NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   NJFBOA Events (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Rotating Monthly Meets (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7074)

NJSPEEDER 08-22-2004 05:24 PM

Rotating Monthly Meets

hey gang,
a few of us were talking and we need a little feedback on an idea that came up.
since our state is pretty big and we are so spread out we were thinking that we could have each region take a month to plan a meeting spot. it will be a regular rotation, so everyone will know when it is their turn.
we are not looking for anyone to go all out and rent a track for the day, but if you know of a location with polenty of parking, owners who have a sense of humor, and at least 1 reasonable place to eat it will work.
to get started central region will take september, justin(tru2chevy) and i will plan it to sort of get teh ball rolling.
south jersey will get october and north jersey will get november.
because of the time of year we are getting this started we would like everyoen to keep it to places we can hang out. once spring rolls around again we can think about trips to the track for the monthly meets.

what do you guys think?

later
tim

ar0ck 08-22-2004 06:17 PM

Well North Jersey still has the end of the month Meet @ Hooters. We still pulled some decent showings. Which is actually comming up this week.

NJSPEEDER 08-22-2004 06:35 PM

thats cool, when the time comes for north jerseytaht will be a definate possibility. most hooters have big parking lots, management is usually open to anything and the food is reasonable.
only thing is that if your region does decide to make it their official gathering you may wanna warn teh manager about how many people may show up. with the popularity of the site and the club growign so fast we may pack in more people than they are used to seeing.

later
tim

89formula 08-23-2004 06:08 AM

It this the Hooters in Wayne? Never been there, but it's 1-0 minutes away from the office. What't the date and time?

ar0ck 08-23-2004 09:27 AM

We can go to the one in Wayne. We usually go to Paramous, because it was just the way it was. But I think that can change, since it seems more people want to go there.

Tru2Chevy 08-23-2004 09:30 AM

Well I've never been to either one, but I may be game for a drive up there this week.

- Justin

Jersey_TA 08-23-2004 10:47 AM

How about an atco meet around sept 16?

foff667 08-23-2004 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey_TA

awful specific arent we rob? hehe got something important goin on that day down there?

Jersey_TA 08-23-2004 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foff667
Quote:

awful specific arent we rob? hehe got something important goin on that day down there?

No reason :twisted: :burnout: :omg: :hail: :headbang: :banana:

Tru2Chevy 08-23-2004 11:29 AM

Quote:

No reason :twisted: :burnout: :omg: :hail: :headbang: :banana:

Heh....and I thought I had a thing for smilies :shakes head:

- Justin

twiztidz28 09-02-2004 01:18 PM

another pleace we can go in november in north jersey is Herbert biliards in secaucus right off of route 3. there has been some talk about getting together and playing poll in the north forum and that place has plenty of parking and a parking garage, not expensive, plenty of places to eat around (bazzokas(cheap hooters), herbert has food, olive garden, and a couple other places), they serve drinks at herberts. it will start to get cold so we will be inside and this place is nice. they also have arcades and they can accomidate a big party. Or worse comes to worse i could make reservations for 22 people at a fridays and everyone can say its my b-day again :twisted: . but i like the pool idea cause i play pool alot and im always looking to play.

How does that sound.

ar0ck 09-02-2004 01:20 PM

I know where herberts is!

Pool defenitly is a good idea, because it can get everyone to know eachother abit better.

bencar 09-08-2004 09:11 PM

Here's some Central NJ spots we could try as meeting places:

A. Wick Plaza, by Auto Zone. There's already a Thursday night 'Cruise Night' there every week from May to October.

B. The McDonalds in the 'Crossroads' shopping mall on Rt 1, near Rt 287. No 'Cruise Night' there now, but it is easy enough to get to.

C. Dunkin Donuts on Easton Ave in Somerset. There's a small 'Cruise Night' there every Tuesday night from May to September.

jims69camaro 09-08-2004 10:09 PM

to get back to the original post - i think it's an awesome idea.

the logistics can be figured out later, but count me in on making the eastern-central spot.

bencar 09-08-2004 11:12 PM

So, I take that to mean you're receptive to my suggested meeting places then?

jims69camaro 09-10-2004 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bencar

certainly worth checking into. i'm not naive enough to think we're the center of the universe here in ocean county...

NJSPEEDER 09-10-2004 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jims69camaro
Quote:

certainly worth checking into. i'm not naive enough to think we're the center of the universe here in ocean county...

you are near by though, the universe revolves around mercer county :wink:

later
tim

bencar 09-10-2004 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jims69camaro
Quote:

Okay, I'll buy that :D . All kidding aside, I kinda like the idea of spreading the wealth around, so-to-speak. Hope enough people are up for the idea of a meeting in the Central NJ area to make this idea fly

jims69camaro 09-12-2004 04:11 AM

i'm going to make as many as i can. it will be nice to meet some of the guys from other parts of the state, not just the same two faces i always see in TR...

Tru2Chevy 09-22-2004 02:25 PM

I just want to provide some clarification:

Our goal with this was to have members of the site plan a larger than normal monthly meet in different sections of the state. Tim and I have planned the "monthly club meet" in central Jersey for September, and now it's someone else's turn to plan a "monthly club meet" in south Jersey. I think someone is currently working on talking to a few restaurants for the October meet. As soon as something is "settled on", it will be posted for discussion.

We want each section to start planning their own meets, at least 2 to 3 weeks in advance. Please try to make them in an area large enough to accomodate more than just the "regular crowd".

I hope this makes more sence to everyone, if not, please let me know....

- Justin

THECowboy 09-22-2004 07:02 PM

i'd try and plan somethin, but i am on the border of Central and South, so i could if you guys didn't want to go DEEP south new jersey...

I am around Cherry Hill/Moorestown area, i live in MArlton

there is good buffalo wing place in Shamong called Piccalilli's, though i think we'd take up a lot of the parking lot, but they have some of the best wings i have had

oh and if we wanted a meet in PA, Dave and Buster's is the only place to go! pool tables and shuffleboard, bar, huge game room. We can get a section of the pool table room(3 pool tables and like 2-3 shuffleboard tables), just some idea's

let me know how far south you want to go!

ShitOnWheels 09-22-2004 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THECowboy
i'd try and plan somethin, but i am on the border of Central and South, so i could if you guys didn't want to go DEEP south new jersey...

I am around Cherry Hill/Moorestown area, i live in MArlton

there is good buffalo wing place in Shamong called Piccalilli's, though i think we'd take up a lot of the parking lot, but they have some of the best wings i have had

oh and if we wanted a meet in PA, Dave and Buster's is the only place to go! pool tables and shuffleboard, bar, huge game room. We can get a section of the pool table room(3 pool tables and like 2-3 shuffleboard tables), just some idea's

let me know how far south you want to go!

I say South holds it at D&B :) Who cares if it's really PA, it's next to Camden, which is south. :)

THECowboy 09-22-2004 07:39 PM

well, if everyone is in agreement i can call up there Friday and get quotes and stuff and bring it to the meet Saturday?

bencar 09-22-2004 09:00 PM

Here's a thought. There's an Applebees near where I live, and while their 'Parking Lot' isn't that large, the restaurant is in a Mall, and immediately adjacent to the restaurant, is a larger parking area where we could congregate. I figure that we could safely fit between 10-20 cars in the part of the parking lot I'm thinking of. If that sounds good to everyone, I'll look into talking to the restaurant Manager about accommodating a party of 20-40 people. Just keep in mind though that we are talking about a Mall 'parking Lot.'

Oh, and the restaurant is easy to find, it's right on Rt 1 South, not too far from the now defunct Ford plant.

ShitOnWheels 09-23-2004 04:23 AM

Quote:

Here's a thought. There's an Applebees near where I live, and while their 'Parking Lot' isn't that large, the restaurant is in a Mall, and immediately adjacent to the restaurant, is a larger parking area where we could congregate. I figure that we could safely fit between 10-20 cars in the part of the parking lot I'm thinking of. If that sounds good to everyone, I'll look into talking to the restaurant Manager about accommodating a party of 20-40 people. Just keep in mind though that we are talking about a Mall 'parking Lot.'

Oh, and the restaurant is easy to find, it's right on Rt 1 South, not too far from the now defunct Ford plant.

10-20 cars most likely won't be enough room. Look at the central one, there's at least 40 cars, maybe more (depending on who's riding with who and all).

I say D&B. We have a couple ppl who are over 25 so that those of you under 21 can get in...that is of course if they are willing to take responsibility for ya lol :)