NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Racer's Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   2nd Annual Race Wars - Critiques (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62030)

Blackbirdws6 12-05-2012 11:00 AM

2nd Annual Race Wars - Critiques

Hey everyone. Just wanted to thank all who participated in the 2nd annual race wars. I had a great time and think many of you did as well. I think this is something we should put on the calendar each year and I don't mind organizing it. I think overall everything went pretty smoothly but like anything else, there is always room for improvement (aside my the track times).

Does anyone have any comments or critiques that they would want to see improved for next year? Anything we may want added? (Within reason). Below are some of my suggestions.

Coordination of camera equipment.
Many ran new bests this year however not all of it got captured like they wanted. Those who were taking pics did a great job so this is certainly not to put anyone down. We can either have those who have the equipment offer to help with this or we can get a bit more serious and potentially hire someone local for a few bucks.

Food
Big thanks to Adam for bringing the bulk of the food and for those that brought other items to make that all happen. I think this worked out pretty well but I'm open to other suggestions to keep this easy, affordable and delicious.

That's all I have for now.

Mike 12-05-2012 11:05 AM

Regardless of having a car for the next one I'll be there. And if no car I'll spend the day with camera equipment and bring a grill again

sweetbmxrider 12-05-2012 11:46 AM

Needs moar pah!

LTb1ow 12-05-2012 01:47 PM

Dunno how plausible but a single feed from the day would be cool, if edited after the day. At least then every car's pass would be captured to some extent.

Some training on camera use would be nice, rather than heres a camera, don't take bad pics. :lol:

Oh, and for the past two times, Atco has not had a running lane till mid morning... price negotiator? I mean, why not lower price a little and call it an actual realistic time?
Otherwise, hopefully next year I will have a running car to race, and will just want some burgers.

Blackbirdws6 12-05-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTb1ow (Post 861694)
Dunno how plausible but a single feed from the day would be cool, if edited after the day. At least then every car's pass would be captured to some extent.

Some training on camera use would be nice, rather than heres a camera, don't take bad pics. :lol:

Oh, and for the past two times, Atco has not had a running lane till mid morning... price negotiator? I mean, why not lower price a little and call it an actual realistic time?
Otherwise, hopefully next year I will have a running car to race, and will just want some burgers.

Good points. The one lane not being available until noon did bother me as well so I will make sure that this doesn't happen for next year, weather permitting. The 1st year was just poor weather that couldn't be helped. They had to dry the track. This year, the lanes should have been cleaned from yesterday's rubber well before our arrival. We did get some $$ off the rental fee but I will be sure to bring this up for next year before we arrive.

Jersey_TA 12-05-2012 04:36 PM

I thought it was a great time. Only thing I would have changed really was me not running the vette lol. I did have fun taking pics though :) I'm hoping to have a decent video camera for the next one, but we'll see.

98tadriver 12-07-2012 11:14 AM

2 lanes= regular price. 1 lane = half price? :)

02SOMWS6 12-29-2012 10:32 PM

Not sure if the temp was the big factor but the week before my car was hooking like glue and I never got that same hook up that day but it was colder so I had to launch lower and delay my nos more to get the car to do anything. Wish I could have left harder and shortened the delay more. But for not touching my car since 2008 and it being my second outing with the car since 2008 I can't complain too much. I had a great time and would do it again.

98tadriver 01-02-2013 01:51 PM

I think If everyone got in line and made a few passes, it would've helped the faster guys. There was definately no heat in the track lol. Even my bolt on car (which hooks 99% of the time) was spinning

KirkEvil 01-02-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98tadriver (Post 865313)
I think If everyone got in line and made a few passes, it would've helped the faster guys. There was definately no heat in the track lol. Even my bolt on car (which hooks 99% of the time) was spinning

I made the first pass of the day and that was the only time I spun. You might need some more weight in the rear :wink:

BarneyMobile 01-02-2013 08:04 PM

My car hooked:lol:

98tadriver 01-03-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkEvil (Post 865351)
I made the first pass of the day and that was the only time I spun. You might need some more weight in the rear :wink:

Don't need no stinkin weight! :lol: Need weight removed 8-)