PDA

View Full Version : Installing T-top weatherstripping

enRo
03-31-2005, 06:05 PM
I found my leak, and its coming from a huge gash in the TTop weatherstripping. Then it gets inbetween the roof and the inside ceiling and goes all over the place. Is it just as easy replacing the trunk weatherstripping (like pull off, then place right in) or do I need special adhesive. I wanna know before I order the new TBar and weatherstripping.

-Noah

HardcoreZ28
04-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Not even close to the hatch weatherstripping. Prepare to spend atleast a day on it. You need to pull off all the old rubber and then take your time removing all of the chunks that are still stuck on there. You may want to lightly sand the surface after that with like 800 or even a touch of 400. The t-bar is easy to remove and install. If yours isn't that bad you can remove it and have it painted or powdercoated. When you reinstall the weatherstripping use 3M brand weatherstrip adhesive, everything else sucks.
Go to TGO and print out the tech article...it is a HUGE help when reinstalling. I've had mine on for 3 years now and the only time I get water in is when I wash the car and there is direct pressure on the corners. I could probably adjust it and fix that too, but the car only gets washed maybe 10 times a year.