NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Stop the Presses! (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   GM EFI Feature Article of the Bird (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=66668)

Blackbirdws6 01-05-2016 06:51 PM

GM EFI Feature Article of the Bird

A couple months ago I was in touch with Rick from GM EFI for a possible feature article of the bird. After some scheduling issues, we were able to secure a date for the photoshoot (I did try to pitch your skills Alex). The article has been posted on their site and through social media
I'm pretty pleased with how it came out and will be getting the other pics from the photographer.

http://www.gm-efi.com/features/featu...ms-are-forever

sweetbmxrider 01-06-2016 06:40 AM

Nice man! Loved it!

MDSheds_SS 01-06-2016 07:03 AM

Def nice build man. Looks mean with those RT-S wheels and the top down. Nice write up too.

Jersey Mike 01-06-2016 07:17 AM

Quote:

Brian’s wife ... suggested that ... he should start a side business to fund his project.

Having created his own bi-xenon projector beam headlights for his car a few years earlier, Brian decided he would not only put these on the market as a kit for the ’93-97 Firebird, but he would also make a version for the ’98-02 cars as well, being as how they were immensely popular at the time. Thus, Blackbird Lighting Solutions was born and have since sold hundreds of kits to 4th-gen Firebird owners all over North America.

Knowing how much of a job lie ahead of him, Brian enlisted the help of three local New Jersey F-body owners to help with the build, starting form the ground up and progressing from there.
As DeLuca tells us, the sight of seeing his car torn apart in a million pieces was both exciting and overwhelming at the same time, knowing the end result would be more than worth it.
Shout out to the Behind The Scenes stars, Gina & Pal Performance LLC. You guys rock. And huge props to Brian for being both hungry & intelligent enough to create a successful side business to fund his expensive tastes!

Thanks for posting the link, BLS. Not a bad read to go along with the morning coffee! :clap:

Blackbirdws6 01-06-2016 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider (Post 923485)
Nice man! Loved it!

Thanks Pal!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDSheds_SS (Post 923487)
Def nice build man. Looks mean with those RT-S wheels and the top down. Nice write up too.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike (Post 923488)
Shout out to the Behind The Scenes stars, Gina & Pal Performance LLC. You guys rock. And huge props to Brian for being both hungry & intelligent enough to create a successful side business to fund his expensive tastes!

Thanks for posting the link, BLS. Not a bad read to go along with the morning coffee! :clap:

As you would likely assume, I provided the ENTIRE story of the car but like most writers, liberties were taken with the material. I phrased details quite a bit differently with respect to the friends and family that have helped along the way. I was a bit surprised the whole build/rebuild stuff was left out.

It is still fun to see it publicized likely one last time. Thanks for sacrificing your car to the mad scientist 6 years ago.

WildBillyT 01-06-2016 09:04 AM

Looks awesome Brian, congrats!

NJ Torque 01-06-2016 11:12 AM

nice!

Grifter 02-11-2016 05:53 AM

And to think those pictures don't do that car justice!

ThoR294 02-11-2016 06:30 AM

I am forever grateful for BLS, for showing me the true meaning of HIDs :nick: Nice article man congrats!

Blackbirdws6 02-11-2016 06:30 AM

Thanks guys!

TaKid455 02-11-2016 07:22 AM

Good work and innovation needs to be appreciated. Regarding the article editing, did they (Rick) have any back and forth proofing with you prior to publishing? Did a small blurb for PHR years back and the published portion was a rather brief of the whole writing. Congrats on the print!

edpontiac91 02-11-2016 11:44 AM

Very NIZZZE article. I don't understand 90% of the tech stuff you did, but the 1/4 mile times say the rest.

If your interested in really showing off the article, I had a company called IN THE NEWS that put my HPP article on two plaques that showed all 6 pages. There phone number is 813-882-8886.

Blackbirdws6 02-11-2016 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaKid455 (Post 924283)
Good work and innovation needs to be appreciated. Regarding the article editing, did they (Rick) have any back and forth proofing with you prior to publishing? Did a small blurb for PHR years back and the published portion was a rather brief of the whole writing. Congrats on the print!

Thanks! Rick did parce a few pieces of my write-up and some items didn't make it in. I literally gave him the entire story, good and the bad, which he chose to keep this focused on the "wins". Overall I'm pleased with the article and he did a better job acknowledging that this wouldn't have been possible without great friends and family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by edpontiac91 (Post 924286)
Very NIZZZE article. I don't understand 90% of the tech stuff you did, but the 1/4 mile times say the rest.

If your interested in really showing off the article, I had a company called IN THE NEWS that put my HPP article on two plaques that showed all 6 pages. There phone number is 813-882-8886.

Thanks Ed. I'm aware of the company and they did a nice job with the previous GMHTP article from years back. The plaque was pricey but I'm happy I had them make it.

6spdg37s 02-11-2016 05:46 PM

really cool article/photo shoot maybe someday one of my cars will end up in a magazine :(

IROCZman15 02-12-2016 06:09 PM

very very cool

jeff wilson 02-19-2016 01:23 PM

Excellent, I love that stuff! Dam I miss magazines.

jeff wilson 02-20-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grifter (Post 924275)
And to think those pictures don't do that car justice!

That's a fact, beautiful car