PDA

View Full Version : Sunfire blower motor question

deadtrend1
02-27-2005, 08:52 AM
My buddys girlfriend has a 96ish Sunfire. The blower motor only comes on high. The middle two positions are off. I looked under the dash and made sure the thing with the 3 coils were plugged in.

Anyone have and other suggestions? I doubt its the switch.

89 Trans Am WS6
02-27-2005, 09:40 AM
Id say the resistor block is shot. Replace it and your problem should be fixed.

Reason for this is that power goes through stepped resistors to the blower motor to make speeds. The only speed that power does not go through the resistors is high. If high works and nothing else does, id say its the resistor block.

hope that helps

joe

Ian
02-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Id say the resistor block is shot. Replace it and your problem should be fixed.

Reason for this is that power goes through stepped resistors to the blower motor to make speeds. The only speed that power does not go through the resistors is high. If high works and nothing else does, id say its the resistor block.

hope that helps

joe

:stupid:

He's right on the money.

deadtrend1
02-27-2005, 11:15 AM
ok, Ill pull it out and see. my first quess that it wasnt plugged in, I never knew that the resistor blocks could actually go bad.

Fasterthanyou
02-27-2005, 01:07 PM
*cough* Multimeter *cough* ohm's law *cough* :wink:

deadtrend1
02-27-2005, 01:56 PM
*cough* It was at 8:00 last night in the dark when I looked at it *cough* my hands went numb, and I ain't the one dating the bitch *cough* :D

When she comes over again i look at it with a meter, It was just a pain in the ass holding a maglight, laying on my back onthe passenger floorboard, in 29* weather, with a adidas jacket for someone I know I wont get anything in return out of ... LOL

89 Trans Am WS6
02-27-2005, 05:10 PM
*cough* It was at 8:00 last night in the dark when I looked at it *cough* my hands went numb, and I ain't the one dating the bitch *cough* :D

When she comes over again i look at it with a meter, It was just a pain in the ass holding a maglight, laying on my back onthe passenger floorboard, in 29* weather, with a adidas jacket for someone I know I wont get anything in return out of ... LOL

Awesome hah. "I aint the one dating the bitch" followed by "when she comes over again.." What exactly where you doing on the passenger floorboard?!

Jk dude, yeah the resistor blocks can go bad. Not sure on that model exactly but if your unlucky i think that car has all the hvac stuff shoved in a big plastic box under the dash :shock:

good luck

joe

deadtrend1
02-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Jk dude, yeah the resistor blocks can go bad. Not sure on that model exactly but if your unlucky i think that car has all the hvac stuff shoved in a big plastic box under the dash :shock:
joe

Oh, I know where they are, just drop the plastic cover and its right there..easily accessable.