NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Multimedia (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   This is why cops shouldnt talk on cell phones either lol (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51718)

1986IROCZ28 06-06-2010 03:29 PM

This is why cops shouldnt talk on cell phones either lol

i was driving in the work truck when i came acrossed this... i had to snap a shot and i must say not bad of a pic for being taken while driving lol. cops need to follow their own rules...
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t.../cellphone.jpg]

maroman88 06-06-2010 04:08 PM

and u know he was on the phone how??

LTb1ow 06-06-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroman88 (Post 708577)
and u know he was on the phone how??

Its obvious really, you are just not smart enough.

BlackTopKing 06-06-2010 06:07 PM

wow...

problem is, the cop is not at fault and the guy most likey will have to use his insurance to pay for the repair...

as for the cop car...Our Taxes just paid to fix that.

1986IROCZ28 06-06-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackTopKing (Post 708600)
wow...

problem is, the cop is not at fault and the guy most likey will have to use his insurance to pay for the repair...

as for the cop car...Our Taxes just paid to fix that.

lol true that

Z28 Heritage 06-06-2010 06:31 PM

Poor P71:cry:

madness410 06-06-2010 06:39 PM

maybe the van stopped short? maybe the cop was responding to a call and misjudged something and hit the van? who knows man you cant prove he was on his phone.

granted i do see a lot of cops on their phones but who knows what happened in this situation just from this picture

miketa95 06-06-2010 06:42 PM

yeah the angle of the van kinda makes it look like the van cut the cop off, but sweet picture anyway that's right by my house.

T69SS 06-06-2010 07:19 PM

I know where thats at. Right on 38

Nice pic

69BirdX 06-07-2010 11:08 AM

cops are exempt from cell phone laws

btownws6 06-07-2010 12:38 PM

wow that sucks for him you know the other guys at the station are gunna be ragging on him for a long time about this one

Featherburner 06-07-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69BirdX (Post 708747)

Shouldn't be though.

thor117 06-07-2010 04:10 PM

cops receive training on driving while communicating. whats the difference between an officer using his radio and his cell phone. or how about a phone and their laptops. they are trained to multi-task and communicate. but everyone also does make mistakes

Blacdout96 06-08-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thor117 (Post 708802)
cops receive training on driving while communicating. whats the difference between an officer using his radio and his cell phone. or how about a phone and their laptops. they are trained to multi-task and communicate. but everyone also does make mistakes

Well maybe people whould be taught to multitask as well in classes. Even though theres a law, people still use their cell phones, so why not assist the inevitable, or at least BMW/Audi drivers should be taught that since I always see a piece of plastic stuck to the side of their face.

And sorry, Police can take courses and be trained, but they arent super human, they are just like all of us, they can still slip up as well, a distractino is a distraction, even when trained, just means it's not as much of one.

WildBillyT 06-08-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacdout96 (Post 708956)
Well maybe people whould be taught to multitask as well in classes. Even though theres a law, people still use their cell phones, so why not assist the inevitable, or at least BMW/Audi drivers should be taught that since I always see a piece of plastic stuck to the side of their face.

And sorry, Police can take courses and be trained, but they arent super human, they are just like all of us, they can still slip up as well, a distractino is a distraction, even when trained, just means it's not as much of one.

I've always thought that the idea of "multitasking" was ********. You can only focus on one thing at once. Your attention can be split but your brain switches back and forth, even if it is very fast.

Mike 06-08-2010 12:31 PM

i dont get how we know the cop is in the wrong from looking at this picture? and its funny you title the thread in a way insinuating people (in this case cops) need to pay more attention while driving, yet you are driving and taking a picture while passing an ACCIDENT SCENE

band77one 06-08-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrrmike (Post 708990)
yet you are driving and taking a picture while passing an ACCIDENT SCENE

pwned

j0n 06-08-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69BirdX (Post 708747)

Incorrect. Cops are permitted to use the cell phone while driving only in the course of their duties(IE contact HQ).

Mike 06-08-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j0n (Post 709030)
Incorrect. Cops are permitted to use the cell phone while driving only in the course of their duties(IE contact HQ).

bingo, to expand upon this, i am allowed to answer my phone while driving, or at any time other than on an airplane, if it is the jail calling me.

technically, i am "required" to do so, not just allowed

MonmouthCtyAntz 06-08-2010 04:56 PM

LOL, saw a similar thing happen in Mt Holly..Mt laurel cops dont have the best rep.

MonmouthCtyAntz 06-08-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrrmike (Post 708990)
i dont get how we know the cop is in the wrong from looking at this picture? and its funny you title the thread in a way insinuating people (in this case cops) need to pay more attention while driving, yet you are driving and taking a picture while passing an ACCIDENT SCENE

Cops in the wrong because he clearly ran into the back of him, and 9 outta 10 times when that happens the person wasn't paying attention.....

maroman88 06-08-2010 05:14 PM

u can see where the curb line is... just under the vans bumper, appears as the P71 is angled towards the driveway, looking as tho he got as close to the curb as possible and the van cut over IFO him

Mike 06-08-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyAntz (Post 709044)
Cops in the wrong because he clearly ran into the back of him, and 9 outta 10 times when that happens the person wasn't paying attention.....

it looks a lot more like left front corner to right rear quarter panel to me... doesnt look like he was just following and not paying attention

greenformula92 06-08-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T69SS (Post 708617)
I know where thats at. Right on 38

Nice pic

me too....i was gonna say that....i work right on fort dix and we take a lot of our vehicle fleet around different shops in the area to be fixxed. I can agree that the cop was probobly on the phone. but do you think he wrote himself out a ticket. and of course the tax payers of mount maurel are going to pay for that one

j0n 06-09-2010 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blk95formula (Post 709079)
me too....i was gonna say that....i work right on fort dix and we take a lot of our vehicle fleet around different shops in the area to be fixxed. I can agree that the cop was probobly on the phone. but do you think he wrote himself out a ticket. and of course the tax payers of mount maurel are going to pay for that one

Where does everyone get the notion that Police Cars don't have insurance? Yes the taxpayers pay for that insurance, but just because one car gets wrecked doesn't change how much more money comes out of the PD's budget. That money is budgeted each fiscal year and if a wreck happens the insurance company pays.