NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   West Central Jersey (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   HI Rib is closed (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55028)

WildBillyT 02-27-2011 05:10 PM

HI Rib is closed

Just drove by. It's closed down. Guess we can cross that off the list.

wretched73 02-27-2011 05:18 PM

Nooooooooooooo

BonzoHansen 02-27-2011 05:24 PM

Noooooooooooo.

I knew it was coming I just wasn't sure exaclty when. Thanks COAH. Sometimes nj really sucks monkey nuts

//<86TA>\\ 02-27-2011 05:43 PM

oh balls! and we havent been there in a while either. No more ribs....

BonzoHansen 02-27-2011 05:52 PM

Have to start hitting the famous daves cruise nights this summer

JL8Jeff 02-27-2011 06:27 PM

COAH isn't the current issue, the township decided not to extend their lease. I think they are looking for another location in the area, I talk to one of the bartenders all the time. They closed at the end of January.

WildBillyT 02-27-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JL8Jeff (Post 752990)
COAH isn't the current issue, the township decided not to extend their lease. I think they are looking for another location in the area, I talk to one of the bartenders all the time. They closed at the end of January.

FWIW, Flemington is getting mauled with businesses closing. Landlords refusing to bend on raising rents to help keep businesses around, etc. It figures the first year I can take my car to cruise night is the same one where 75% of the buildings on main street are empty or closing. And 75% is probably a pretty good estimate.

coolmanvette75 02-27-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen (Post 752963)
Have to start hitting the famous daves cruise nights this summer

i love famous daves and their cruise nights usually have a good turn out

BonzoHansen 02-27-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JL8Jeff (Post 752990)

I'm pretty sure they lost their lease because of coah. they are building 'affordable housing' on the pennytown site. There were articles in the paper on it when it was going down, maybe 2 years ago. At that time they said HI Rib was out when the lease was up. that is why this is not news to me other than timing as I didn't realize their time was up.

edit: http://www.hopewelltwp.org/Marshalls...town_FAQs.html

Kat 02-27-2011 08:42 PM

Nooooooooo that place was awesome!

Tru2Chevy 02-27-2011 08:47 PM

My father-in-law is gonna be upset. He loved sitting on the far side of the bar under the large by huge poster of Marilyn ;)

- Justin

wretched73 02-27-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildBillyT (Post 752995)
FWIW, Flemington is getting mauled with businesses closing. Landlords refusing to bend on raising rents to help keep businesses around, etc. It figures the first year I can take my car to cruise night there is the same one where 75% of the buildings on main street are empty or closing. And 75% is probably a pretty good estimate.

I work in Liberty Village and its extremely empty, even Harry and david just closed shop :(

thehazguy 02-27-2011 10:35 PM

Drove by today as well and was surprised the parking lot was empty. Figured it went out of business since Sunday's the parking lot always had good activity. Went there once and it was good.

WildBillyT 02-28-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wretched73 (Post 753060)
I work in Liberty Village and its extremely empty, even Harry and david just closed shop :(

Off of the top of my head, empty store fronts:

California Grill, Fusion, Mikasa, Louie+Lenny, two banks, Friendly Grounds, The Potting Shed, Choppers, Union Hotel, and Bok Bok fresh. There are more I can't remember. Word on the street is that Bensi is going under and probably 3 or 4 more stores on Main street. Cruise night will be interesting if they still have it as nobody really wants to go to a town with no night life.

JL8Jeff 02-28-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen (Post 753040)
I'm pretty sure they lost their lease because of coah. they are building 'affordable housing' on the pennytown site. There were articles in the paper on it when it was going down, maybe 2 years ago. At that time they said HI Rib was out when the lease was up. that is why this is not news to me other than timing as I didn't realize their time was up.

edit: http://www.hopewelltwp.org/Marshalls...town_FAQs.html

Yes, COAH was the reason Pennytown was bought by the township. But COAH is probably not going to happen and they could have extended the lease even if it was just short increments. But HI Rib owners have a Hopewell Township liquor license so they will probably pop back up somewhere. I heard a strong possibility is TJ's in the Pennington Market shopping center.

BonzoHansen 02-28-2011 11:38 AM

Did TJs close?

KevinW 02-28-2011 03:17 PM

Scott, you talking about Famous Daves in Edison? If so, Hollywood nights is not there anymore. They moved it Cheeburger,Cheeburger in Manalapan. I was looking forward to going to Flemingtons cruise this year too. Too bad :( What about Somerville?

But still, there are plenty of free cruise nights in the area. I started working on the email chain and 2011 cruise calendar. Bunch of new members for this year. Jeff, you going to be able to make any this year? :) Maybe Shadybrook? They are meeting to go over the sponsors soon.

WildBillyT 02-28-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinW (Post 753196)
Scott, you talking about Famous Daves in Edison? If so, Hollywood nights is not there anymore. They moved it Cheeburger,Cheeburger in Manalapan. I was looking forward to going to Flemingtons cruise this year too. Too bad :( What about Somerville?

But still, there are plenty of free cruise nights in the area. I started working on the email chain and 2011 cruise calendar. Bunch of new members for this year. Jeff, you going to be able to make any this year? :) Maybe Shadybrook? They are meeting to go over the sponsors soon.

Kevin,

Flemington is still going on- the town is just in a bit of a downward spiral. Somerville is still big to the best of my knowledge. Guys will probably start showing up in 2 weeks or so.

JL8Jeff 02-28-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen
Did TJs close?

I don't know, but they are hurting big time.

Quote:

Jeff, you going to be able to make any this year? :) Maybe Shadybrook? They are meeting to go over the sponsors soon.

Maybe with my truck! I may just buy another Camaro to play with.

KevinW 02-28-2011 03:43 PM

Jeff, trucks are no problem, the free cruise nights people just drive in with what they got :)

Bill, are the any websites for Somerville and Flemington? Like to get the real schedule and put it in my Calender.

WildBillyT 02-28-2011 03:59 PM

Kevin,

These aren't updated yet but will probably have some info later on.

Flemington: http://www.frbanj.com/calendar.html
Somerville: http://www.findsomerville.com/pub/ge...t/211/fulltext

//<86TA>\\ 03-01-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildBillyT (Post 753130)
Off of the top of my head, empty store fronts:

California Grill, Fusion, Mikasa, Louie+Lenny, two banks, Friendly Grounds, The Potting Shed, Choppers, Union Hotel, and Bok Bok fresh. There are more I can't remember. Word on the street is that Bensi is going under and probably 3 or 4 more stores on Main street. Cruise night will be interesting if they still have it as nobody really wants to go to a town with no night life.

Friendly Grounds closed too? used to go there a lot back in highschool and after.

BigRocsFirebird 03-02-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen (Post 752957)
Noooooooooooo.

Sometimes nj really sucks monkey nuts

tell me about it.. we lost our fudds over here.. its now the prime burger or some bs like that.

PolarBear 03-02-2011 02:13 AM

Quote:

Scott, you talking about Famous Daves in Edison? If so, Hollywood nights is not there anymore. They moved it Cheeburger,Cheeburger in Manalapan.

Which Famous Daves are you talking about? The one up by Fords Ave or the one next to the Lowes theatre by Rt 18? I see the cruise night sign all the time outside the Rt 18 one, last time I remember driving by anyway which was only a few weeks ago

KevinW 03-02-2011 05:46 AM

The Famous Daves by Rt 18 and Lowes. Went there last year and the cruise was managed by Hollywood nights club. Now their site does not list Famous Daves as a venue for them. Maybe another car club took Famous Daves over?