You skip school to go to the beach
The field you grew up playing in is now under development
You can’t believe other states don’t have full service at the gas stations
The corn from down the street can’t be beat
You spend more time at the Freehold mall than you do at home
You can’t stand the Colts Neck, spoiled losers
There are more Jews here than Jerusalem 5 years before Christ
People from other areas say you say ‘water’ weird and you don’t understand why
No matter where other people are from, if they aren’t from California, Florida, New York, or Jersey, they are a hick
Pennsylvania is another world
You think there’s no better shore than the Jersey shore
The summers are always great
You know that Jersey Freeze is the best place for ice cream
Everyone makes fun of how your state smells, yet all your trash goes to their state cough cough PA cough cough
Just after they are finished building a school, another one is in the works, or there are trailers erected for the dumb kids
You are sick of seeing Italian flag reflectors on cars
You remember Q104.3 and you know K-ROCK turned more commercial than MTV
The ‘Goonies’ touches home to your childhood
You are on the front line of the war with the Mets and Yankees, Jets and Giants, and Rangers and Devils
Every driveway has a basketball net
Every other house has a pool
You recognize places from the Sopranos show
You remember when 9 and 33 by the mall used to be a circle
You know what U-turns/jug handles are
Cops have nothing better to do then sit in speed traps all day
You see five cops on your way to the convenience store
You remember the riots of the Freehold Mall
You remember that ******* that killed a kid and gave the Smashing Pumpkins a bad name
Wawa is your home away from home
You worked for a telemarketer
When you go to the shore, you need to buy salt water taffy and fudge
You stay away from Asbury Park unless you are going to the Stone Pony
You stay far, far away from Ocean Grove
You drive around looking for ghosts
You know what I’m talking about when I say ‘Devils Door’
You’ve driven to gravity hill
Your area code keeps changing
You are tired of seeing Stumpy’s Yamaha commercials
You STILL can’t understand what the guy from the Tire Farm commercials is saying
You wonder when route 33 is going to be done
Your local police department is a joke
You’ve never gone to a New Jersey Nets game
You know how pathetic the Lakewood Blue Claws are
You know what handball is
You know that the only people who call it "Joisey" are from New York (usually the Bronx) or Texas
You know that it's called "Great Adventure," not "Six Flags."
You know what a "jug handle" is.
You know that this is the only "New..." state that doesn't require "NEW" to identify it (like ...Mexico, ...York,...Hampshire (doesn't work, does it)?
You only go to New York City for day trips, and you only call it "The City."
You know that people from the 609 area code are "a little different."

bad64chevelle
03-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Jon whats wrong with the people from 609? I still dont understand it. I get most of them however i think your version is a North Jersey version. I have never been on 33 or 9 in my life. However most of them apply to me. PA does suck! Another one to add...you refer to people from Massachusetts as "Massholes". You know youre from jersey when you get pulled over you get pulled over by the WHOLE towns police squad! You know youre from jersey when you go to any other state and order a pizza, and it SUCKS!

ShitOnWheels
03-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Jon whats wrong with the people from 609? I still dont understand it. I get most of them however i think your version is a North Jersey version. I have never been on 33 or 9 in my life. However most of them apply to me. PA does suck! Another one to add...you refer to people from Massachusetts as "Massholes". You know youre from jersey when you get pulled over you get pulled over by the WHOLE towns police squad! You know youre from jersey when you go to any other state and order a pizza, and it SUCKS!
Everyone calls them Massholes. Not just Jersey. ****, I hadn't heard them called that until I was in RI. And even people in Mass call others Massholes.

And how can you never have driven on 33 when you live not far from it?

badzracing
03-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Jon whats wrong with the people from 609? I still dont understand it. I get most of them however i think your version is a North Jersey version. I have never been on 33 or 9 in my life. However most of them apply to me. PA does suck! Another one to add...you refer to people from Massachusetts as "Massholes". You know youre from jersey when you get pulled over you get pulled over by the WHOLE towns police squad! You know youre from jersey when you go to any other state and order a pizza, and it SUCKS! I agree...born and raised in south jersey and can only relate to a few of your "quotes".

LT!freak94
03-06-2005, 10:35 PM
hey i from the 609 place you dont understand but heres another you go outa state lookin for a wawa and i can relate to like all them except the 33 and 9 realy never herd of them

camaro2you
03-07-2005, 06:07 PM
hey add this one
you paint silver strips on your tractor. hmm cough cough not me lol :)

Brando56894
07-13-2005, 03:06 AM
i can relate to some of them especially the "wawa is your home away from home" i go to college in wayne and there arent any friggen wawa's up there!!! me and like 5 or so of my friends were wawa deprived after a few weeks

i have no idea where 33 is, although i do where 9 is (the only place ive seen it is going to OC via the 34st bridge and goin into wildwood)

"You skip school to go to the beach " oh hell yea!

"The field you grew up playing in is now under development" this one hits home big time. in the last few months the huge field behind my grandfathers house (for anyone in vineland, its the field on the right on maple ave when your heading towards the soccer fields commin from brewster rd) theyre tearing down all the trees and what not and puttin 136 old ppls homes back there!! wtf we used to ride my go cart back there and play paintball back there now were SOL :x

"You think there’s no better shore than the Jersey shore" i beg to differ :-/

"You know that Jersey Freeze is the best place for ice cream" never heard of it, they dont have one in vineland, nor have i ever seen one...

"You remember Q104.3 and you know K-ROCK turned more commercial than MTV" i think you confused north and south jersey on that one bro :lol: K-ROCK is an NY station we get it up in wayne and it is/was Q102, which is no longer :(

"You stay far, far away from Ocean Grove" never heard of it....

"You’ve driven to gravity hill" never heard of this either...

not to pick your stuff apart but its 4 am and im bored lol

JerzLT1
07-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Rt9 is off of 72 on the way to Long Beach Island.... i live 5 mins from it lol

Brando56894
07-18-2005, 02:58 AM
the only ones close to me are 47, 49, and 55 :) and maybe 322 and 42 like 15 to 20 mins away