NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Camshaft Lamp NJFBOA group buy (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60943)

IROCZman15 12-10-2012 02:12 PM

i got the lamp this past weekend. and i have to say i am very impressed. well built, clean, solid, a nice work of art. i will post some photos of it when i get a chance. awesome product. thanks steve!

IROCZman15 12-12-2012 09:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
here are the photos that i finally got a chance to upload.

nj85z28 12-18-2012 11:28 AM

Thanks! If anyones still interested i have enough parts at this time to assemble 5 more.

Blackbirdws6 12-18-2012 01:45 PM

Sent you a text on the mini lamp Steve. Did you receive it?

nj85z28 12-19-2012 08:24 AM

I have still been having issues with my phone. I didnt get a text that i recall but go ahead and let me know when is good to meet im still working up north near your house. Sorry about that!

Blackbirdws6 12-19-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nj85z28 (Post 864024)
I have still been having issues with my phone. I didnt get a text that i recall but go ahead and let me know when is good to meet im still working up north near your house. Sorry about that!

No worries. I'm around most of the week and after work as well aside from Thursday.

nj85z28 01-19-2013 06:11 PM

Ok guys sorry if youve been awaiting pm replies or anything!! Ive been extremely busy with work thankfully and still havent gotten my macbook fixed! I still have lamps available if anyone is interested, brian i havent forgotten you! Im up your way every day but after work im ready to pass out somewhere! I have surgery scheduled next saturday up in perth amboy so i will probably swing by beforehand

edpontiac91 01-19-2013 07:14 PM

Steve, I was following your lamp builds for some time and watched your business and quality improve over time. The Mini lamp was going to be my suggestion for the 4 cylinder people (Honda-Toyota etc.) so that might also be a better choice for a kids room, less likely to fall over and hurt something.
My next suggestion is to get a Patent for these. It may seem silly, but if you ever watched the TV show Shark Tank, many a small business started with an idea. If somebody with more help and a larger shop, could turn these out faster and cheaper, you might not have enough friends to keep this business afloat. Good luck with this and I hope it expands into a business that maybe will be your dream job.:nod:

nj85z28 01-20-2013 12:09 PM

Thanks!! Even my most recent ones are drastically more time and cost efficient for me to build, while looking even better at the same time. One example is im using aluminum plates for the top instead of steel, and polishing them to match the cams shine, with two small bolts. Originally i had two large bolts, then later three small bolts with a black steel plate. The aluminum looks better and is easier to make and shape, with less drilling and tapping while achieving a more professional look. Ill post photos shortly for comparison

IROCZman15 01-20-2013 07:45 PM

are you still making the MINI ones? like from 4 cyl camshafts. the desktop ones? i like my lamp so much i might want to get a smaller version for a desk i will have in the basement soon enough. whats the cost on one of those>?

Mike 01-20-2013 08:05 PM

Has anyone seen a cam from a four cylinder? They aren't much shorter to keep calling them mini lamps.

The mini lamp is a cam cut in half

Jersey Mike 01-21-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 868263)
The mini lamp is a cam cut in half

This.

*edit*
And it is awesome.

Blackbirdws6 01-21-2013 07:10 AM

Keep in touch Steve.

IROCZman15 01-22-2013 02:45 PM

my bad. i assumed he was using a cam from a v4 or motorcycle v4 type engine. gothca im an idiot

V 01-22-2013 08:21 PM

Any chance getting one of a Lambo v12 cam?
I will be looking for a cam myself too. lol

sweetbmxrider 01-22-2013 09:34 PM

That might be pretty sweet.....

V 01-23-2013 07:02 AM

wait... do the lambos even have cams? lol i know the v12 jags did.

nj85z28 03-30-2013 04:49 PM

Hey guys sorry I havent been on much lately, things were very hectic. Anyways,

I have 2 (two) large LS cam lamps ready to go out my door immediately. I built them (black on black with sprockets) and the guy backed out. Not anyone from this club though dont worry :)

Anyway I have TWO ready to go, and since its EASTER I want to put a special price on them of $100 each plus shipping (if it needs to be shipped)

and of course if anybody else wants one who missed them the first time around and gets me paypaled with a deposit before monday i will honor this low price

then monday i start on the OFFICIAL second round of lamps. I have a box of cams ready to turn into something awesome now that I have the time again. also i have some new ideas and plans so maybe if you bought one the first time around you may see something new you love anyways. So please keep checking this thread. Thanks everybody and happy easter!

sweetbmxrider 03-30-2013 06:15 PM

Good to see you back around, Steve! Hope those lamps sell! I love mine, use it everyday.

WSex 03-31-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V (Post 868620)
wait... do the lambos even have cams? lol i know the v12 jags did.

i think solenoid actuators open valves