PDA

View Full Version : Question for my friend!

Maximus
03-10-2005, 08:58 AM
He's got an 02' Z28, and he wants to install the "Mcord" electronic cut out! He wants install (2) of them, is this possible?We figured that it is. We could install them right after the headers? Any input/thoughts? I wanna do the same for my 92 Z28! Thanx

Tru2Chevy
03-10-2005, 09:05 AM
It is possible to install both cutouts with some exhaust systems, however it would be cheaper, easier, and just as effective to install a single cutout just before the cat.

- Justin

foff667
03-10-2005, 09:14 AM
if he doesnt have any cats i would just do one in the Ipipe...it would end up being much cheaper and easier and you wont see any gains otherwise.

Maximus
03-10-2005, 09:43 AM
How is that possible to see no gains w 2? It would be like going straight out of the headers! Cheaper, they're not that expensive! Does anyone have pic's? That would be awesome!

foff667
03-10-2005, 09:52 AM
How is that possible to see no gains w 2? It Â*would be like going straight out of the headers! Â*Cheaper, they're not that expensive! Does anyone have pic's? That would be awesome!

believe what you want but he wont make more then 5hp tops compared to putting it in the Ipipe...unless hes going with a true dual setup its worthless IMHO.

Tru2Chevy
03-10-2005, 10:22 AM
How is that possible to see no gains w 2? It Â*would be like going straight out of the headers! Â*Cheaper, they're not that expensive! Does anyone have pic's? That would be awesome!

believe what you want but he wont make more then 5hp tops compared to putting it in the Ipipe...unless hes going with a true dual setup its worthless IMHO.

I don't even think 5hp....maybe one or two.

- Justin

Mike
03-10-2005, 04:30 PM
bahhh left side header collectore (front of y-pipe) will hang to low to put a cutout there...

at least it does on my car, i would have to put it at the end of the y right before the intermediate pipe.........hence, using only one

and if you think about it.....bill and justin are correct....whats another foot of smooth unobstructed tubing? you will see MINIMAL gains putting it at one end of the y over the other

Maximus
03-11-2005, 07:09 AM
Thank you guys! I will let him know, I wasn't doubting you, I was just questioning for my own knowledge!!! Thank you very much!!!

foff667
03-11-2005, 07:52 AM
I wasn't doubting you, I was just questioning for my own knowledge!!!

using all the exclamation points is like using caps lock as if your SCREAMING HOW COULD IT NOT MAKE MORE POWER? ITS LIKE HAVING OPEN HEADERS...as far as your comment about being cheap they run $210 for a pair + ~$30 each for (2) manual cutouts you'd need...so your talking $300 shipped to your door then installation of the two cutout instead of just the one. I mean its up to your boy but electronics near 1200* heat scares me and I wouldnt trust them to last as I heard too man horror stories about qtp's electric cutouts...personally i just got a manual one from cbrrmike and will go that route...just less things that can break at the most inopportune times.