PDA

View Full Version : E-town getting tuffer on noise?

Pampered-Z
03-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Someone posted on another board that E-town is not going to allow loud mufflers. Such as the SLP loudmouth and if you get caugh running a open cutout they will toss you out.

Anyone else heard this?

LT!freak94
03-29-2005, 05:49 PM
i read that two but what about no mufflers hehe

NJSPEEDER
03-29-2005, 05:58 PM
it is the same 90db rule. they are just being specific as to which systems/mufflers tend to fail sound tech.

later
tim

bad64chevelle
03-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Its such ********. The track was there first, then the houses. If the people living there dont like tough ****. Englishtown is going down the tubes because of ********!

Rant over...it just makes me sick how this society works!

Mike
03-29-2005, 06:48 PM
i seem to remember being there for slp day a few years ago and that the loudmouths all passed tech....

barely, but passed.......

now......longtubes, ory and loudmouth may be different.......

and the tech guys didnt say a word to me about my car.

BrandonDrecksage
03-29-2005, 07:20 PM
they have certain days when you can run a cutout or loud mouth. once a week i believe.

Koll
03-29-2005, 08:13 PM
After we run, all the cars should go tooling around the neighborhood side streets. Cutouts open and all.

NJSPEEDER
03-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Its such ********. The track was there first, then the houses. If the people living there dont like tough ****. Englishtown is going down the tubes because of ********!

Rant over...it just makes me sick how this society works!

e-town is going down teh tubes cause it is run by a bunch of business men and slackers. back in the day when it was run by race fans it was teh only place i wanted to be. now they are all about cash.
the db rules they enforce are not the tracks rules. they are actually both federal highway law and nhra policy for "street" cars. they have been to one degree or another enforcing these rules for many many years. all that has changed in teh last 5 years or so is that the enforcement has been discussed publicly instead of teh old system of doing a spot check or two here and there.
i have been wondering about ways to make the presence of racers known in the community(in a non-negative/destructive manner) for some time and found one that may work. a group of civil war re-enactors(sp?) was getting harrased by a town near where they had canon competitions(yes, they actually target shoot real civil war canons competitively). their solution was to have everybody bring silver dollars to pay for everything when they came to town. when teh town saw how much money their "unwanted" visitors were actually spending they changed their tune real fast. anyone think somethign similar to this would work? maybe it would be better with $2 bills than silver dollars, but it seems to me that they surrounding townships would notice something like this.

later
tim

NJSPEEDER
03-29-2005, 08:29 PM
they have certain days when you can run a cutout or loud mouth. once a week i believe.

wednesdays and sundays are their "noise" days.

later
tim

BlueFBird
03-29-2005, 09:54 PM
raceway park made that town what it is now they wana get rid of it what ********. people move there from cities like new york and compain about a little noise comon!

j0n
03-29-2005, 10:04 PM
**** being civil...i dont see any way that being civil is going to turn people around...and since thats the case then the tracks gunna disappear, and if its gunna disappear, we might as well make the town pay for it...im ALL for cruzin around the town at 4-5000 rpms on straight pipes

Ian
03-29-2005, 10:07 PM
im ALL for cruzin around the town at 4-5000 rpms on straight pipes

:werd:
My jeep sounds hella nasty at those R's! 8)

BlueFBird
03-29-2005, 10:08 PM
this is y i hate people

NJSPEEDER
03-29-2005, 10:12 PM
if you guys are really so offended by teh towns actions look for a positive and reasonable solution. running around town on open pipes and generally acting like a street racer retard only makes teh towns point, and does nothing to save the track from being harrassed.
you also have to realize that the track property is actually on the outskirts of old bridge township. so you are not dealing with just one town, you are dealing with 3.

BrandonDrecksage
03-31-2005, 07:34 PM
if you guys are really so offended by teh towns actions look for a positive and reasonable solution. running around town on open pipes and generally acting like a street racer retard only makes teh towns point, and does nothing to save the track from being harrassed.
you also have to realize that the track property is actually on the outskirts of old bridge township. so you are not dealing with just one town, you are dealing with 3.

I don't knwo about that. My car is registered in pa, I can run straight pipes legally, I have a cutout that i'm getting installed. before i heard this, i would have it capped till i get to the track, but if they are trying to pull this ****..why not piss them off? if they keep on doing this to the track and eventually close it or make the rules insanely restrictive...its just going to create more street racing. which is going to be a lot more annoying then cars runnign at the track till 10 at night,

CrAsH
03-31-2005, 11:02 PM
:stupid:

9secfirebird
04-01-2005, 05:44 AM
maybe people cruzing around the street with open exhaust at high rpms would be part of the reason they are pissed, and if you do it, they will complain more. which is what we dont want

Tru2Chevy
04-01-2005, 08:15 AM
maybe people cruzing around the street with open exhaust at high rpms would be part of the reason they are pissed, and if you do it, they will complain more. which is what we dont want

:stupid:

- Justin

BrandonDrecksage
04-01-2005, 05:21 PM

well my point is..if the track gets to restrictive or closes..people are going to street race more..which is more annoying? people runnign their loud cars at the track till 10 or whenever they etown closes...or people street racing and killing themselves and causing more accidents? which would also raise nj insurance. so like i was saying..they aren't going to be albe to stop people from driving around teh streets with loud cars...so why bother ****ing with etown?

NJSPEEDER
04-02-2005, 11:45 AM
it is simple why you don't go piss off the locals guys. cause it gives them ammo against teh track and us.
would you like to see a time when you can drive through towns with a cat back without getting pulled over? that is what happens when everyone acts like a bunch of JO's instead of trying to make a change.
the track is also in no way threatening to close. this **** has been dragging on for 20+ years and they make more money every season. they can afford good enough lawyers that the town can not legally threaten them because of the noise. all the noise agreements are legal state and federal and have a long legal standing with the community.
also, there are noise limits on teh street. those would be the same limits that the NHRA and e-town enforce. if you look at a rules book you would see that these noise restrictions are actually supposed to be enforced at every NHRA sanctioned facility. there are only a few classes not held to a noise restriction.
face it guys, you either figure out a positive way to make a difference or you are just lending to the demise of teh facility you are crying for. that is life.

later
tim

BrandonDrecksage
04-02-2005, 03:35 PM
i meant that i'd be more inclinded to do that IF the track closed..or became to restrictive