NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Cruisers' Corner / Other Events (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Full Day Karting at Etown - November 18th (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68076)

Blackbirdws6 09-22-2017 08:06 AM

Full Day Karting at Etown - November 18th

There has been a lot of chatter about a serious gokarting outing. We have done the indoor electric ones but I have always been more into the gas ones.

Sweetbmxrider and I already have reservations in for November 18th at Etown for a full day of karting. A couple other non-forum members will likely jump in as well. We selected the TaG 125cc (30HP) karts. Most of the ones you may have driven are in the 8hp range and after my experience with a 32HP kart, it's a whole different experience. With the 8HP kart, you rarely needed to use the brakes however with the 30HP model, you will need to use them! The one I drove a few weeks back was geared to do 70MPH+ and it felt every bit of it whereas the others will do a good 25-30MPH.

Date:

Saturday, November 18th

Time:
9AM-5PM

230 Pension Road, Englishtown, NJ

Website/Pricing/FAQs:
https://www.fulltiltracing.com/rentals

Karting Time:
- Per the website, you can expect 3, 8 min sessions per hour = 3.2hrs on track.

Next steps if you want to participate:
- Register to race for the date
- A deposit is required for any all day rentals
- Post here and let us know if you are joining

Anti_Rice_Guy 09-22-2017 08:17 AM

Very tempted, this has been an easy check off on the bucket list. Just have to confirm some family stuff.

PolarBear 09-22-2017 08:48 AM

Ouch, price is a little higher than I was thinking, would love to go though

wretched73 09-22-2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolarBear (Post 942574)
Ouch, price is a little higher than I was thinking, would love to go though

A little rich for my blood as well

sweetbmxrider 09-22-2017 11:24 PM

Order moar dollar menu for dinner and come put one in the wall with me!

Fast92RS 09-29-2017 07:13 AM

I did this last year with this company. It was awesome, great experience for the money.

DirtyBird 09-29-2017 01:14 PM

Little pricey

sweetbmxrider 09-30-2017 11:22 AM

That nugget ain't pullin its weight????

I have a gift certificate :rofl:

sweetbmxrider 11-19-2017 12:15 PM

This was a blast. Annoying that we each had to pay $10 to get in to the karting area of raceway park and $45 each to rent the track but we went on a great day. There was maybe a dozen more people there between the juniors and other renters along with a few shifter karts so we went out every other run. Must have done a dozen sessions and by the end of it, all of us were tired. Had a couple sprinkles but overall a good day of racing. Last session was drifting and we were like kids on Christmas. Definitely an expensive day but we got our monies worth!

Jersey Mike 11-19-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider (Post 944548)
This was a blast. Annoying that we each had to pay $10 to get in to the karting area of raceway park and $45 each to rent the track but we went on a great day. There was maybe a dozen more people there between the juniors and other renters along with a few shifter karts so we went out every other run. Must have done a dozen sessions and by the end of it, all of us were tired. Had a couple sprinkles but overall a good day of racing. Last session was drifting and we were like kids on Christmas. Definitely an expensive day but we got our monies worth!

Sounds like a blast for sure. Mind sharing what the total cost tallied up to? A full day of karting and drifting shenanigans is enticing

sweetbmxrider 11-19-2017 02:27 PM

If you combine my post with the first post's info, you will discover your answer!

We took it upon ourselves to have a drift session. 4 of us sat one out and the 5th guy got a little extra sprinkle of rain which looked super fun especially when he pulled a complete 360. Thus, drift session was born. I think hearing and later watching some of the drifters on etown's course helped solidify the idea.