PDA

View Full Version : Help me please Ideling Problem When hot Plus few new things

My94T/A
03-22-2005, 07:09 PM
Still having this problem Hi I have a 94T/a A4 with LPE, 1LE and Magnaflow no cat. Well I recently replaced the O2 sensors because I thought they were they problem. My car starts to jump around on Idleing when the engine is around 180-210 range. It only does it when I am stopped. Sometimes the rpm will jump to 1100 and the car will try moving and i have to put it in Neutral or smash the brake harder. It get very annoying when I am on bumper to bumper traffic. I thought it might have been the O2 sensors but they are new. Both on them. After the search I noticed the IAc got blamed, but why would it do that only on that temp range? . Â*Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

Now I have this Wierd problem with my car. The winter is almost over and during the winter when you clicked over my car it was like the car died but then it would start up. I assumed the Starter is on it's way out. Last week I was driving around and The RPM the niddle like flickered at 2000rpm and then I gave some more gas and the car kept on going. So I really didn't think anything of it. But then Today after driving 70 miles home I was pushing it around 2000-2700rpm, the rpm flickered. Today then going to pick up someone I pucnhed she and she picked up fine. But coming back the was was around 1900rpm and hesitate and sorta shook, then it did it again on 2600rpm. So gave it some gas going down the blocked seemed fine. But when I gave it normal it did it again.
Also the car has new Opti, plugs and wires, pcv valve, new O2 sensors (bosch, I know should of gotten delco's), The injectors were cleaned by Gm few months ago, don't remember about the fuel filter, all those things have less then 8K on them. Sorry the post is kind of long But I am stumped and I don't know if they are related somehow or no. Thank you for all the help is advance.

Also Forgot to Say the car does the ideling problem only after driving not when its sitting in the drive way warming up. Â*Thanx for all the help guy, keep it up.

karr95
03-23-2005, 08:22 AM
I have a 95 TA and I was having a idleing problem a few months ago. I needed a new opti, plugs and wires. Do you have any misfiring, hesitation or feel that the car is holding back?

bad64chevelle
03-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Join the club....i have all new crap and still dont know...

bokey
03-25-2005, 03:29 PM
I have the same issue. I thought it might be a vacuum issue? Whenever the thermostat opens at 180 degrees. Over time, it seemed to get a little better...

89 Trans Am WS6
03-27-2005, 07:29 AM
Does it do it at a warm cruise also?

If its idles ****** from a cold start its not your 02 sensors as they dont come into play until the car is in closed loop.

Alot of things can cause it, but need more details..does it only happen cold/hot only idle? lemme know

Squirrel
03-27-2005, 02:43 PM
so at idle the car wants to lunge forward?

ChickenLittle
03-28-2005, 03:56 PM
i was having the same problem, i tried this 'procedure' i got from a website and it seemed to have worked so far...yes it was the IAC and it needed to be 'reset'

i'll post later tonight when i do the final test

My94T/A
03-29-2005, 12:08 AM
I bought the car over the summer and as soon as i got it home the Opti went. So did the plugs, wires, pcv, opti and got the injectors flushed from the GM dealer. And did the o2 sensors maybe 2 thousand miles ago. All these parts have less then 10k on them. got the car with 113k and now got 119K. Well it's cold out now. So when i first start the car the RPM is little over 1000 and the oil pressure this over the 40psi mark. Then when it warm's up the car idle's fine. Then after driving it a bit and when especially when in traffic the engine will start getting hotter and as soon as it's around 210 and i m holding the brake down the car wants to move forward. And the RPM will start bouncing around 1000 to 1500. Sometimes i put it park and it will go down and up to 1000 to 1500 for the time. Then when i start driving again the temp goes down to 180 and it'll be fine. But around 210 and in traffic it's a pain. Most of the time i smash the break down, then it bug's the hell out of me, because I think it's hurting my tranny by trying to move and me smashing the brake down. Thanx for all the suggestions and replies, keep em coming.

ChickenLittle
03-29-2005, 12:27 AM
I haven't had a single problem with the idle if you want to try the IAC thing....i drove it until it was nice and hot, then i idled it for a while...it was at a steady 900 and never faultered...

i mean it can't hurt to try this:

with the key off, slightly depress the gas, then start the car, take you foot off the gas once it's started.

let the engine idle for 5 seconds, then turn off the car for 10 seconds.

start the car again and drive as normal...

give it a shot, hell it doesn't cost a thing and who knows, it may work :mrgreen:

My94T/A
04-07-2005, 09:34 PM
ChickenLittle Do i do the thing you told me about when the engine is in closed loop or open loop. thanx.

ChickenLittle
04-08-2005, 02:04 PM
ChickenLittle Do i do the thing you told me about when the engine is in closed loop or open loop. thanx.

no clue...all i know is my bad, it didn't work after all...

my **** started acting up again...in fact it's lost power...a lot of power... :roll:

Fasterthanyou
04-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Hook up a scanner yet?

ChickenLittle
04-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Hook up a scanner yet?

sure did, last check, everything was within the normal ranges...of course after I left the scanner alone and drove a little while (5-10 mins), i got another light, but haven't had the chance to pull a code...

i'm wondering if i have a blown head gasket...

i'm changing the plugs, wires and fuel filter Monday...

Fastbird
04-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Just a thought, but what are the starting characteristics of the car?? Is it difficult to start at all???

Where in NJ are you located?? If you're near me I can put my laptop on your car and check it out with Datamaster.

ChickenLittle
04-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Just a thought, but what are the starting characteristics of the car?? Â*Is it difficult to start at all??? Â*

Where in NJ are you located?? Â*If you're near me I can put my laptop on your car and check it out with Datamaster.

starts right up...i'm in Essex County...how far are you?

ChickenLittle
04-08-2005, 02:24 PM
oh wait, i see...McGuire AFB...bout an hour...

My94T/A
04-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Fast Bird where are you in Essex County. You might me real close to me. Would mind If i went for the laptop offer. I am really fustrated at this point. Had the car in the local shop for half the day and the stupid rejects couldn't find anything but I drove for 10 mins the car was acting like total POS. IF you want feel free to Aim at Ruamit03 or Pm. So I can get a better idea how far you are. Thanx

ChickenLittle
04-23-2005, 08:46 AM
i guess this would be an update...

now that i know what open loop and closed loop are, i can answer the earlier question of my problem cropping up. the erratic idle was only in closed loop, as was the sputtering and hesitating. The knock sensor was pulling as much as 15 degrees of timing when it was doing this, according to a GM Tech2 scanner. I was thinking today, i wasn't having all of these problems until i replaced my timing cover seals, water pump and opti. i'm wondering..as silly as this sounds, could teflon tape on the CTS in the water pump be the culprit? it's the only thing that's different...i replaced the plugs and wires, today is the fuel filter and O2s...but if it's only hapening when the car warms up, i'm thinking maybe i goofed in doint that?

opinions?