PDA

View Full Version : Non Active Posters

ar0ck
03-14-2005, 03:00 PM
I was thinking a way that we can get some of the 0 posters to come back to the website was to send out an automated email to whatever email they signed up with. Im not positive if with this website they used an email activation or required Email. Although it may not be shown in their user profile. The admins should have a way to find the persons email that they used.

I know on my forum I can just click a check box next to the users name and send out messages from the website.

You could just send a brief reminder to the non-active members too see if we can get any more active. Becuase I sometimes browse the members list of lowest post counts and theirs probably about 100 or so non active people who have regestered and have either forgoten or the weather just discourges them.

Just thought Id add my .02 to get some more active members for all sections of New Jersey.

NJSPEEDER
03-14-2005, 03:04 PM
we actually have the first monthly news letter done. had an issue with it not sending when i tried to do it last night. i don't think anyone got it.
justin adn i will look everything over tonight and hopefully it will go out.

later
tim

Untamed
03-15-2005, 08:43 AM
You'll always have lurkers and those who just want use of the classifieds section. A newsletter might provide the cliffs notes version of the news, enough to get them to look a little more at the board discussions.

I think I've posted all of 5 times on the TGO discussion boards, however I'm pretty active in the classifieds. They just dont track the classifieds postings.

Hope this newsletter isn't full of Readers Rides pictures or some other bandwith eating info? :D

Tru2Chevy
03-15-2005, 11:32 AM
The newsletter will be a text-only e-mail sent to every member of the board (we admins do have access to every member's e-mail address).

It is basically a write up of current club news and plans for the near future. Look for it to arrive in the next few days.

- Justin

Oddball
03-15-2005, 11:32 AM
One thing to think about:

I generally check this board from work. Lately there have been a LOT of "not work-friendly" avatiars. While I appreciate them at home people have to be sensitive to when others may be viewing.

I generally don't have a lot of time at home because of the wife and kids.

Maybe this is one reason for people not coming here a lot. Can you track when people log on without posting?

zoomin iroc
03-23-2006, 01:34 PM
HUM... lurkers and non-posters. Wait that's me! Where are the Classifieds? I have a bunch of stuff to sell.

Tru2Chevy
03-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Where are the Classifieds? I have a bunch of stuff to sell.

In the forum just above this one ;)

- Justin

nj85z28
04-01-2006, 01:27 AM
nothin wrong with lurking ;)