PDA

View Full Version : Any one want to have a Rutgers meet some time?

redbanditZ28
04-01-2005, 01:44 AM
I go there and i am mostly on livingston and busch campus. I occassionally take the camaro to college ave. I mostly drive a old 87 station wagon as my daily. But i take the camaro out some times. Any of you guys see me around ever? Its a 98 z28. Bright rally red with a black air induction hood with black probeam headlights and a black roof top. Have the loudmouth exhaust and 18 in chrome rims. I think it really stands out. Just wondering if any of you have seen my car in passing around the campus. I'll prob drive the cam more so once the end of this semester comes around. If any of you go to rutgers, give me a response. I still haven't met too many people there since i started going, so i would be happy to make some acquaintances. I am a junior and a psych major.

Koll
04-01-2005, 07:11 AM
GREASE TRUCKS!!!!!

bluebird94
04-01-2005, 10:50 AM
mmmm grease trucks...i dont go to rutgers but i live in piscataway a few mins away

79CamaroDiva
04-01-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm free tues and wed nights, the nights i take off of work to study. Might actually have to do some of that soon though.

CrAsH
04-01-2005, 12:18 PM
GREESE TRUCKS!!!would b an awsome spot for a meet..Also in piscataway:)

j0n
04-01-2005, 03:47 PM
mmmm grease trucks...i dont go to rutgers but i live in piscataway a few mins away

:stupid: and i cruise around rutgers in my convertible all the time

Blackbirdws6
04-02-2005, 11:04 PM
I live off courtlandt st, about 3 blocks from college ave. Ive never seen u ride around but then again i have no spare time to dick around these days. Im off on fridays and def plan to be cruisin around once the weather gets nice. BTW im the one lopin around campus lol

JerzLT1
04-03-2005, 12:09 AM
im here right now but i dont have either of the Fbodies wit me. i dont go here just visitin a friend

bad64chevelle
04-03-2005, 08:22 PM
I go there and i am mostly on livingston and busch campus. I occassionally take the camaro to college ave. I mostly drive a old 87 station wagon as my daily. But i take the camaro out some times. Any of you guys see me around ever? Its a 98 z28. Bright rally red with a black air induction hood with black probeam headlights and a black roof top. Have the loudmouth exhaust and 18 in chrome rims. I think it really stands out. Just wondering if any of you have seen my car in passing around the campus. I'll prob drive the cam more so once the end of this semester comes around. If any of you go to rutgers, give me a response. I still haven't met too many people there since i started going, so i would be happy to make some acquaintances. I am a junior and a psych major.

Do you live on campus? Which one? I have a Green 94 Z28, and can usually see me cruisin around some nights. I live on Livingston. Let me know guys I am in! I will be driving back up tomorrow morning, and will have the car this week, but will most likely be one of the last weeks its there this year since the rear end is almost entirely shot and need to finish my last couple modifications i bought and never installed!

NJSPEEDER
04-03-2005, 08:36 PM
i would be down for cruisin rutgers.
somebody decide where and when and i will try to make it.

later
tim

Violat0rX
04-04-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm in...I graduated in May, but I don't live far. Besides I still have a bunch of friends who go there. I had my Z there for most of the first 3 years when I lived on busch. Maybe some of you guys have seen it. White '96 t-tops w/ round head lights, ground fx, loud exhaust?

j0n
04-04-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm in...I graduated in May, but I don't live far. Â*Besides I still have a bunch of friends who go there. Â*I had my Z there for most of the first 3 years when I lived on busch. Â*Maybe some of you guys have seen it. Â*White '96 t-tops w/ round head lights, ground fx, loud exhaust?

slp windshield banner and ultra z(ram air with opening up front?) hood?

ar0ck
04-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Do I hear grease trucks?

redbanditZ28
04-04-2005, 04:44 PM
Okay, Well i obviously got a lot of replies here. That was easier than i thought it would be. Now the hard, part. As far as every one that would like to have a meet, where and when? I am just throwing this out there. How about some time this upcoming week? Maybe it would be good to meet at the grease trucks, around the perimeter of the parking lot there. Maybe like on a wednesday, or what ever day next week is warm and sunny enough. Also, since we now have longer days, i am hoping it would be good for all of you to meet during the late afternoon hours like around 3-6 pm. Unless you want to do a morning meeting, but i am sure people got class. I know i do. If its easier for you guys, maybe you may want to meet in that big livingston parking lot that no one is ever parked in near the dorms. Then we can cruise on over to the trucks. It would be very sweet to have a big group of f-bodies driving in a pack reving our engines and making those annoying imports sound like the pieces of junk they truly are. I extend the welcome out to impalas and monte carlos as well. I know i see like 2 guys that drive the impalas. Or better yet, i can put up flyers around all 5 campuses saying when it will all go down. That way we attract even more people, like the ones who don't come to this forum. I am open to ideas. Just trying to get it all in motion. Perhaps a thursday or friday afternoon most people may be free.

79CamaroDiva
04-04-2005, 04:50 PM
:( I drive my cherokee at rutgers..... no revving for me. Maybe after this cam swap i'll bring my camaro down here cause im hoping itll have a sweet lope to it

j0n
04-04-2005, 04:52 PM
me likey livingston idea...meet at raq parking lot at 3pm...cruise to trucks at 4?

bad64chevelle
04-04-2005, 05:04 PM
me likey livingston idea...meet at raq parking lot at 3pm...cruise to trucks at 4?

Gotta remember there will be little to no parking. Cant park in the lot behind the grease trucks without gettin hassled by the "Parking Enforcement" till after 8 :roll:

bad64chevelle
04-04-2005, 05:05 PM
I extend the welcome out to impalas and monte carlos as well.

What about Orange Chevelles??? Are they not cool enough for ya? J/P

JerzLT1
04-04-2005, 05:32 PM
i just started the new job! lol couldnt have done this sooner? lol maybe when i have a day off ill roll up in the Vert. that wont be for a little while tho

Mike
04-04-2005, 07:49 PM
im always down for a little ride up rt1

ar0ck
04-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Whats day?

And I dont know how to get to Rutgers :(

79CamaroDiva
04-04-2005, 11:47 PM
287, turnpike, 1, 9, 78, 22, 202, 206, pick one to get there from.

Violat0rX
04-05-2005, 02:01 PM
slp windshield banner and ultra z(ram air with opening up front?) hood?

nah just the SS hood, no decals or anything. So when is the meet? I have work all week so I can't do anything during the week unfortunately :(
Saturday is supposed to be pretty nice....not as nice as wednesday tho!! Damn work!

Blackbirdws6
04-05-2005, 02:26 PM
I think this will be difficult to plan for the greasetrucks, no way there will be enough space. Livingston sounds like a decent meeting place, with a ride up route 1 or something to grab a bite to eat. Can then cruise around after that. im down with cruisin around, but not the biggest fan of an all day sit around and stare at everyones car meet. lol

ps. if this goes down, someone needs to bring a video camera.

j0n
04-05-2005, 03:32 PM

i was in the t/a vert 8)

redbanditZ28
04-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Finally met some one on here in person. Nice convertible from the quick look i got at it as you were driving by. I was actually wondering if you posted on this forum since i just recently started posting on this forum myself. What do you have done to your car? I don't actually cruise around too oftenly with the camaro. I was actually on my way to the Inspection station by livingston but it was closed, so i figured why waste a nice day and go out driving. Should of had the ttops off. Well, if you want in on this meet, feel free to give some ideas if you want.

j0n
04-05-2005, 11:43 PM
not much done to hit...intake and shifter...but das about it...yea man when you said the car stood out you werent kidding...damn it looks good LOL

personally i dont see the grease trucks as a feaseable meeting place...never gunna find enough spots imo...unless(lightbulb!)...well i gotta work on something but for now i dont see grease trucks as a good idea...i like the idea that was brought up earlier in the thread about a cruise down rt 1 to some place to sit n eat...try for something like that?

redbanditZ28
04-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Okay. I am thinking on the second or third week of may, it should happen. School will be getting out at that point for all rutgers students, i think. It could take place at the livingston lot near the dorms to start the meet. Then, if you guys like the idea that is, we can have the bunch of us just driving by the college ave area, not stopping. But i know that a lot people will get caught in the traffic. So that may be a bad idea. Maybe just after we all get together in the lot, we can all just go to some hang out place like one of you guys mentioned. Of course it would have to be big enough for all of us to park. I mean, i have never been to a meet before. I have been to a full on camaro gathering which was more or less a camaro show, with music, trophy give aways, and burn out contests. But you prob need a permit for that stuff, and i am not crazy about taking the money out of my pocket to do so, even to get it started. NJ insurance makes you a cheap person. As it is, i am not sure if having this meet is legal. I mean i don't know if i need a permit to use the parking lot, and i don't want to be the one to get a fine for this gathering. You guys think i should go to the rutgers police or some where at some office to talk to some one about this?Cause if we get a lot of people, it would look to conspicuous. And it seems like a lot would want to go. After all, it is rutgers property and for those who go there, you know how unfair they are about everything. If you guys think i should talk to some one, just tell me who you think would give me the okay. Also, do you think people would get pissed if i put flyers on GM cars that would be welcome to the show? I mean i don't want to mess with any one's car. I was thinking of putting flyers on any camaro, firebird, gto, monte carlo, impala, S10 sports truck, nova, and any other cars that look like they would be interested. I figure i can increase the odds of more people this way by far.

JerzLT1
04-07-2005, 10:29 PM
i flyer every Fbody i see.... until they join the site lol so no i dont think theyll be pissed, its always fun to meet with other people who have the same passion... but if you see a Fbody with a big wing.... STAY AWAY lol

79CamaroDiva
04-09-2005, 03:38 AM
wait a minute, 2nd - 3rd week of may the actual rutgers folk wont be around!! I'll be working either at home or east brunswick.

bad64chevelle
04-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Whats goin on this week? Anyone up for a meet or something some night. Im open wednesday (after 9) and thurday(after 6) of this week friday i will be down at atco. Watching unfortunately.

79CamaroDiva
04-12-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm studying tonihgt, but can get around that, review session tomorrow and thurs til 10, but after 10 free wed and thurs.