PDA

View Full Version : headlight conversions

BlueFBird
03-06-2005, 08:32 PM
does anyone know of a headlight conversion for a 4th gen camaro. Â*i saw one on a video it had like 2 round blue blulbs and im trying to find it online but have noluck.

i have aftermarket headlights on my car right now and their the dumbest thing i have ever seen, i cant figure out what brand they are and im pritty sure their not even for a camaro. when i bought the car it had these headlights and a few days i poped the hood to take a look at one of the headlights cause it was out and the wires were comepletly fried. they were all brittle and falling apart. and it looks like whoever had it rigged the things to mount in there breaking the mounting brackets. does anyone have an idea like wht all these parts would be to go back stock? its annoying the hell out of me cause now i wont pass inspection cause i dont have high beams.

LT!freak94
03-06-2005, 10:38 PM
ok well i think the 2 round blue thing were probly fog lights i found this out like a week ago i was looking around for that too give me an instent message on aim and i will send you a pic of a good idea so you will have low beams and high beems lt1freak94

Violat0rX
03-07-2005, 12:23 PM
The headlight conversion you're talking about is probably the PIAA headligth conversion. A few years ago, before I bought my car in '99, a company called Ritek actually made the conversion and sold it as a kit. However they no longer make them or are in business i believe. But there are a few tutorials on how to do it. I did it a few years ago, but have since changed the low beams to a set of hella 90mm projectors w/ HIDs. Here are some old pics of the piaa lights, i think they are the 1000x series. http://www.cardomain.com/id/violat0rx that cardomain page is really old, i never update it.

and here is a more recent page with some pictures of the 90mm low beams. I have some night shots with them HIDs on but I can't find the link right now.

http://community.webshots.com/user/violat0rx

Tru2Chevy
03-07-2005, 12:34 PM
ok well i think the 2 round blue thing were probly fog lights i found this out like a week ago i was looking around for that too give me an instent message on aim and i will send you a pic of a good idea so you will have low beams and high beems Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* lt1freak94

No, they shouldn't be fog lights. They make projector-beam lights that can be modified to replace factory setups like ours.

- Justin