PDA

View Full Version : May Meet?

NJSPEEDER
03-20-2005, 09:33 PM
hey gang,
i was wondering if anyone had been thinking about someplace to hold the may meet?
we would like to go as far into south jersey as possible and invite the delaware club up to join in the fun. think about a saturday or sunday afternoon sometime in the middle of the month.
we need a place with food, reasonable prices, that is acceptable for people of all ages.
so who has an idea? :)

later
tim

ArCoLoG2
04-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Atlantic City Area?? It's the shore and it should be nice I would assume in May, we could do an early meet so everyone can drive home that night, and we'd be able to be out in the day light.

NJSPEEDER
04-03-2005, 12:03 PM
that would definately be a cool idea. check around and see if you cna find a place. all we need is a good sized parking lot and a place to sit down and eat that is acceptable for all ages.
try for a saturday or sunday around the middle of the month if you talk to anyplace.
i will send you a PM with more details.

thanks
tim

GrandmasterCow
04-11-2005, 10:46 PM
lets get somethin planned ASAP so this meet doesn't get cancelled. deptford i guess is outta the ques, also turnersville probably the same. what about around the shore, like stated above like AC or somethin? or is that like way too south.

Slow Z
04-12-2005, 01:51 AM
Vinelands a good area for stuff like that...

JerzLT1
04-12-2005, 08:56 AM
i think OC or Wildwood would be better for people under 21..and i think parking is gonna be a problem since you have to pay for almost every place in those areas

Tru2Chevy
04-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Vinelands a good area for stuff like that...

Do you have any specific places in mind?

- Justin

Slow Z
04-12-2005, 11:28 AM
Landis Ave, tons of huge vacant parking lots and people already meet up around there every weekend.

IROCdan330
04-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Landis Ave, tons of huge vacant parking lots and people already meet up around there every weekend.

true...late at night thats where all the ricers and random other cars meet and talk or decide where to go race.

most of the time its behind sears or in the CVS parking lot...that i know of at least.

i think the cumberland mall is a good place as well...maybe even the hamilton mall.

ArCoLoG2
04-14-2005, 05:43 AM
Been searching for something in the Atlantic City Area. Not doing so well....Ocean City is a fun ass place, but you'd probably lose out on people who want to drink cause it's a dry town...I'm having trouble thinking of places around here that have a large room we can use....People need to chime in so we can figure this out

Later guys

GrandmasterCow
04-14-2005, 06:21 AM
well lets find a place thats not just a bar or somethin cuz for us under 21 we really dont wanna just be sittin around. lol

sleeperMULLET
04-14-2005, 12:55 PM
right behind the scumberland mall there is a regal movie theatre, friday nights are always "hopping" and its got a huge parking lot. Also i think there is a car "gang" that hangs out infront of the regal, all thier stock honda civics had the same color neon lights under the cars.

IROCdan330
04-14-2005, 02:38 PM
right behind the scumberland mall there is a regal movie theatre, friday nights are always "hopping" and its got a huge parking lot. Also i think there is a car "gang" that hangs out infront of the regal, all thier stock honda civics had the same color neon lights under the cars.

bingo.

GreekZ
04-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Rice is good with fried chicken!!! :wink:
Don't mind about the mall with the imports. If that will be the loc. we should just mind are own biz and not mess around with them. By the way we both love cars. :D

Slow Z
04-16-2005, 04:48 PM
People hang out back there? Weird... I still say Landis is the best place. Buncha resturants/bars in the area HUGE parking lot, cars are normally cool as long as nobody starts acting like a *******. If the cops tell people to leave just move on down the street.

ArCoLoG2
04-24-2005, 07:33 PM
Ok, only problem with finding a parking lot is we need a place to get some food and things like that, is there a restaurant in any of these parking lots? Hamilton mall is almost always full. Gunna be tight trying to get 50 cars in the same area. Parking along the shore will definately be a problem too. Although, across the street from the Hamilton mall the end of the best buy parking lot isn't usually used, neither is the target. It'd be in our wises interests to check with and get written permission to park 50 of our cars there. Last thing we need is for us to be asked to leave shortly after arriving. Also question to the moderators, are we wanting to be in the public eye so people check us out? or does it matter if we are behind some building doing our own thing...

Dave

NJSPEEDER
04-24-2005, 08:02 PM
it is always good to be out where ppl can see us. if that isn't possible no big deal though.
i have to give atco a call tomorrow as well. several members have suggested heading to the track and then out to eat after as a possible meet idea.

later
tim

GrandmasterCow
05-02-2005, 10:06 AM
so... few weeks went by without posting in this section,does someones got some really good ideas/plans?

casketcrewchick
05-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Well there is that area sorta behind the Hamilton Mall that isnt packed where the furniture store used to be. I used to live in Mays Landing so I was there a lot but its been like a year since I have been that way.

GrandmasterCow
05-02-2005, 11:51 PM
hmm no idea where that is lol but we need something setup asap, or else i cant do **** cuz i only have a few days left to be able to put in a request for a day off.

Slow Z
05-02-2005, 11:52 PM
I still say Vineland on Landis Ave. Theres a crappy Denny's that has a bar like a block away. If you go 10 minutes straight up the road into Millville by the Cumberland Mall theres a ****load of restuarunts all next to each other. Applebees, Red Lobster, Texas Roadhouse, Bob Evans...

Tons of parking, others hang out there (60% rice), cops are usually cool and even if you do get kicked outta the lot you can just go a block up the road to another lot. Its right off Exit 32 on RT 55 and right near RT 47.

Theres also some decents roads to "play" on if your into that kinda stuff... :shock:

GrandmasterCow
05-03-2005, 04:15 AM
nice, anyone interested in getting us hooked up with that area? slow z?

GrandmasterCow
05-06-2005, 01:44 AM
i assume no one is interested in doing a may meet, since its already the 6th ?

IROCdan330
05-06-2005, 05:39 AM
give the approximate date and number of people and ill make a couple calls.

GrandmasterCow
05-06-2005, 10:02 AM
hmm i guess 40-50ppl, unless we make another list to try to see how many ppl are gonna go, and i guess aim for like two weeks. 15th-21st, or 22-28th, u guess any date between there would probably be fine.

FoxTa
05-07-2005, 12:41 PM
hey im new to the board but im in the mayslanding area. Off subject but im out at landis sat nights.
Any1 know where the english creek shoppping center is on 322, theres a big parking lot and a chinese buffet there called sharon zangs that is BYOB. Also a hibatchi grill there thats awesome. Just a though.

camaro2you
05-15-2005, 07:14 PM
so wheres it gonna be at?

NJSPEEDER
05-15-2005, 07:54 PM
no place. no one stepped up and looked into anything and now it is too late to give anyone any notice.
we will head back to south jersey in august. so if anyone has any ideas for then start persuing them now. remeber the weekend of the 13th and 14th is the club's anniversary meet, so that weekend is out.

later
tim

Slow Z
05-16-2005, 11:19 AM
I said Vineland 3 different times, came up with a few locations, and nothing from any of you more hardcore NJFBOA people...

Why not last weekend in May? first weekend in June? I think the night of May 28th is far enough to give notice for... or even June 4th. :shrug:

ShitOnWheels
05-16-2005, 11:47 AM
I said Vineland 3 different times, came up with a few locations, and nothing from any of you more hardcore NJFBOA people...

Why not last weekend in May? first weekend in June? Â*I think the night of May 28th is far enough to give notice for... Â*or even June 4th. Â*:shrug:
Not trying to speak for anyone, but this is how I see it:

Coming up with places and actually speaking with them to make sure they would welcome the group are different things. I'd be more than happy to do some leg work, except I live no where near that part of the state (I'm considered South I think, but I'm much closer to central NJ that it's tough for me to do any work down in that area).

As far as last weekend in May, that's Memorial Day weekend, and it'll be tough getting anyone to show, as many people have travel plans or car show plans, and many restaurants are expecting a large crowd as is, that it would be tough to get in. Â*as for first weekend in June, my guess is it's possible, but you run into other problems (kinda close to the North June meet, and it no longer being May etc). Â*

In the lounge I have a post about my graduation party May 21 that people are welcome to come to as an informal meet. Â*PM me for my address or directions if you wanna come. :)

foff667
05-16-2005, 11:54 AM

Why not last weekend in May? first weekend in June? Â*I think the night of May 28th is far enough to give notice for... Â*or even June 4th. Â*:shrug:
Not trying to speak for anyone, but this is how I see it:

Coming up with places and actually speaking with them to make sure they would welcome the group are different things. Â*I'd be more than happy to do some leg work, except I live no where near that part of the state (I'm considered South I think, but I'm much closer to central NJ that it's tough for me to do any work down in that area).

As far as last weekend in May, that's Memorial Day weekend, and it'll be tough getting anyone to show, as many people have travel plans or car show plans, and many restaurants are expecting a large crowd as is, that it would be tough to get in. Â*as for first weekend in June, my guess is it's possible, but you run into other problems (kinda close to the North June meet, and it no longer being May etc). Â*

In the lounge I have a post about my graduation party May 21 that people are welcome to come to as an informal meet. Â*PM me for my address or directions if you wanna come. :)

:stupid:

GrandmasterCow
05-16-2005, 12:34 PM
yeah, i would offer more assistance but im mostly working and haven't had much time to figure something out. ill still try, today through wednesday i have off so i'm up to meeting with anyone and seeing what our options are, just gimme a call or look fo me - 856.498.1943. maybe doin somethin in deptford by where i work, RL, or that area? or maybe deptford was too difficult, not sure. or we can just do a small one. dunno.

NJSPEEDER
05-16-2005, 05:44 PM
it is not jsut a matter of saying a town or area or even a restaurant. you have to go get things set with them. no one ever persued a particular locationor date for the meet.

we saw the first time that we were supposed to go to south jersey what only having a week or two of notice does. hardly anyone showed up.

june meet is ready to go in north jersey, july will be in central jersey and then we will try to hit south jersey again in early august.

start lookin around for places that fit our needs and see if something can be set up for teh weekend of august 6th and 7th.

later
tim

IROCdan330
05-16-2005, 05:57 PM
can someone inform me as to what you guys would rather eat at this meet/time of day?

i was talking it over with my dad, on delsea drive (Rt 47) there is a friendlys by the cumberland mall, as well as a bowling alley right next door. i dont know if this would be a good idea, you guys would need to tell me.

also there is always the outback steakhouse, theres one down by the shore...they normally have adequate parking.

5 points inn/diner out off of old landis road, has an upstairs...i could call and see prices on renting it out...my dad thinks itd probably be something like 13.95 a head. i dont know if you guys would be down...and if the parking is sufficient enough.

let me know what you guys are into with regards to meets, with this much time in advance, ill start calling now to see if theyd accomodate.

NJSPEEDER
05-16-2005, 11:01 PM
basically what we need is pretty simple.

1. parking for 30 or so cars. preferably together and the more visable from the road the better.

2. food. any place with good food that an adult can eat a full meal for 15bucks or so i woudl say is fair.

3. management must be willing to host us. we don't have money to put down deposits or anything, so they have to want us to be there. this part is easy, most people won't turn down the potential for 40-50 extra paying customers.

4. must be friendly to all ages/family enviroment. a lot of people like to bring their kids and many members are not yet 21, so we can't go to a bar basically.

5. places that have space to seat us all together. that way if we have any announcements to make or people want to mingle there is no looking around for the members of our group.

6. meets are generally saturday or sunday, starting around 2ish

as you can see the requirements are pretty simple. it is mostly just a matter of letting the restaurants know about us. we have had several successful meets already. never any incidents, and we have a strong membership base to draw from.
print out a copy of the club flyer to hand to teh manager and be prepared to drop things like our membership count and that we were founded in august of last year.
it is a little late to get anything together for may. if you want to start planning for early august that would be great. if you want to put something together for before then, hit me up on AIM and we can figure out some good dates to shoot for.

thanks
tim

IROCdan330
05-17-2005, 05:21 AM
Thanks Tim...I'll look into finding somewhere for around August 6th. I'll call the places I've mentioned...and see whats up.

NJSPEEDER
05-17-2005, 06:00 PM
thanks for taking the lead on this. it is pretty easy to get something like this together. hardest part is always finding teh time to visit the places.

later
tim