NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Winter mods? (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54647)

Pampered-Z 01-21-2011 07:54 AM

Winter mods?

So what's everyone doing to their cars over the winter?

My car hasn't left the garage since the Nats. I've been working 7 days a week so I've had little time to determine and fix the issue with it having a miss under load. I did manage to checked the connection, test injectors, changed plugs adjust valves, still N/G. So I bought wires, if that doesn't help, I'm thinking opti.

My winter mods are more cosmetic stuff:

I have a set of LEDs (red/green) that tie into the electric water pump so I'll know if it's running or not.

New slotted + drilled rotors and pads. Part of that install will be polishing the calipers.

Having the headliner redone so there are no holes where the stock seat belts mounted.

Likewise, filling in the holes in the side panels where the rear seat belts were. CBRMike found me the plastic over the summer for this and I bought the paint and sandless primer from Eastwood that almost a prefect match for the 93s interior. Having a cage in the car makes this allot more of a project.

Below are plans that I don't have the parts for yet.

If I get the above done before racing starts I want to work on relocating/hiding the wiring harness and fusebox that is currently under the hood to under the dash and relocation the battery to the truck and installing the alk injection where the battery now sits.

I'd like to remove the ABS to make room for a cleaner setup of the supercharger piping.

I have lots of plans and parts, just no time!

BonzoHansen 01-21-2011 08:01 AM

I had a plan...but my back decided it wanted the winter off, so it is delayed. But I have to call joshie-poo soon.

Blacdout96 01-21-2011 08:08 AM

I was going to do a manual trans conversion in my car, but I put that on hold since it's beendtoo damn cold outside to do anything, and that car funds are low do to bills.

my other project, which seems to be more successful, is my brake upgrade. Only been working on this for 3 years now. I need to get brake lines, and i'm ready to install.

WildBillyT 01-21-2011 09:23 AM

1.) Fix the timing cover oil leak
2.) Fix the high beams
3.) Put a crossover pipe on the exhaust

Frosty 01-21-2011 09:39 AM

Nothing. Tires right before spring and anything the car needs. Other than that just drive it until the 148K mile engine decides it wants to go to engine heaven lol

LTb1ow 01-21-2011 10:10 AM

I need to wash the dust off my car and figure out what I am doing with the interior at some point.

Frosty 01-21-2011 10:12 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot about my interior, gotta do the headliner and sail panel covers.

sweetbmxrider 01-21-2011 10:13 AM

I have a **** ton of parts overtaking my life. I want to put them on the car sometime this year. I also have a block sitting at the machine shop. Its sturdy like that.

LTb1ow 01-21-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider (Post 747602)
I have a **** ton of parts overtaking my life. I want to put them on the car sometime this year. I also have a block sitting at the machine shop. Its sturdy like that.

Maybe if you show up and put it on an engine stand, they may look at it or something? :rofl:

mc73nova 01-21-2011 10:23 AM

Jesel shaft rockers, new intake and new carb. I would like to get a throttle stop and delay box and hook up my trans brake but I don't think that will happen before spring.

sweetbmxrider 01-21-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTs1ow (Post 747604)
Maybe if you show up and put it on an engine stand, they may look at it or something? :rofl:

Maybe you should smash it or something?

V 01-21-2011 11:24 AM

Consolidate my fleet to just one, maybe two, locations.

//<86TA>\\ 01-21-2011 02:14 PM

decoupled toque arm and rear discs for my 92, maybe sfc's, k-member mods, and front suspension, if i have the time.

fix the pinion support seal on the 86, and a heat shield for the muffler/fuel tank, if i have time.

havent done much in a month or so, its been too cold, and i've been swamped at work

maroman88 01-21-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V (Post 747620)
Consolidate my fleet to just one, maybe two, locations.

lol my heart sank for a second trying to imagine this... then i saw the word 'locations'

anywayyyyy

vette- i just installed my battery/fuse block cover
im waiting for warm weather to fix the slight accident damage, parts are here but its too cold, then i have all new c6 zo6 shocks and c6 z51 sway bars to install, need to fix an o2 sensor, and just some general cleaning, thats all i can think of right now

camaro- bring it to my trans place and have the massive leak fixed (i guess some seal dried out from only being used twice over the last year), fix a headlight issue, and mmmaaaayyyybbbeeeee a new engine... oh and that stubborn passenger side LCA that i cant get out for the life of me!

blazer- keep up on its maintainance.. its at the age where small stuff likes to break!

ar0ck 01-21-2011 02:39 PM

Dust mod.

BonzoHansen 01-21-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by //<86TA>\\ (Post 747633)
decoupled toque arm and rear discs for my 92, maybe sfc's, k-member mods, and front suspension, if i have the time.

fix the pinion support seal on the 86, and a heat shield for the muffler/fuel tank, if i have time.

havent done much in a month or so, its been too cold, and i've been swamped at work

that v6 is really gonna hook now. :lol: You need that aluminum thing in my garage.

I need to put a front pump seal in my K1500. a lot of freaking work for a $4 seal.

//<86TA>\\ 01-21-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen (Post 747640)
that v6 is really gonna hook now. :lol: You need that aluminum thing in my garage.

yes it will, and yes i do, but im not ready for an engine yet, and not totally sure on what im using yet.

Whiplash Performance 01-21-2011 03:19 PM

Well the original plan was to get the GN into the 11s for spring.

Well I bought a Formula so that changed the plans, so the plans now are all on the Formula.

88WS-6 01-21-2011 04:36 PM

I plan on doing a full engine/trans/rear tune-up and then putting on a full exhaust. Hooker 2055 shorties into a magnaflow catback.

~Matt

JL8Jeff 01-21-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen (Post 747578)
I had a plan...but my back decided it wanted the winter off, so it is delayed.

Welcome to my world! :lol: You are officially old now! My back is actually doing better this winter, I guess that late season golf paid off! I was thinking about adding NOS to the snowblower but I may need to upgrade it to a 12 bolt first. :rofl:

BonzoHansen 01-21-2011 05:47 PM

Josh has a nitrous setup for a briggs. We were talking about hopping golf carts lol.

r0nin89 01-21-2011 09:08 PM

O my evil never ending lists....

87 k10 trail truck:
-Square tube rockers
-Dual Tri 4 link rear
-New 14 bolt Full floater
-Redo my tube bed
-Rock sliders
-Clean frame rust and paint it

86 Olds 442:
-Finish fixing my floor
-POR15 the floor
-Finish fixing the body rot, do that body work
-Pull doors off one at a time and make them have corners again
-Put in new carpet
-Put in new sunroof
-Put in new buckets
-Install new rear speakers
-Build my 383 vortec
-Pull the 307
-Install 383
-Actually drive it

1999 Stratus:
-New tires
-Motor/trans mounts
-Timing belt :evil:

This thread just depressed me...

Kat 01-22-2011 09:02 AM

Main thing.. Pay off implant loan................ for dental implants :D lol

Vert - Look at it. No garage + too damn cold = no work on it. Tho I need to get a new top and weather stripping for it.

GTO - Same as above. Oh might gather parts to redo the rear suspension on it and finish the coil over kit on the front of it.

Frosty 01-22-2011 09:05 AM

Kat the 'vert still needs the driver mod doesn't it? :D

Kat 01-22-2011 09:09 AM

:shrug: My bad runs are still faster than you've gone down the track. :D