PDA

View Full Version : rotor/caliper brands???

gary95formula
02-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Any suggestions/preferences/experiences with these?
Its looking like ill be needing new ones, and just want to shop around. Not gonna go all out, and get really high-performance racing ones or anything, but I'd like something nice and reliable.

j0n
02-18-2005, 04:37 PM
i would say check out http://www.tirerack.com if you want to upgrade from stock. i just did my rears and decided that i'd go oem replacement. best prices for rotors and pads for your 95 formula will be at autozone. get the oem replacement rotors and "better grade" pads.

GP99GT
02-18-2005, 04:46 PM
if you go to autozone, dont get the "white box" rotors....not sure what brand they carry, but dont get the cheapos. they'll warp and **** up on you in no time, spend the extra cash and get the better rotors.

Batman
02-19-2005, 06:41 AM
Hawk Pads and power slot rotors are good quality at a great price. I put Baer Eradispeeds on my car, they work great but I don't know if they were worth the money. Course I haven't barreled off the end of the track yet, so I guess I can't complain. You can get 2 sets of powerslots for the price of 1 set of Baer's. Try www.thunderracing.com , they have pretty good prices on the Power slots and Hawk's. You sure you need calipers also?

gary95formula
02-19-2005, 11:47 AM
You sure you need calipers also?
Naa, I dont really. I just mentioned it, bc im just shopping around and wanted to look into it. Looks like they can be expensive, and i dont need to spend that much and dont have that much to spend. All i know is i could use new pads, and definately need one rear rotor, and i may as well get both rears while Im at it, and possibly just replace all 4.

karr95
03-15-2005, 04:00 PM
I have a set of stock rear rotors off my 95 TA if your interested. They are in good shape with no warping. I was asking $30 for the pair.

camaro2you
03-15-2005, 07:16 PM
ya i was gonna go baer but im just gonna go with the high performance stuff autozone advance and pepboys has who evers cheaper

The Fixer
03-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Wagner makes good quality rotors if you're looking for stock replacement parts. And I'll agree with the others; don't buy the white-box "Made in some foreign country with cheap metal" rotors, as they will warp in short order.