NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Appearance (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Embroidered Custom Underhood Hood Blanket! (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63082)

edpontiac91 04-13-2013 08:14 PM

Embroidered Custom Underhood Hood Blanket!

2 Attachment(s)
Just installed something i have been looking at since 2004, but something always came up where I didn't have the coin to buy one. It is made by CAR Motorsports. It is a fantastic quality piece because the material that they use for the main black cover fells like carpet and the embroidered Bird and the word Formula are very well done. Yes it is a pricey thing to have, but I have about every bolt-on performance item and this just makes that engine compartment pop when you open it up. It's a show car item and I haven't spent five cents for the last few years and this was a treat for myself.:nod:

Mike 04-13-2013 11:51 PM

Looks nice. How many pheonixes are there now?

greenformula92 04-14-2013 06:45 AM

Ed that thing looks great. How much did it run you if I may ask?

deadtrend1 04-14-2013 12:27 PM

Looks nicely done. Do they not make one with the thirdgen phoenix?

edpontiac91 04-14-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadtrend1 (Post 877638)
Looks nicely done. Do they not make one with the thirdgen phoenix?

No, that is the only style they use for the Firebirds. They also make a WS-6 emblem. There website is www.carmotorsports.com.

HardcoreZ28 04-19-2013 07:40 AM

Looks great Ed. I think it's safe to say your car may be nicer than mine at this point. Mine hasn't gotten any love in at least 2 years now....including any type of good cleaning. Thinking I'm going to drive the wheels off it for a few years and put it back under the resto knife again since I have several more years of knowledge now than I did when I first built the car.

edpontiac91 04-19-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardcoreZ28 (Post 878116)
Looks great Ed. I think it's safe to say your car may be nicer than mine at this point. Mine hasn't gotten any love in at least 2 years now....including any type of good cleaning. Thinking I'm going to drive the wheels off it for a few years and put it back under the resto knife again since I have several more years of knowledge now than I did when I first built the car.

Thanks for the compliment. I got restarted to redo the finish after my last show at ATCO where in the sunlight, it showed a ton of fine swirls. I had been using Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish at the detailing area where I work where I handle Bentley's-MB SLS-Audi and more, and was amazed at the swirl free finish I could get using those products. I actually stated using them on the Bird by hand and went over the area with a high powered LED flashlight to pick up any swirl marks. It made a HUGE difference in the amount of DEPTH and GLOSS that only an anal car owner could appreciate.
The embroidered Bird and Formula hood blanket was something I was wanting since 2004 and finally paid the $360 to have it made.:w00t: