PDA

View Full Version : master cylinder keeps draining?

CrAsH
03-02-2005, 10:48 AM
alright my master cilender keeps draining but there is no sine of a leak theres no fluid any where on the car or where i was/am parked. The Brake pedal dosent sink to the floor or anything along the lines that point to a leak in the master cilender does any body have an idea of what might b happening?

Thanx
Frank

The Fixer
03-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Pull the rear tires and drums off. You might find a wheel cylinder blew and all the fluid is soaking the brake lining. :(

camaro2you
03-02-2005, 02:41 PM
ya thats probably what happened. take all of the tires off and check for little leaks. how fast does it drain?

CrAsH
03-02-2005, 06:07 PM
well fille dit saturday when it started snowin i checked it and it was almost empty i noticed a lil bit of leakage while checking my brakes but it wasnt enough for as much as did to have drained out there?
Frank

V
03-03-2005, 12:51 AM
like steve said, check the rear wheel cylinders inside the drums, also check the metal lines from the master to the proportioning valve and then to each corner of the car(well to each front and then 1 line to the back)...they have a tendency to rust and can just brake. The brake lines look like ribbed metal hoses. It can be leaking anywhere along the lines just enough to not drip, but it will drain decently fast, more when your using the brakes so it may not show while sitting or parked.

JerzLT1
03-03-2005, 01:23 AM
mine rusted on the rear drivers side right on the rear on my 86. its an easy fix, you just need a line bender, flare tool, and pipe cutter. its a cake job

HardcoreZ28
03-03-2005, 07:50 AM
If you don't find any leaks in your lines or the wheel cylinders you may want to try disconnecting the master from the booster and see if the rear seal is leaking. If so then the fluid is most likely getting into your booster and that's why you aren't seeing it on the ground anywhere.

CrAsH
03-03-2005, 10:55 AM
If you don't find any leaks in your lines or the wheel cylinders you may want to try disconnecting the master from the booster and see if the rear seal is leaking. Â*If so then the fluid is most likely getting into your booster and that's why you aren't seeing it on the ground anywhere.
but if it was in the booster wouldnt i see it around the rim because thats alot of liquid to drain with out any evidence?

89 Trans Am WS6
03-06-2005, 08:04 AM
Im with hardcore you can definitly be filling your booster with fluid. Disconnect the two and see. And no, you wouldnt see a leak but you'd be losing alot of fluid.