PDA

View Full Version : May monthly meet????

NJSPEEDER
02-16-2005, 03:55 PM
hey gang,
i have been talking to formula4speed via PM and we were wondering if everyoen would be interested in doing a joint meet with the first state f-body association?
we are thinking about something in far south jersey or northern delaware. maybe even try to make a trip to the drags a part of the fun.
this sound like an interesting idea to anyone?

later
tim

ar0ck
02-16-2005, 04:10 PM
I think I'll be down for it, but it has to be after Exams in may.

JerzLT1
02-16-2005, 04:15 PM
im down cause either way it wont be a far drive for me :lol:

foff667
02-16-2005, 05:48 PM
id be down.

Jersey_TA
02-16-2005, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't mind going if I have the date off 8)

NJSPEEDER
02-16-2005, 07:50 PM
do you guys think that the first time we do a joint meet it would be easier/better to stay with the existing pattern of hanging out and eating someplace or should we look into more activities?
maybe drag strip?
maybe bowling?
maybe mini golf?
maybe illegal burnout contest that gets us all arrested?

later
tim

ShitOnWheels
02-16-2005, 07:51 PM
As long as it ain't the weekend I'm having the family graduation party, I say more activities which should include alcohol for thos of age. I'll officially have a degree in my hand, I wanna celebrate (again)! ;)

Tony Danza
02-16-2005, 09:21 PM
I think its a cool idea. If it were at a track, is Atco the southern-most in NJ?

foff667
02-16-2005, 09:25 PM
I think its a cool idea. If it were at a track, is Atco the southern-most in NJ?

yes...or maybe do cecil depending on how far south we wanna go ;)

Tony Danza
02-16-2005, 09:39 PM
It would be fine for me to go out to MD but it could be a bit more of a hassle for northerners.

CrAsH
02-16-2005, 10:05 PM
im down as long as i dont got work.
frank

Jersey_TA
02-16-2005, 10:34 PM
WOO Atco meet please 8)

BigAls87Z28
02-17-2005, 02:11 AM
Lets not go TOO far into MD....not Masion Dixon dragway.
Grass roots drag racing there...a lot of grass roots, cause its all over your tires, cause there is no black top to park your car.

PBodyGT87
02-17-2005, 06:02 AM
do you guys think that the first time we do a joint meet it would be easier/better to stay with the existing pattern of hanging out and eating someplace or should we look into more activities?
maybe drag strip?
maybe bowling?
maybe mini golf?

later
tim

the beach. mayeb not to be swimming in the ocean, but the setting is nice. Boardwalk or something? just a thought...

Batman
02-17-2005, 07:09 AM

later
tim

LOL, I could get in trouble in yet ANOTHER state.....

Fasterthanyou
02-17-2005, 07:35 AM
maybe drag strip?
maybe bowling?
maybe mini golf?

later
tim

the beach. mayeb not to be swimming in the ocean, but the setting is nice. Boardwalk or something? just a thought...
That's an awesome idea. I second the beach for some of the monthly meets.
I'm up for the meet with other state clubs.
As for the mini golf... pass, that usually secludes people into mini clicks because it's like a max of 5 people at a time on a hole. The drag strip is always a good idea. Bowling's a better idea than mini golf because the groups are close.
We need to grow larger. Our "group" hasn't grown like it first did this summer, I'm hoping it's just the season but we've had like 2 or 3 new members each month. :(

foff667
02-17-2005, 07:45 AM
maybe drag strip?
maybe bowling?
maybe mini golf?

later
tim

As for the mini golf... pass, that usually secludes people into mini clicks because it's like a max of 5 people at a time on a hole. The drag strip is always a good idea. Bowling's a better idea than mini golf because the groups are close.
We need to grow larger. Our "group" hasn't grown like it first did this summer, I'm hoping it's just the season but we've had like 2 or 3 new members each month. :(

i was looking at the members list yesterday and lately we'd been getting like 2 a day :shrug:

ShitOnWheels
02-17-2005, 08:06 AM
maybe drag strip?
maybe bowling?
maybe mini golf?

later
tim

i was looking at the members list yesterday and lately we'd been getting like 2 a day :shrug:
Just in the past 2 weeks we've jumped almost 50 members. Right before the last meet it was only hovering around 300 members, now it's almost 350. They come in waves.

Tru2Chevy
02-17-2005, 09:14 AM

Yea, not sure how you are figuring that out. Since February 1st we have 26 new members....and it's 49 new members since January 17th.

I think we have some good ideas here for the meet. Have the guys from First State said anything about it?

- Justin

Fasterthanyou
02-17-2005, 10:20 AM

Yea, not sure how you are figuring that out. Since February 1st we have 26 new members....and it's 49 new members since January 17th.

I think we have some good ideas here for the meet. Have the guys from First State said anything about it?

- Justin
I should have said active members.
Signing up and being a REAL member are 2 completely different things. I noticed the sign-ups but look at the new member post counts :roll: .
If we want to be a recognizable club we need active members it's just that simple. I'm not bashing on people that don't post or attend meets, some can find time, some can't, it's a priority thing.
I think it's time to do some more hostile take overs of smaller clubs. That way we have active members and their "club" can still be around only it'll be a "crew" :) .

Tru2Chevy
02-17-2005, 11:07 AM
I think it's time to do some more hostile take overs of smaller clubs. That way we have active members and their "club" can still be around only it'll be a "crew" :) .

Do you have any in mind? :twisted:

- Justin

BigAls87Z28
02-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Beach idea would be cool, something like Sea Side or if you want to go closer to DE, Wildwood! 8)

NJSPEEDER
02-17-2005, 03:45 PM
the beach sounds liek a cool idea. i will see what first state thinks of it and let everyone know.

later
tim

Fasterthanyou
02-17-2005, 04:05 PM
We should probably figure which beach would be best. http://www.virtualnjshore.com/
What I know about the shore; Manasquan needs parking passes so it's a no go. Belmar is excellent, probably my favorite but the parking together is hit or miss since it's mostly street. Seaside or Point pleasant are the other options with ample parking. Al, you're near the shore, how's the parking? Also, do any of the beachs let you cook and drink or are they all dry? Never been to the Wildwoods, wouldn't mind trying something new. The only thing I can't stand about Seaside and Point pleasant is the LOUD boardwalks, it gets old pretty fast and good luck finding a place to play football or volley ball, it's like no room to do anything but spend money :? .