PDA

View Full Version : 95 acord front rotars

camaro2you
02-27-2005, 01:50 PM
does anyone know how to get them off my dad got himselft into a mess and now he can figure out how to get them off. lol so if anyone knows let me know thanks. honda has to make it so hard lol

HardcoreZ28
02-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Not sure if Honda is the same, but a lot of imports have two threaded holes in the rotor. Put a bolt into each one and crank it. It'll break the rotor free pretty easily. Hope this helps.

89 Trans Am WS6
02-27-2005, 05:25 PM
He took the screws out right? There usually is two screws holding the rotor on.

And if i remember some of them have like a 36 mm or so socket in the center that actually holds the rotor on. You make hafta take that off too. I may be mixing up two diff cars but then again its been a long day and im tired, lol.

joe

GP99GT
02-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Not sure if Honda is the same, but a lot of imports have two threaded holes in the rotor. Put a bolt into each one and crank it. It'll break the rotor free pretty easily. Hope this helps.

thats what im thinking, a guy came into my work asking how to take off rotors from another honda (dont know if it was an accord)

you just thread in a bolt into the seemingly useless holes, and crank on it a bit til they come loose.

camaro2you
02-27-2005, 06:29 PM
ok ill look to see if there are two holes
my dad went out and bought the book and it sounds like you have to drop the lower contol arms and take the cv joint out and a bunch of other ****

The Fixer
02-27-2005, 07:21 PM
ok ill look to see if there are two holes
my dad went out and bought the book and it sounds like you have to drop the lower contol arms and take the cv joint out and a bunch of other ****

I used to have a '91 Accord, and I remember my mechanic telling me that they were pressed onto the axles or something crazy like that. Not really a fun driveway job.

camaro2you
02-28-2005, 07:32 AM
ya thats what im thinking but atleast my dad is doing it in the garage.