NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Appearance (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Paint shops (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63335)

fbirdfreak 05-31-2013 01:20 PM

Paint shops

Hey, does anyone know a reputable paint shop in our area? I'm in central jersey, New brunswick area, but don't mind if it's a bit of a drive. I want to get the whole car repainted, and I want it done right, not a ****** maaco job, unless someone knows a reputable maaco...

I have a superhawk hood from roger, unpainted, and since I need to paint the front end for the hood I figure I'll do the whole car, I just want to know the right place to take it.

WildBillyT 05-31-2013 02:05 PM

RPM Resto is our sponsor who does fantastic work, but I'm pretty sure he's booked up. You can try Summit Rod and Custom in Morristown. Mention you're from here and they might cut you a break.

66_customs 06-03-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbirdfreak (Post 881779)
Hey, does anyone know a reputable paint shop in our area? I'm in central jersey, New brunswick area, but don't mind if it's a bit of a drive. I want to get the whole car repainted, and I want it done right, not a ****** maaco job, unless someone knows a reputable maaco...

I have a superhawk hood from roger, unpainted, and since I need to paint the front end for the hood I figure I'll do the whole car, I just want to know the right place to take it.

Summit Rods and Customs in morristown unfortunately closed down, but I work hand in hand with the main autobody tech and painter. If you want we can give you a good price and actually do the right job in a full repaint. Alot of the cars done are featured in magazines and are very popular in the car shows around the area. Send me a pm if your interested.

WildBillyT 06-03-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66_customs (Post 881993)
Summit Rods and Customs in morristown unfortunately closed down, but I work hand in hand with the main autobody tech and painter. If you want we can give you a good price and actually do the right job in a full repaint. Alot of the cars done are featured in magazines and are very popular in the car shows around the area. Send me a pm if your interested.

Really? Damn! Seemed like a nice bunch of guys.

Jersey Mike 06-03-2013 07:00 PM

So RPM is all booked up and Summit has closed shop now?

Alex,
If memory serves me right, you do the metal/body work & he does the spraying, right? In Morris County, I believe?

HardcoreZ28 06-03-2013 08:49 PM

Yeah sorry man I'm booked until almost next spring at this point.

ThoR294 06-07-2013 09:35 AM

Rob's Autobody in Bristol, PA did my car a few years ago and did an AMAZING job.

My buddy is about to paint my car and fix the damage from Sandy, so once his shop does the job... I will throw his name in here :)

66_customs 07-03-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike (Post 882018)
So RPM is all booked up and Summit has closed shop now?

Alex,
If memory serves me right, you do the metal/body work & he does the spraying, right? In Morris County, I believe?

Sorry just saw this post, yea mainly of 40s and 50s customs, but we do muscle cars and race cars too. We have two small locations right now, one in passic county and one in bergen looking for a bigger shop.