the lcas, without them u will get wheel hop and ****** traction.

bad64chevelle
02-27-2005, 04:39 PM
I almost bought a set of weld-in's, but then had a bad thought. Since my rear is almost shot and will be replacing it really soon with a 12-bolt or a 9" then id be screwed. I will be making my own bolt ins once i get a rear.

89 Trans Am WS6
02-27-2005, 05:29 PM
I was always under the impression that the tubular suspension peices are the strongest.

Infact i remember a discussion about it during the first firkin tavern meet and it was said that a circle is the strongest shape available over a box..stronger would be a triangle but they dont make anything like that