NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Appearance (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   10000K HID's (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17547)

Mike Something 05-07-2006 09:50 AM

10000K HID's

I just ordered the conversion kit, was wondering if anyone had done this and if they'd be awesome enough to post up some pics? People blind me all the time w/ their stupid Infinity SUV lights, time for some payback!

GP99GT 05-07-2006 09:59 AM

10,000k is going to stupidly blue, just so you know. the higher the number doesnt = brighter, if you can you should go with 4300ish. "misterjuice" has them on his SRT-4, theyre just about the right color and theyre damn bright, i forget what temperature they are though.

Mike Something 05-07-2006 10:04 AM

Yes I understand. I kinda like the blue lights... I think 12000K it starts gettin purple so I stopped at the 10000K. I've even seen a 30000K Kit. I was just wondering if anyone had pics of them on their car, or if they're so stupidly blue noone even bothered?

V 05-07-2006 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i have 14k, i love them, and they will go in any car i have that can take them. They were in my SS, but since the car wotn be on the road for i while i pulled them out. Once the SS is alive again, they'll go back in. In the past 4 months i had these in my truck, ive been highbeamed once, thats it. The SS and denali both have somewhat of a kind of refractor over the bulb so its not full strength, but the conversion setups dont have that i think.

Mike Something 05-07-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokingSS
i have 14k, i love them, and they will go in any car i have that can take them. They were in my SS, but since the car wotn be on the road for i while i pulled them out. Once the SS is alive again, they'll go back in. In the past 4 months i had these in my truck, ive been highbeamed once, thats it. The SS and denali both have somewhat of a kind of refractor over the bulb so its not full strength, but the conversion setups dont have that i think.

Awesome man!

97slpss 05-14-2006 07:14 PM

i had 8500k for like a day..i ordered a set off this guy from fbody.com..had nothing but problems so i just pulled them out and cut my losses

Mike Something 05-19-2006 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97slpss
i had 8500k for like a day..i ordered a set off this guy from fbody.com..had nothing but problems so i just pulled them out and cut my losses

Ok, what problems man?

97slpss 05-20-2006 04:43 PM

well the ballast blew out..then i bought a new one..and it to blew out..the other haedlight was good tho

Mike Something 05-21-2006 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97slpss
well the ballast blew out..then i bought a new one..and it to blew out..the other haedlight was good tho

Just installed my kit yesterday and I love it man...shoulda done it sooner! How long did it take before your ballast blew out? Did you have igniters inside the ballasts or were they seperate? Was it waterproof? What was the brand? Did you upgrade your fuse to a 20a?

V 05-21-2006 02:07 PM

just for reference, ive had my HIDs in my ss for about 3 years and in my denali for about 3 months now. About about halfway when i had them in my SS, my one bulb would flicker. i tried another ballast i had and it was just the bulb, so i bought the 14k bulbs i have now. I am not concerned with my ballasts. I am not running aftermarket ballasts though, i originally had the full setup from a 2001 benz s600,.. bulbs, ballast, ignitor. thats the bulb that went bad., but those ballasts are still working great. I have an audi ballast and buld for my Ninja that i need to find time to install.
And with HIDs technically the bulbs should never burn out becaus eits not buring a filimant, just a gas gets "excited" and lights up. Bulbs go bad from impact, oil residue, touching etc. My original bulbs were from a bodyshop and the benz headlight took a hit which most likely caused that bulb to later fail.

Mike Something 05-24-2006 02:51 PM

Yea, I installed mine, and I put the ballasts right on top of the brackets off the side of the headlight lenses...It looks good, like they were meant to be there! I just wish I had done this sooner, I also got the ballasts w/ the igniters built in. Heard they have less trouble than the ones w/ seperate igniters.

crazyl 05-26-2006 09:08 AM

i got them on my t/a

im running 4300 60/55 works pretty well to me. check out the thread with them in it....http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17962

V 05-26-2006 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyl
im running 4300 60/55 works pretty well to me. check out the thread with them in it....http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17962

are those true HIDs? i havent really looked into aftermarket kits, but i didnt think HIDs come in high/low beam versions.

Mike Something 05-26-2006 03:34 PM

I have to get another kit for the highbeam bulbs (9005's) & of course the stupid dull foglights...gonna cost enough I'm sure!

ryanfx 06-14-2006 12:47 AM

If you decide to go with 10000K just know that you're going to get pulled over a lot. Cops love handing out tickets for those around here saying they're too close to emergency vehicle lights... just FYI.

SamhainZ28 06-14-2006 01:05 AM

where did you get the conversion kit? i wanna see if i can fab up something for my 3rd gen

Mike Something 06-18-2006 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanfx
If you decide to go with 10000K just know that you're going to get pulled over a lot. Cops love handing out tickets for those around here saying they're too close to emergency vehicle lights... just FYI.

I've been behind cops w/ em on, I've past by em sitting...NOTHING (knock on wood!)... I like em alot instead of the EuroDesigns bulbs I used to put in...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamhainRS27
where did you get the conversion kit? i wanna see if i can fab up something for my 3rd gen

eBay man...