PDA

View Full Version : Need ABS help

Savage_Messiah
02-25-2005, 03:32 PM
For quickness sake, I'll just copy and paste from camarov6.com

I have heard before that the 3 channel and 4 channel ABS are compatible, you just plug it into the same place on both rears. TTP called me earlier and Matt told me that as far as they know theres no way to use 3 channel ABS (whats on my car) with a 4 channel rear (what the new one is.. I'm assuming it is the correct LT1 rear that I ordered w/ no trac control).

Did a quick search [on camarov6] but found nothing solid, need help on this ASAP as they have the car up now. i gave them the go ahead to continue the swap (then had the old rear off) and Matt said he'll call some of his colleagues, but he doesn't see a way to make the 3 channel fit unless there was a way to actually drill and tap the pumpkin and put a sensor in there for 3 channel. this is due to the fact that 4 channel has the sonsors on both sides by the brakes.

Does anyone else have any input or ideas?

Savage_Messiah
02-25-2005, 04:39 PM
I just called, the rear is in the car but because it's a 4 channel rear - apparently contemporary corvette sent me one with traction control even though I said not to - they need to order a brake line kit for the 3 channel to run back since 3 channel has one line 4 channel has 2. They said it probably wouldn't be worth it to try and get a 3 channel rear from c.c. because this one's already in the car. I dunno, I guess I'll just get the brake lines and no abs and call it a day :?

Savage_Messiah
02-25-2005, 08:52 PM
http://www.funkz.net/birdrear.htm

??