NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   NJFBOA Events (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   September 2016 Meet - Sat 9/10 Chatterbox Inn, Augusta, NJ (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67133)

BonzoHansen 08-23-2016 07:32 AM

September 2016 Meet - Sat 9/10 Chatterbox Inn, Augusta, NJ

The Chatterbox has one of the best cruise nights in the northeast. We meet earlier in the day, so hang out and watch the cars pour in. Milkshakes!

When: Saturday 9/10 (rain date Sat 9/17)
Time: Get there by 3:30pm to get a spot

Where: Chatterbox Drive In
1 State Highway 15
Augusta, NJ 07822
Tel: 973-300-2300
Map

The manager will tell us where to park. Details will be provided closer to the meet date. We will likely be parked in the grass where they park the 'late models' for cruise night

For anyone that posts up saying 'maybe', please try to update your status a few days before the meet if possible.

You in?
  • Scott - BonzoHansen
  • Mike - JerseyMike
  • Brian - Blackbirdws6 +1
  • Dave - IROCZMan17
  • Bob - UBG
  • Hel67
  • Keith - The Bishop
  • Joe - MDShedsSS
  • Chase - The3lite
  • Mike - IROC-MIKE
  • Larry - TaKid455 (Maybe)
  • Nick - Anti_Rice_Guy
  • Dave - IROCZman15
  • zuuhlsT/A
  • The3lite
  • Scott - 2MCHPWR (maybe)

Facebook link -> https://www.facebook.com/events/1115984111817151/

Jersey Mike 08-23-2016 01:57 PM

Me & my hooptie will be there.

Blackbirdws6 08-23-2016 02:41 PM

Never been. In for now +1.

IROCZman15 08-24-2016 08:56 AM

unsure if I will have a functional transmission in the car by then. Unfortunately after limping the car around for the past few months knowing the trans was on its last legs... I did make it down to the club meet this past Saturday... and then decided to drive up north to go to the Chatterbox's Saturday night cruise night.. and the trans finally let go.. probably for good this time. Will be doing some research to figure out the plan of attack, but unsure of my timeline. Count me as a maybe at this point. the same goes for the October Meet (which unfortunately is in the town I grew up in and for the PD I briefly was a dispatcher for).

Jersey Mike 08-24-2016 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROCZman15 (Post 928855)
unsure if I will have a functional transmission in the car by then. Unfortunately after limping the car around for the past few months knowing the trans was on its last legs... I did make it down to the club meet this past Saturday... and then decided to drive up north to go to the Chatterbox's Saturday night cruise night.. and the trans finally let go.. probably for good this time. Will be doing some research to figure out the plan of attack, but unsure of my timeline. Count me as a maybe at this point. the same goes for the October Meet (which unfortunately is in the town I grew up in and for the PD I briefly was a dispatcher for).

You have 17 days. Get to work!

(...or, just ride shotgun with your cousin / bring the DD :lol: )

BonzoHansen 08-24-2016 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROCZman15 (Post 928855)

you can still come!

unstable bob gable 08-24-2016 12:47 PM

Put me n' my Dodge in. This sounds like a cool meet with a nice drive involved.

hel67 08-29-2016 09:22 PM

I'm in.

The_Bishop 08-29-2016 10:04 PM

Holy crap, I'm actually not working for this one! Should be able to make it.

MDSheds_SS 08-30-2016 05:52 AM

The Z is still in overhaul mode, any room for a holden?

Jersey Mike 08-30-2016 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDSheds_SS (Post 929032)

YES. YES. YES. YES. YES! :redblob::leghump::banana::naughty:

NJ Torque 08-30-2016 11:07 AM

D'oh... Another Saturday... I'm out.

Jersey Mike 08-30-2016 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ Torque (Post 929047)

We'll be sure to sprinkle in an occasional Sunday meet for folks like you.

BonzoHansen 08-30-2016 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ Torque (Post 929047)

call out sick lol

unstable bob gable 08-30-2016 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDSheds_SS (Post 929032)

That's a ride I'd like to see in person.

MDSheds_SS 08-30-2016 06:50 PM

If the weather is clear and I can muscle the keys from my Pops I'm in with the Ute.

zuuhlsT/A 08-30-2016 07:32 PM

if I can get the 79 T/A running right I'll show up. She's in primer but I really don't care. Just want to drive her.

The3lite 08-30-2016 08:23 PM

I'll be there with the SS!!! Chatterbox always has a very impressive turnout.

unstable bob gable 08-31-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zuuhlsT/A (Post 929061)
if I can get the 79 T/A running right I'll show up. She's in primer but I really don't care. Just want to drive her.

Driving is what it's all about. I'd rather see a driven project
then hear about what's home in the garage...

IROC-MIKE 08-31-2016 10:30 PM

I'm in. I messaged a few members and suggested meeting up to rally in together so if anyone wants to join me I leave from Wyckoff and take the following route:
Rt 208 North to Rt 287 South to Route 23 North. Route 23 eventually turns into a 2 lane road near Ogdensburg where I make a left at the light at the bottom of 23 onto Munsonhurst Road. From there its a few miles of country roads and a short jump onto Rt 15 that puts you right in front of the Chatterbox and it would make an impressive showing if a dozen or so cars rolled up together.
For those who aren't familiar with this route, it offers a few miles of straight, flat highway sprints and some twisties, sweepers, elevation changes, etc like a giant 30 mile road course. Some of the way is pretty lightly traveled (by North Jersey standards) so there's a good chance we'll have some sections of the trip all to ourselves for a few miles. There's a scenic rest area (just parking) on 23 which is a good place to get a group pic of the cars as well as a midpoint for groups from different directions to meet and do the last leg of the trip together. I'm located right in the middle of the old and current Wyckoff shows and it takes me about 40 minutes or so this way. It's a stress-free ride with little truck traffic, distracted drivers and other things to worry about. If anyone going wants to meet at my house you're ALL welcome to follow me up (or lead if you want). The ultimate goal would be to try to get as many together for the longest amount of trip so if a bunch of you are already going there together please let me know and I'll go out of my way to meet up with you if its practical.

Jersey Mike 09-01-2016 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROC-MIKE (Post 929091)
I'm in. I messaged a few members and suggested meeting up to rally in together so if anyone wants to join me I leave from Wyckoff and take the following route:
Rt 208 North to Rt 287 South to Route 23 North. Route 23 eventually turns into a 2 lane road near Ogdensburg where I make a left at the light at the bottom of 23 onto Munsonhurst Road. From there its a few miles of country roads and a short jump onto Rt 15 that puts you right in front of the Chatterbox and it would make an impressive showing if a dozen or so cars rolled up together.
For those who aren't familiar with this route, it offers a few miles of straight, flat highway sprints and some twisties, sweepers, elevation changes, etc like a giant 30 mile road course. Some of the way is pretty lightly traveled (by North Jersey standards) so there's a good chance we'll have some sections of the trip all to ourselves for a few miles. There's a scenic rest area (just parking) on 23 which is a good place to get a group pic of the cars as well as a midpoint for groups from different directions to meet and do the last leg of the trip together. I'm located right in the middle of the old and current Wyckoff shows and it takes me about 40 minutes or so this way. It's a stress-free ride with little truck traffic, distracted drivers and other things to worry about. If anyone going wants to meet at my house you're ALL welcome to follow me up (or lead if you want). The ultimate goal would be to try to get as many together for the longest amount of trip so if a bunch of you are already going there together please let me know and I'll go out of my way to meet up with you if its practical.

Mike,
You already know I'm in! As you know, I'm right off of Rt 23 and working on getting a few other North Jersey guys involved. We'll square away a rendezvous point some time next week.
In the meantime, I'm loving the increasing head count! :mrgreen:

TaKid455 09-01-2016 09:02 AM

Maybe. Car of choice TBD

MDSheds_SS 09-01-2016 10:17 AM

Can we take the route that leads us threw Mexico so we can stretch out our throttle cables?

Jersey Mike 09-06-2016 01:57 PM

Bump, 4 days out!

Anti_Rice_Guy 09-06-2016 03:39 PM

https://www.facebook.com/events/1115984111817151/

Threw up a Facebook event page, invite your friends.