PDA

View Full Version : Tint

biggsj84
02-27-2005, 09:28 PM
I got in a big fight with the parentals about this tonight so i figured id see whats up
Who in here has tint on the side windows?
I know its illegal in jersey but do you really get hastled by cops about it?
Is it worth getting done?
(keep in mind, i have close to 3.5k in stereo equipment in the car)

Nething i could use as an argument against the parents would be helpful, thanx

bad64chevelle
02-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Yeah....Dont have tints and I know the cops will bust my balls- Open glass in the back + stereo equipment = disaster. Thats another reason I took all my stereo stuff out.

ar0ck
02-27-2005, 11:10 PM
If a majority of your stereo is in the trunk. Your allowed to tint the hatch as much as you can afford & want. Â*In NJ it is illegal to have your side windows, and you will A. Get hastled by SOMEONE and B. Fail State Inspection.

NJSPEEDER
02-27-2005, 11:35 PM
i have never heard of anyoen getting pulled over just for their tint. the only time i really see anyone get hastled for tint is if they are being a dick or if it is some young cop trying to play the hard ass roll. even then it is only an obstruction of view ticket(the same ticket you get for having a graduation tassle hanging off your rear view). that ticket costs a lot less than your stereo equipment is worth, expecially since it is a no point/non moving violation.
rear tint is legal in nj, there is a limit though. side tint people routinely get through inspection with as long as it isn't extremely dark.

later
tim

Mike
02-27-2005, 11:51 PM
i get messed with all the time........then again i have a double layer of 4% and you have to put your hands on the glass to see in....

and once they see that i have no inspection sticker, they leave my tint alone...... :roll:

biggsj84
02-28-2005, 07:44 AM
no inspection sticker...?

and if i got the sides done, it would prolly be the same or a lil darker than the t-tops

slasherbarb
02-28-2005, 08:36 AM
when i went to my probabtion class for my license a couple years ago... :oops: ...the cop who ran it let us ask any questions we wanted...one kid asked what the law was on tint...the cop said that he had a personal law...if he can see inside, he was cool with it...don't knwo about other cops though...i think it's all on cops perogative...but inspection will probably kick your ass for it...

78camaro
02-28-2005, 11:11 AM
get tints do it trust me,bc its very rare your gunan get puled over for tints alone but there good bc liek if it gives cops somethign to give you a ticket for thats a cheap ticket and not bad liek i have been puled over for speed a few times and the comps liek blah blah illlet you off and ill just give you a ticket for the tints (50$ ish) so they help you out in that way but its up to you, and if you do dont get any darker then 20% or else at night they can sometimes be bitch to see outta

Koll
03-02-2005, 03:54 PM
I wouldnt go any darker than 25 or 30 on the sides.

When I get my tint done, Im gonna get 25 on the sides, and 5% on the hatch

Savage_Messiah
03-02-2005, 08:40 PM
I had tint... cop gave it to me as an alternative (wrong way ona one way... it's not REALLY a one way... long story.) But I did get a ticket for tint specifically theres not obsruction of view. I had to take off the tint plus 75 dollar fine plus court costs

Ian
03-05-2005, 03:33 PM
I know Jersey TA has his side windows tinted, I dont know how much though. I also dont know if he's gotten hassled for it or not. :shrug:

Tru2Chevy
03-06-2005, 10:08 PM
I know Jersey TA has his side windows tinted, I dont know how much though. I also dont know if he's gotten hassled for it or not. :shrug:

His car is still registered in Indiana, so I don't think he gets hassled much.

- Justin

Squirrel
03-06-2005, 10:25 PM
you cant see into my hatch and my sides have light tint on them, if you get a note from your eye doctor that you have a problem with driving + sunlight you can get thru 8)

CrAsH
03-06-2005, 10:32 PM
My older sis had pretty dark tint all around she use to get hasseled all the time but not latley..own question is should i bother to get my hatch tinted if i have a rear window defroster?
Frank

bokey
03-18-2005, 01:19 PM
I got in a big fight with the parentals about this tonight so i figured id see whats up
Who in here has tint on the side windows?
I know its illegal in jersey but do you really get hastled by cops about it?
Is it worth getting done?
(keep in mind, i have close to 3.5k in stereo equipment in the car)

Nething i could use as an argument against the parents would be helpful, thanx

? for you... do you own your car and your insurance? you can use that aganist them... when you go though inspection .. have the windows rolled down .... you shouldn't fail ... i know a lot of people that have the front tinted and get through with out any issues...

enRo
03-18-2005, 01:31 PM
My buddy from school had a V6 99' rustang. he got pulled over in dover for having 2.5% tint on all windows except front windshield.... next day he came to school with scratches because the cop asked him to take the tint off the side windows.