PDA

View Full Version : Progress/Planning update

NJSPEEDER
02-22-2005, 08:03 PM
hey gang,
i jsut wanted to let everybody know that things are still going really well.
this is the part where we get into the real nitty gritty of promoting and finding sponsors/vendors/prize donors for the event.
one big thing that will help a ton is that PamperedZ28 has stepped up to head the search for sponsors and vendors. this will allow me to concentrate more on the event promotion and arrangements.
there are a few new features that this will free up time to work on.
first big idea is an event program. nothing too fancy really. we will have a few tech articles and things of that nature. it will give us the chance to sell advertising in it, which will help to pay for bigger trophies as well as help us develop a prize fund of sorts.
we are also going to get to work on having some activities for saturday evening. since we know many of you will travel saturday night in stead of early sunday morning(and then some of us will be up there friday night for teh test and tune) we wanted to have a way to get everyone together and have a few laughs and bench races before the big show. details will be coming in the next week or so. once again, nothing fancy, but it should be a good time.
there may be lags of several days between announcements as we work on these larger projects, but dont' worry, we are still working on it :)
stay tuned kids and thanks again for helping get the word out.

later
tim

ShitOnWheels
02-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Tim, if you need any help with making progras or whatever, else, I still have a decent amount of free time, even when I start working my real job...just lemme know ;)

NJSPEEDER
02-22-2005, 08:14 PM
i will definately keep you in mind when it is time to stuff goodie bags :) that is a nice all day project to get my friends involved in :P

later
tim

ShitOnWheels
02-22-2005, 08:16 PM
lol, how bout I stuff you instead? :j/k: