PDA

View Full Version : I'm ready to replace all weatherstripping and more on Monte

V
02-28-2005, 11:54 PM
well the package finally arrived, a complete replacement weatherstripping kit for my monte ss(over $400). Â*This should be fun. Â*I have the door seals, windowfelt strips, all ttop seals, and the trunk seal. Â*Now i have to pull all the molding and trim off the car and repair any rust damage(i know I have some) where the ttop plates are. Â*Once thats done I will jam the car out with black paint so it'll be ready for the color change. Â*This week I'm also installing the GTA seats and throwing the carpeting back in. Â*I had he floors repaired and they look good. I painted them inside fully with POR15 now i just have to jack up the car and paint the underside. Â*One problem i do still have is a water leak(not coolant) by the passenger footwell. but ive traced it down to one of two things, first being the windsheild isnt sealed, (thats getting done soon) and second, the g bodies apparently are known for leaking water through the airbox, but now i have a tech article of how to fix that so that should fix the leak. Â*Oh and when i do the weatherstripping, i'm replacing the door pins. Â*Once thats complete, the interior is getting swapped to grey and its getting new springs in front and rear(f body of course) and new tires are already on the way. Â*This car will be nice once its all done, and i know my GF will appreciate it.

bad64chevelle
03-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Por 15 is nice stuff. Floors in the chevelle are done in it, top and bottom. Too bad i covered one half in carpet...it looked good. At least I know it will NEVER rust...The only bad thing about that stuff is if you get it on your skin since it takes like two weeks to come off. Good luck with all that weatherstripping, that stuff always tends to piss me off.

V
03-03-2005, 12:39 AM
i hate rust, lol, i got all the trim and old weatherstripping off and i wasnt too shocked. but now i need to make a few repairs and track down some more parts, i guess it never ends...