NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Hidden front plate (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68482)

Anti_Rice_Guy 06-22-2018 08:28 AM

Hidden front plate

What bracket are y'all using for the hidden plate?

Looking at this: https://www.amazon.com/Show-Go-Licen.../dp/B001E4E0ZW

LS1ow 06-22-2018 08:52 AM

Your a responsible adult, just run no front plate. Youll be fine.

LTb1ow 06-22-2018 09:03 AM

Mine is hidden in the garage some where.

F the state of NJ and its law on that BS

sweetbmxrider 06-22-2018 10:13 AM

Mine is under the seat of my jeep. I had the show and go on my camaro. Its alright but it got a little beat up from driveways etc. Still functioned, just the channels it slides on were custom smashed.

Blackbirdws6 06-22-2018 10:51 AM

Mine is hidden in my garage. "Front end just got painted and waiting on the bracket to come back into stock....officer"

MyFirstZ 06-22-2018 12:16 PM

Just got pulled over in NY for this and an inadequate muffler for the first time of owning this car in 9 years.

i've been thinking of something similar to that or just get suction cups so i can pop it on and off my front windshield when i cross into NJ since that is generally where i drive.

The other option was trimming my front grill to fit one of the shuttered doors for the plate.

Jersey Mike 06-22-2018 02:55 PM

It's a $65 equipment ticket. Being that this is your seasonal toy, I suggest you just roll the dice.

I believe Josh aka The Flying Dutchman has the Show and Go on his '97.

FlyingDutchman 06-22-2018 03:26 PM

I use the one in the OP. I'm on my second cause I broke the first one tripping over it while washing the car (forgot I had it halfway down to wash bumper). I have no complaints, I'm stock ride height and I've yet to hit it.

unstable bob gable 06-22-2018 03:28 PM

Had one on my Goat and couldn't keep it from flopping forward.

IROCZman15 06-22-2018 05:58 PM

I built a hidden bracket setup many years ago but then it got annoying and I decided to just run no front plate. It’s a $54 equipment fine (no points/non moving violation)

ThoR294 06-22-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 (Post 948151)
Mine is hidden in my garage. "Front end just got painted and waiting on the bracket to come back into stock....officer"

Used this twice and it worked flawlessly. Just make sure your bumper looks new

6spdg37s 06-23-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFirstZ (Post 948154)
Just got pulled over in NY for this and an inadequate muffler for the first time of owning this car in 9 years.

i've been thinking of something similar to that or just get suction cups so i can pop it on and off my front windshield when i cross into NJ since that is generally where i drive.

The other option was trimming my front grill to fit one of the shuttered doors for the plate.

technically if you read the law the front window isnt sufficent so if the cop that stops u is gonna give u a ticket for no plate to begin with ur gettin a ticket for having it in the window... if the cop wants to he can give u obstruction of view as well... ps I am extremely pro LEO.. most cops could care less... they use it as a means to see what you have in your vehicle aka u have a 95 civic no front plate, fart can, your license plate bulbs are out.... bend over

LS1ow 06-23-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6spdg37s (Post 948176)
technically if you read the law the front window isnt sufficent so if the cop that stops u is gonna give u a ticket for no plate to begin with ur gettin a ticket for having it in the window... if the cop wants to he can give u obstruction of view as well... ps I am extremely pro LEO.. most cops could care less... they use it as a means to see what you have in your vehicle aka u have a 95 civic no front plate, fart can, your license plate bulbs are out.... bend over

Agreed.

Ive also been told avoid putting in anywere in the front its not supposed to be. Like the windshield. Kinda like a outa sight outa mind thing.

Featherburner 06-23-2018 01:25 PM

I run the show n go on my G8. Mine is the motorized version with a remote. I've been using it for about 9 years and haven't had any problems.

MDSheds_SS 06-23-2018 02:24 PM

Mine is right where it’s supposed to be... on the beer fridge.
http://a66.tinypic.com/domiz4.jpg

Frosty 06-23-2018 02:46 PM

Been back in NJ since November, haven't had an issue other than a local cop just teasing me about it at a Wawa after BS'ing with me about the car for a few minutes.

Screw the man and his BS laws.

ThoR294 06-23-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDSheds_SS (Post 948180)
Mine is right where it’s supposed to be... on the beer fridge.

Great idea actually I might do that myself :lol: