PDA

View Full Version : This normal?

Savage_Messiah
03-13-2005, 10:04 PM
Car is running pretty good now, I may need a brake job but I was planning on that anyway since I don't know what this rear has been through.

The one thing tho is, sometimes when I'm turning i hear this creaking or groaning sound. It's not consistant, but repetitive. I'm scared that my differential bay be acting up, but I was told it may be the brakes?? Or that it might just be the clutch packs?? I can't really even hear it over my exhaust, I'm gonna try to head over to TTP tomorrow to see what they think. Any local people wanna hear it and offer opinions then let me know, and anyone who has anythign on this. Thanks.

Savage_Messiah
03-14-2005, 01:14 AM
Just took the car for a "spirited" drive on some twisty hill roads... and nothing tells me that the differential is acting up. I did hear a **** load of creakings all over the car tho... when I got home i did the psuh-down test on my rear suspension and guess what... it made the same creaking sound that I was hearing earlier. So I guess it has something to do with springs/shocks/bushings...

j0n
03-14-2005, 07:18 AM
time for sfc's and poly bushings

HardcoreZ28
03-14-2005, 07:41 AM
Poly bushings are even louder. It's an F-Body.....it's supposed to make those kinds of noises.....honest.

Savage_Messiah
03-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Hm.. if I need to replace bushings anyway you think http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=eadvsearch.asp&SearchType=Make is worth it?

Teds89IROC
03-15-2005, 12:46 AM
You mentioned you just replaced the springs and shocks like last spring...it could possibly be that your springs were put back wrong, I know when I changed my rear the springs had to sit just right on this rubber pad.

~Ted

karr95
03-15-2005, 12:26 PM
I have a 95 TA and when I go to turn at very low speeds (basically just rolling) it'll moan a little. I don't think its anything to worry about. Maybe just check the power steering fluid.