NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I joined the intex pool craze... (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=69118)

V 07-01-2020 07:08 PM

I joined the intex pool craze...

With 2 young boys, a wife working from home and no time or place to really go this summer, I decided to get one of those blue bubble type temporary pools, also called "storable pools". I guess I was late to the party because all the main retailers were sold out. So I headed to ebay and paid more then its probably worth but here I am, standing outside with the rain starting, watching this blue puddle of supposed fun grow up from the ground. I cant forget the fun included in leveling a spot in my sloped backyard, running electrical for a nearby gfci outlet, and then using harbor freight anti-fatigue mats to make a comfy foundation for this thing. Oh the joys of suburban fatherhood. On top of everything, with a mixup I'd rather not get into, I have a 2nd, identical intex pool arriving tomorrow. So that will be getting resold to some other sucker, uh, I mean good thoughtful parent.

Anti_Rice_Guy 07-01-2020 10:14 PM

Kind of disappointed given your history that it isn't fashioned out of spare car parts.

BonzoHansen 07-01-2020 10:35 PM

I'm just shocked how the intex and such pools this year have like doubled or more in price from previous years.

ThoR294 07-02-2020 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen (Post 955004)
I'm just shocked how the intex and such pools this year have like doubled or more in price from previous years.

how is it shocking? lol everyone was/is stuck at home and wants a pool now, makes sense to me :)

KevinW 07-02-2020 08:54 AM

Having an in-ground pool is no picnic either! A $50K hole in the ground (but I have to have it for resale since almost EVERY HOUSE has one). But the family does enjoy it and we have gotten more use from it this season so far.

V 07-02-2020 11:56 AM

My mother's inground pool is getting a full renovation starting by the end of the month. At least next year well be able to go there.

Based on ebay and Amazon prices, the pool I have is now going for 300-500 bucks. And even then some are a few weeks out for delivery. I'll be selling the extra one for around that if I can get it especially since I can ship right away or have someone pick it up, maybe even before this weekend. I'm gonna advertise it starting tonight.

And maybe tonight I'll hop in my blue bubble and see how I like it.

BonzoHansen 07-02-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThoR294 (Post 955005)
how is it shocking? lol everyone was/is stuck at home and wants a pool now, makes sense to me :)

i think its a matter of the supply got shutoff. We have one of the steel frame ones, usually its around $700 new, and i almost grabbed a new one end of last season for 40% off. Now I wish I had, if you can find it is nearly $2000. And that was in April. Even parts have been scarce.

V 07-03-2020 06:49 PM

Sold my extra pool. 300 cash, just picked up.