NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   NJFBOA Events (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   June 2014 Meet - 6/7 Chatterbox Inn, Augusta, NJ (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=64632)

enRo 06-05-2014 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsar (Post 905311)
Any OG NJFBOA people going to this?

I might be able to attend. I have a wedding to attend to Friday, and some morning festivities on Saturday, so as long as they don't cut into the afternoon portion of my day, I'll be bringing Angry Fish. :lol:

NJ Torque 06-05-2014 08:46 AM

I may be able to attend...

L695speed 06-05-2014 04:11 PM

Larry, what time are we gathering at your shop Saturday?

Tsar 06-05-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enRo (Post 905315)
I might be able to attend. I have a wedding to attend to Friday, and some morning festivities on Saturday, so as long as they don't cut into the afternoon portion of my day, I'll be bringing Angry Fish. :lol:

Hit me up guy, I live by you now in Randolph.

fire-chickens 06-05-2014 09:03 PM

I'll be there!!!

L695speed 06-06-2014 10:10 AM

Anyone who wants to cruise up, some of us are meeting at TaKid455's shop Saturday. Thread here...

http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthr...369#post905369

For those too lazy to click and read...

Address is 118 Mill Street, Hackettstown, NJ

We're meeting up around 3.

IROCZman15 06-06-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROCZman15 (Post 905088)
FYI, there is a car show that same day really close by to this too.

June 7, 10am-3pm 111 Howard Blvd in Mount Arlington for the Mt. Arlington F.O.P. Lodge to benefit a fallen police officer from their town Joe Wargo

I might go to that one, then to the chatterbox for our meet, then stay at the chatterbox for the nightly cruise event. triple header !

I hate to quote myself...but I just found out that this car show in Mt. Arlington is canceled due to "unforeseen circumstances"

however, there is ANOTHER local show tomorrow too, On rt 46 in Hackettstown actually At Rt 46 Chevrolet dealership from 9-3:30
http://www.blacktoprebels.com/events...searchRun=true
and https://www.facebook.com/rt46chevrolet

so most likely I will be going to that one, and leave there to maybe meet up with the guys cruising to the chatterbox .. if I don't go to the car show, i'll just meet up with our group and cruise there. nick has my cell phone number if you guys are looking for me and im not there by the time you want to head out

RiggsLW81 06-07-2014 08:46 AM

late addition, (no work!) count me in plus one.

just so i understand the gameplan, everyones going at 3pm, or the event starts at 3pm? also, do i need to ask for specific parking for this club, or just ask for the modern muscle section.

thanks, looking forward to it!

L695speed 06-07-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiggsLW81 (Post 905399)
late addition, (no work!) count me in plus one.

just so i understand the gameplan, everyones going at 3pm, or the event starts at 3pm? also, do i need to ask for specific parking for this club, or just ask for the modern muscle section.

thanks, looking forward to it!

The actual event for the club starts at 3. A bunch of us are meeting at a fellow member's shop in Hackettstown to cruise up to the club event. Those of us who are doing the cruise are meeting at the shop at 3. So we will probably be there fashionably late, getting there at 4:30 or so.

So if you want to just go to the Chatterbox, getting there at 3 should be fine. Just hang around and watch for a whole train of us coming in. Second gens, third gens and fourth gens, along with some others.

If you want to meet us and drive up, meet at the shop at 3pm.

Address is as stated a couple posts above:
118 Mill St. Hackettstown, NJ

BonzoHansen 06-07-2014 09:52 AM

So you guys are missing the club part

RiggsLW81 06-07-2014 11:33 AM

I will head straight to the chatterbox..where you guys are meeting is well further than the location itself for me. enjoy the cruise.

I will probably shoot for 330-4. will park in the modern muscle area.

come say hello when you guys land. my car is pictured in sig.

rockbox 06-07-2014 01:24 PM

see everyone there

Blackbirdws6 06-07-2014 07:52 PM

Gina and I got there about 3 and stayed for a few hours. We had a real nice ride up and back with the bird. I would have stayed longer but my left leg was killing me. This was my first time going the Chatterbox. Really cool place and nice crowd. I will be back next year for sure.

L695speed 06-07-2014 08:31 PM

Well that was eventful....., Got tired of waiting for Larry, sorry Larry LOL, AJ breaks, my brake lights apparently quit working....... In all though, good fun. Now about those brake lights, it isn't the bulbs because the signals work and four ways work, must be the switch. Checking it out tomorrow. I did get it home without issue. Good seeing everyone.

thehazguy 06-07-2014 09:18 PM

Well went to Island Dragway this afternoon instead of the Chatterbox. Went five rounds in street eliminator and won. Car was deadly consistent and I didn't always have the best light but I didn't beat myself with a redlight.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...psbd3393a2.jpg

IROCZman15 06-07-2014 09:39 PM

good times today, good turn out. I felt bad for AJ.. he had just won a top 30 trophy at the Rt 46 Chevrolet car show an hour earlier. good ride up there too. if someone remembers.. please list the roads/route we were on, I'd like to take that drive for fun on my own or with some locals one day again soon. what was with that lady in the Honda sedan doing 24 in a 45 for miles!!!

great meeting a few people and seeing a few people that its been years. good food too. glad I was able to get off from work. I took a bunch of photos... and hopefully I will get them uploaded in a few days.. i'll send the link to the gallery. all in all.. great day

L695speed 06-07-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROCZman15 (Post 905417)
good times today, good turn out. I felt bad for AJ.. he had just won a top 30 trophy at the Rt 46 Chevrolet car show an hour earlier. good ride up there too. if someone remembers.. please list the roads/route we were on, I'd like to take that drive for fun on my own or with some locals one day again soon. what was with that lady in the Honda sedan doing 24 in a 45 for miles!!!

great meeting a few people and seeing a few people that its been years. good food too. glad I was able to get off from work. I took a bunch of photos... and hopefully I will get them uploaded in a few days.. i'll send the link to the gallery. all in all.. great day

I'll PM you the route Dave. I'll even throw in a few other suggestions. I was talking to Nick and we agree if it was just him, me, Larry and maybe one other, we could have really changed it up. But with so many people unfamiliar with the roads we kept it simple. I drive these roads quite often as I live in the area.

Anyone who happens upon a half moon on Bilby between 517 and waterloo, nothing to see there, move on. :burnout:

The_Bishop 06-08-2014 08:56 AM

You burning rubber within 1/4 mile of my house?!

Glad you guys had fun. I was stuck at work. Pretty sure Bonzo knows my work schedule and makes sure all the meets are when I'm working. ;)

Anti_Rice_Guy 06-08-2014 09:02 AM

If there was ever a perfect milkshake day, yesterday was it. :nod:

My Pics:

http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65020

omarcamaro 06-08-2014 09:28 AM

had a great time at chatterbox will do it again

L695speed 06-08-2014 11:04 AM

I already found the problem I was having with the brake lights. Damn switch wasn't releasing when got on the brakes. Basically was jammed in the off position. Either gonna un-jam it or replace it. But no one should be running into the back of me once fixed. Seems the cruise switch is jammed as well but I could care less about that because the cruise doesn't work.

RiggsLW81 06-08-2014 11:21 AM

Had a great time at the chatterbox, good seeing everyone...very happy with the 3rd gen turnout!

and Nick -- how bout you get that summertime Whiskey Cafe show added to the meet list !!! (runs Saturdays 4-10PM, from beginning of May thru Labor Day)

omarcamaro 06-08-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiggsLW81 (Post 905428)
Had a great time at the chatterbox, good seeing everyone...very happy with the 3rd gen turnout!

and Nick -- how bout you get that summertime Whiskey Cafe show added to the meet list !!! (runs Saturdays 4-10PM, from beginning of May thru Labor Day)

I agree we need to add that

Highland Ranger 06-09-2014 08:10 AM

Nice meeting you guys!

TaKid455 06-09-2014 08:40 AM

Great day. Had and equally great time. Nice run to test out the winter upgrades on the 78. Aside from AJ's 3rd gen falling apart ( A good reminder to all to fix and go over your cars. Luckily his is an easy fix, but he missed out on the ride and meet.), the cruise up was uneventful sans granny at the end doing 25. Shameless plug: If anyone needs work or modifications done, 2nd Gen Engineering (my shop/ business) will be glad to help.

Good to meet new faces. Route was :
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.8...d41.119688!3e0

Shop - 517 - 603- 206(short) - Limecrest (669) - Lake Iliff RD - Germany Flats Rd (623) to RT 15