NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Maybe it's just me... (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32042)

SupermanX24 02-12-2008 04:46 PM

Maybe it's just me...

Anyone else absolutly HATE driving anywhere near a salt truck? I saw one coming the opposite way and tried to move as far over as I could and I STILL get pelted. Damn Them all to hell! :-x

DaSkinnyGuy 02-12-2008 05:44 PM

Yes who would like them if you are near them, as long as they are no where near you they are just doing there job. When i was younger i was walking home from an early dismissel it was snowing out, a salt truck drove right next to me and I got hit with a ton of salt in my leg.

Anti_Rice_Guy 02-12-2008 06:34 PM

I hate it and cringe when I hear the pellets hit my car.

98tadriver 02-12-2008 10:36 PM

I love to stand in the center of the road in just my skibbies and wait for the salt trucks :)

SupermanX24 02-13-2008 06:37 AM

lol, you WOULD like that wouldn't you....lol

nj96z28 02-13-2008 01:27 PM

changed lanes 3 times to avoid one on parkway yesterday, so did the nublet in the mazda 6 behind me.Only difference was he slid all over the place and for once i didnt.

enRo 02-13-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupermanX24 (Post 419344)
Anyone else absolutly HATE driving anywhere near a salt truck? I saw one coming the opposite way and tried to move as far over as I could and I STILL get pelted. Damn Them all to hell! :-x

People like me, who salt my township roads, have a blast with other people who dont follow the sign in big huge letters located behind the truck, stating "Stay Back 100ft"... makes for some serious fun.

Now, usually ill slow down and turn the mechanism off when a car is coming up the road (if it is non-rush hour, otherwise, i dont give a ****), UNLESS, an impatient motorist going 45 mph just to get to that Egg McMuffin and Cup of Coffee 1 minute earlier than usual, in a 25 mph zone with ice/slush on the road, I will actually nudge over closer to the oncoming lane and put the salter on. I actually enjoy the sound of salt hitting other peoples cars :-D

Jersey_TA 02-13-2008 03:14 PM

I've had both my cars hit by it and I didn't realize what was about to happen until the last second.....usually when I'm on my way home from work and tired as hell. but yeah I freakin hate it.

bubba428 02-13-2008 03:17 PM

When I was working at advance auto the truck came to do the parking lot and went around my Camaro twice....that bastard

GP99GT 02-13-2008 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddyKane (Post 419695)
People like me, who salt my township roads, have a blast with other people who dont follow the sign in big huge letters located behind the truck, stating "Stay Back 100ft"... makes for some serious fun.

Now, usually ill slow down and turn the mechanism off when a car is coming up the road (if it is non-rush hour, otherwise, i dont give a ****), UNLESS, an impatient motorist going 45 mph just to get to that Egg McMuffin and Cup of Coffee 1 minute earlier than usual, in a 25 mph zone with ice/slush on the road, I will actually nudge over closer to the oncoming lane and put the salter on. I actually enjoy the sound of salt hitting other peoples cars :-D

:nod: its all true. as a matter of fact i just got home from working 33 hours straight

the best is when they park a car somewhere that it shouldnt be...i get right next to it and crank the throttle on the salter so it pelts the **** out of the car

Teds89IROC 02-13-2008 03:43 PM

I hate when I'm passing the other way and I get hit but otherwise I stay away (as the sign says :lol: ) I enjoy watching other people fly up on the salters ass and get some nice scratches though, they deserve it.