NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Cruisers' Corner / Other Events (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Island Dragway is in legal trouble. (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=69154)

The_Bishop 09-22-2020 04:07 PM

Island Dragway is in legal trouble.

Snip from the page:

"This Go Fund Me has been set up to help defray the legal costs incurred by Island Dragway related to the recent State of New Jersey issued Executive Order (EO) violation to the track. As one of the few remaining dragstrips in the Northeast and one of only two in the state of New Jersey, Island Dragway has been hit hard since March due to the state-imposed shutdown and restrictions related to COVID-19."

Island Dragway Legal Fund

PolarBear 09-22-2020 05:09 PM

There is a simple fix, but it is undone by all the "blue line supporters" in the state.

LTb1ow 09-22-2020 05:57 PM

Oh we getting spicy :lol::lol::lol:

ThoR294 09-22-2020 07:29 PM

So how did they get in trouble? ****ing king murphy

IROCZman15 09-22-2020 07:31 PM

I definitely want to see Island Dragway survive and thrive for a long time. It is my local track and I hope to race there for many years to come. i am not good at racing, but I sure enjoy it

Please try to keep it alive and help them out. I know I have spent quite a good amount of money there in entry-fees this year alone but if I can help them out, I will. edit: I donated

-It would be nice if we had more support/participation from this board, but it is what it is.

ThoR294 09-22-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROCZman15 (Post 955418)
-It would be nice if we had more support/participation from this board, but it is what it is.

we should get our banner in the pits again that was cool

grazi 09-22-2020 08:55 PM

I’m curious how big of a Fine they’re Imposing.

thehazguy 09-22-2020 10:00 PM

Donated. Was there on Sunday and had a blast. Not sure how they counted a 1,000 people. Seemed less then that and everywhere I went folks were spaced out, The car show may have been crowded though.

Race there often and want it to survive.

IROCZman15 09-22-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThoR294 (Post 955419)
we should get our banner in the pits again that was cool

The banner is still there. Its big and yellow with black NJFBOA text on it. It can probably be seen in the background of some of my videos/photos, but it is definitely there.

I spoke to a friend who drag races often and apparently the date that the "violation" happened was last weekend during the nostalgia Old Dayz Drags w/ Funny Cars, and not the test and tune last Friday that I was at. However, all of the photos in the NJ.com article are actually from Friday night's test and tune which had me confused. I remember a guy taking photos (not the usual track photographer) and I remember seeing most of the cars in the photos attached to the nj.com article. There were a LOT of cars there on Friday night. At one point I thought there was some type of rice-burner parade coming through. They were parkign 3 deep in the pits, with neon underglow lights, music blasting, and a whole party atmosphere. But it wasn't 1,000 people.
Also the date of the article and the way it was written, made it seem like the "violation" had just happened and was not a week old.

here is the article:
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...tate-says.html

Anti_Rice_Guy 09-23-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThoR294 (Post 955417)
So how did they get in trouble? ****ing king murphy

Someone reported the "traffic and large crowds" since it was backed up to Rt 46 as it tends to on a busy day, since trucks with trailers quickly fill up island road, even if it's 1 person per vehicle.

BonzoHansen 09-23-2020 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy (Post 955423)
Someone reported the "traffic and large crowds" since it was backed up to Rt 46 as it tends to on a busy day, since trucks with trailers quickly fill up island road, even if it's 1 person per vehicle.

probably because they were doing the covid stuff at the gate

the beach was jammed all year. this is some hypocritical BS

V 09-23-2020 04:36 PM

Being that the gofund me page was only for $2,500.. I feel that was probably the amount of the fine. In about one day, the fundraising site raised more than double that, and is now at almost $7,000. They stated any additional money raised would be used exclusively for any legal fees or such needed now or in the future.

ThoR294 09-23-2020 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen (Post 955424)
the beach was jammed all year. this is some hypocritical BS

yep insane. all hail Mein Fuhrer Murphy

WayFast84 09-24-2020 07:11 AM

I'm writing news12.

LS1ow 09-24-2020 07:29 AM

Should take the extra $ and make the shutdown longer.

IROCZman15 09-24-2020 09:28 AM

sections of the driveway into the track could use some leveling too, but mostly they have been having some issues with the timing system, scoreboards, and time-slip printouts from some of my recent trips there.

If I won the mega-millions lottery, I would give a sufficient donation to that track to keep it alive and bring about some good updates to the facility. You can quote my words on that and hold me to it! We could get Don Garlits to come back and run 200mph again.

V 09-24-2020 02:08 PM

I do believe melissa recently went down to e-town to borrow some equipment thing, possibly to try to troubleshoot whatever issues you speak of.

Dave, have you ever met melissa? She used to be very active on the forums and local gatherings many years ago.

IROCZman15 09-24-2020 06:52 PM

Yup. I have met her years ago at one of the club events and I remember her being active on here too. I think her username was 79Camaro Diva. I have seen her at the front gate and in the staging area recently, as well as working the tower. I usually try to say hi, but since I'm not an avid weekly racer I try not to bother her or anyone at the track.