NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   V6 progress (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25905)

V 05-15-2007 04:53 PM

no, we hate 3.4s

bubba428 05-15-2007 04:56 PM

...ya know....I can't even say any thing f'd up to that...

black34v6 05-15-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba428 (Post 344542)
haha I figured you'd join eventually.....Now just so you realize...your the only other one on this forum who knows ANYTHING about a 3.4...and watch out for j0n...he hates V6s....

meh. ive had my share -- not my fault that ppl are insecure ;) lol.

anyway. guess he never heard of tiagos single turbo'd 3.4 doing a 13.5 @ 107 on 10psi (and turning his centerforce clutch into glue). honestly it's cool if ppl wanna flame. let them get it outta their system ;) you just gotta realize that people are gonna hate and modifying your car is all about doing it for yourself, not other people.

<-- 305 power in a 3.4 v6 N/A with no tune. 184rwhp/212rwtq. james (12second) knows i suck at the driver mod on the 1/4 mile lol. he knows all bout my car.

Mike 05-15-2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black34v6 (Post 344549)
meh. guess he never heard of tiagos single turbo'd 3.4 doing a 13.5 @ 107 on 10psi (and turning his centerforce clutch into glue). .

WOWOOWOWOW A 13.5 ON A TURBO CAR WOWOWOWOWOW

bubba428 05-15-2007 05:08 PM

i'm pushing it a little further I'got a bigger cam and bigger injectors...hope fully i'll be getting alitle more umphh

:jake:

V 05-15-2007 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrrmike (Post 344554)
WOWOOWOWOW A 13.5 ON A TURBO CAR WOWOWOWOWOW

haha

im the last one to usually flame anyone on the board, but i thought the same thing, i ran that bone stock and the first time ever running my car. my friend has a turbo import deep in the 12s with a 4cyl, all stock motor/turbo(JDM)

BUT more power to ya if you wanna make the 3.4 fast. Its cool to be different. I'll build a turbo V6 4th gen eventually, but it'll be a tad more serious, backhalved and all.

black34v6 05-15-2007 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokingSS (Post 344556)
haha

im the last one to usually flame anyone on the board, but i thought the same thing, i ran that bone stock and the first time ever running my car. my friend has a turbo import deep in the 12s with a 4cyl, all stock motor/turbo(JDM)

BUT more power to ya if you wanna make the 3.4 fast. Its cool to be different. I'll build a turbo V6 4th gen eventually, but it'll be a tad more serious, backhalved and all.

im not saying a 13.5 is amazing -- i have friends with v8s and a couple with LS1's and i know they can do faster (even have a friend with a vette). but currently -- he is the fastest 3.4 that i know of. theres a lot of potential and i aim to be wakin people up to that. already trying to push people into updating their motors. the stuff that the 3.4 comes with sucks massive ass. if you guys dont mind ill post up my article on the 3.4 that i wrote and you can have a read :)

btw -- not sure what you mean by "backhalved" - thats a new one for me, ill have to go look it up. in terms of building this thing for power, yea ive got a list of go fast parts that is as long as it is expensive. turbos are definitely in the works for me along with teh megasquirt that i gotta splice in and tune. hopefully i can get better than a 10:1 AF ratio... honesty the 3.4 is like...seriously neglected in terms of what it came with in 1993-1995 - the Grand Am motor has way more time and attention put into it (for starters the 3.4L RWD came with 16# injectors, the 2000 Grand AM GT comes with 22# injectors... cast iron 3.4L RWD heads flow like ... 118/130 (in/ex) while the aluminum heads from the GAGT flow 200/180 unported (huge difference)) -- its just about discovering what GM left out and correcting it :)

i still havent ported and polished the heads or intake yet, thats coming soon. also need to figure out how to get the LT1 TB i have laying around to mate up with my 3x00 intake manifold. Car really needs more airflow. and a tune..dont forget the tune

just for s&g:
my lat dyno run

p.s. i plan on buying a 2009 camaro v8 (i know ill get flamed by someone for that but again, meh.) and keep the v6 as well.

edit: ahh...i gotcha now. i wouldnt go to all the trouble of futzing with the back of the car -- run it like it was built. im building a car that will work on the street, and that works for me. doesnt have to be a 1/4 mile monster or a autocross superstar either -- just has to perform the way i want it to. i take it you guys are big on racing here? lol..

deadtrend1 05-15-2007 06:14 PM

[/Benchracing] ... :)

black34v6 05-15-2007 07:19 PM

:rofl:

If you think so...

Honestly you shouldn't flame me just cause you don't like what im posting. If I was bench racing I'd be quoting 1/4 mile times and reaction numbers and how i think that adding this part and that will make me run xx.xx in the 1/4 mile and how my car will beat yours cause it has this and that in it.

Just quoting how the 3.4 is lacking in terms of design. Don't hate just cause I'm making a point ;)

bubba428 05-15-2007 07:21 PM

he went with a tamer cam and smaller injectors on a, stock tune. I'm going bigger cam/injectors and I can drive. so I think my numbers should turn a few heads. Now, if tiago was running 13.5 turbo, it was WAY to big, and my N/A set up i'll be looking for 14.2-13-8...

Mike 05-15-2007 07:28 PM

stop posting and start building.

black34v6 05-15-2007 07:29 PM

lol. you like to have the last word in too? :-p

bubba428 05-15-2007 07:31 PM

Dude he already built it...and I'm pushing it further.....dude I AM building....

Mike 05-15-2007 07:36 PM

think it will hang with ls2's?

bubba428 05-15-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrrmike (Post 344606)
think it will hang with ls2's?

are you serious....deff. not N/A but maybe, in the future I'll boost it and well...we'll see...

Mike 05-15-2007 07:44 PM

yes im sereious, i mean a stock ls2

bubba428 05-15-2007 07:50 PM

what do they run....I've stated what I expect... low - mid 14

j0n 05-15-2007 07:57 PM

OMGWTF fast v6s!!! wait...i see a 13.5...nevermind

Mike 05-15-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba428 (Post 344613)
what do they run....I've stated what I expect... low - mid 14

my stock 4800lb trailblazer runs 13.9-14.1 depending on how bad i hotlap it

black34v6 05-15-2007 08:02 PM

no v6 n/a can hang with a LS1/LS2. the FASTEST n/a 3.8 that i know if is in the 13's and he stripped his car down.

every v6 has to at least turbo / supercharge to run with anything v8. thats not to say you cant get a v6 into low numbers. look at the 3800 - people doubted that and it ended up running 9's. i think the 3.4 is capable of 11's, maybe even 10's. would need a lot going into it and a lot of boost to go with it (like 18-20 like the GN guys run).

is it doable yes? am i doing it? yes - currently gathering parts. Will it happen soon - probably not as I am going to have to collect stuff. I cant just toss a cam in there and get 50 extra hp. If you think that makes the 3.4 worthless then thats your opinion.

Honestly - personally - and i dont care who i piss off with this, but I think that owning a v8 is the "Easy way out". you have a ton of parts that are easy to come by and throw in. I like the challenge my 3.4 provides me in terms of making me figure out new ways to squeeze more power out of it. You say my car is not worth the time of day, I say I've found myself a challenge. We each have our own view of things and I'm not trying to change yours.

So why do you want to change mine - and why disrespect? Honestly car owners are car owners. And btw - at least we aren't modding imports. We bought GM cars cause we wanna support an AMERICAN company cause we believe in America. So why hate? Why not just embrace us as fellow car enthusiasts and let us be...

Thats all I gotta say on this anymore. I'm stayin out of this thread from now on. Still be on the board lookin around, I just don't have anymore to say on this.

trashman01 05-15-2007 08:05 PM

i wanna get a 4th gen v6 and tinker with it, it prob be a 3.8L tho

j0n 05-15-2007 08:05 PM

they sound like crap and cost twice as much to go half as fast...the end

Blacdout96 05-15-2007 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black34v6 (Post 344618)
no v6 n/a can hang with a LS1/LS2. the FASTEST n/a 3.8 that i know if is in the 13's and he stripped his car down.

every v6 has to at least turbo / supercharge to run with anything v8. thats not to say you cant get a v6 into low numbers. look at the 3800 - people doubted that and it ended up running 9's. i think the 3.4 is capable of 11's, maybe even 10's. would need a lot going into it and a lot of boost to go with it (like 18-20 like the GN guys run).

is it doable yes? am i doing it? yes - currently gathering parts. Will it happen soon - probably not as I am going to have to collect stuff. I cant just toss a cam in there and get 50 extra hp. If you think that makes the 3.4 worthless then thats your opinion.

Honestly - personally - and i dont care who i piss off with this, but I think that owning a v8 is the "Easy way out". you have a ton of parts that are easy to come by and throw in. I like the challenge my 3.4 provides me in terms of making me figure out new ways to squeeze more power out of it. You say my car is not worth the time of day, I say I've found myself a challenge. We each have our own view of things and I'm not trying to change yours.

So why do you want to change mine - and why disrespect? Honestly car owners are car owners. And btw - at least we aren't modding imports. We bought GM cars cause we wanna support an AMERICAN company cause we believe in America. So why hate? Why not just embrace us as fellow car enthusiasts and let us be...

Thats all I gotta say on this anymore. I'm stayin out of this thread from now on. Still be on the board lookin around, I just don't have anymore to say on this.

so we got a cali bro now. I think thats the farthest member we got here. i own a V6 3.8, and love every part of it. we had guys running 12's, ifact one of our members has the fastest n/a 3.8, and he didnt even getto touch the bottom end. the only problem with 3.4's is that they dont produce enough aftermarket, and if there are parts, jsut liek the 3.8's, you have to sell off your first born for parts. And alot of people smack talk about how their V8's run this time and that time for the same amount of money put into their engine and such that we put, but hey that's your thing, you were able to afford a V8, not everyone can, so we have to make do with what we got. I on the other hand have not touched my motor at all, just supension, and thats all i needed. But I bought my camaro for 2500, how many peopel can say they bought an LS1 camaro or firebird for that much, or bought a LT1 that wasent beaten to ****, or needed alot of replacement parts for that much. Hugh bought his 3.4 for 800 bucks on a minimum wage budget, so if anyhting, you guys should applaude him for buying an F-body. He could of bought any kind of car out there, but he had his mind set on a camaro, adn i give kudo's to him, and so now, he has an intrest on building up on whathe's got. He doesnt havea high paying job, nor did his mommy or daddy help him get it, and the same for me, so if you guys were ever in our shoes, and seen y we bought V6's, youd stop busting on us. Cause in the end we all have one thing in common, We love our american car, and we love our f-body, weither it be a 3rd gen 4 cylinder, or an LS1 SOM WS6 ( had to drop in kelseys car, cause it's sex on black ZO6 rims lol) we are all fellow F-body lovers.

Tru2Chevy 05-15-2007 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black34v6 (Post 344618)

Actually, the fastest NA v6 (not including purpose built race cars) is in the mid 12's. Lance from TX ran a 12.4 in a 3300ish lb heads/cam 3.8.

Quickest stock motor (no heads, no cam, valve covers never been off) is Craig (Little G) running a best of 13.585 @ approx 3130 lbs.

- Justin

Savage_Messiah 05-16-2007 12:46 AM

.. and if you're referring to Shawn's cam only record that stood before Lance took that beast to the clash, than that was a 13.53 (then sprayed a 100 shot to a 12.26), but now yes he is completely gutting the car.

black34... now how's about this one... 90 degree > 60 degree. ;)