NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Tech (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   BCM? (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46734)

joewspot 09-08-2009 10:48 AM

BCM?

please help i have a 2000 formula trans am and the radio and windows keep cutting out and coming back on. looking at another site i saw others with that problem said they replaced the BCM, is this accurate??? i checked all the grounds i could find and they are fine. replaced the fuses to no avail. has anyone else had this problem??? im about ready to junk the car.:banghead:

sweetbmxrider 09-08-2009 11:02 AM

sounds like a bcm issue. any way to get a scanner on it and try communicating with the module?

SamhainZ28 09-08-2009 01:34 PM

def. the symptoms of a bad bcm. I just replaced one on my friends trans am.

BonzoHansen 09-08-2009 01:38 PM

there is a good thread on BCMs at ls1tech. I'll find it later.

joewspot 09-08-2009 01:56 PM

thanks, i found the bcm under my glove box but cant get it to drop out, are there clips on it. also, where did you get your bcm's at?? dealer, ebay???

camaro2you 09-08-2009 01:58 PM

Don't know if they are year specific but I have one from a 01ss.

sweetbmxrider 09-08-2009 06:32 PM

dealer would be the way i would go. not sure if they need to be programed or come good to go. probably pretty pricey too.

deadtrend1 09-08-2009 07:50 PM

I need one for my truck. I really hope I don't have to go through the dealer.

BarneyMobile 09-08-2009 08:42 PM

My SS use to do the same thing with the windows and the radio. The BCM will fix that issue as it did mine. The funny thing about it is, with a scanner, you'll still be able to communicate with the bcm. For some reason only the window/radio portion of the bcm seems to act up alot on these cars. You do have to program the new bcm to your setting. You can find out how to program is with the owner's manual, no tools needed (maybe a pair of needle nose to pull out a fuse lol)

Saitin 09-08-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joewspot (Post 633589)
please help i have a 2000 formula trans am and the radio and windows keep cutting out and coming back on. looking at another site i saw others with that problem said they replaced the BCM, is this accurate??? i checked all the grounds i could find and they are fine. replaced the fuses to no avail. has anyone else had this problem??? im about ready to junk the car.:banghead:

Hey man glad to see you joined the site (we met at sears).
I see you found the problem as I said a little :google: goes a long ways, I didn't even think of the Bcm when we had our chat.
They cost something like 175-250.00 to get from a dealer I believe they are the same for all 98-02 years and models with the keyless entry.
DId you find any info one that SeS code? I can't recall what it was if you wanna post it maybe some one on here can give you some info.
If you need a hand drop me a pm.