NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   North Jersey (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Opinions. (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36637)

firehawk1120 08-30-2008 02:56 PM

Opinions.

Ok, I'm not sure what a big deal it is but I wanted to hear some opinions. The driver side T-top had gotten hit with a rock back when I got the car some dumbass kid was throwing rocks and it bounced off a tree and put a tiny little knick in the t-top and just to be a jerk I made the parents cough up $$ for a new t-top. SO, I now have a new t-top on the hawk and the old one sitting in my basement.

I don't really need both and the knick is almost unnoticeable. Do you think it would matter down the line if I had to for some unknown reason sell the hawk and didn't have the original t-top, or should I just put the original t-top back on and sell off the aftermarket since I have to have 2 keys on my keychain since the aftermarket has a different key.

Cliff notes: Keep original t-top with small knick so car has all original parts, or sell damaged t-top and keep aftermarket no on really cares about that.

88Z-Man 08-30-2008 03:03 PM

If its a small chip can't you get it polished out? If so I would do that and keep it. Hey, you never know when you might need it. Then down the line if you do sell the car that could go with it as a bonus or sell it separately.

98CamaroSS 08-30-2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Z-Man (Post 481211)
If its a small chip can't you get it polished out? If so I would do that and keep it. Hey, you never know when you might need it. Then down the line if you do sell the car that could go with it as a bonus or sell it separately.

Agree. Keep it. Your not going to get much for the nicked top anyway. :nod:
PS: You don't have a keep both choice in your poll.

Savage_Messiah 08-30-2008 10:20 PM

Switch the lock cylinder to the unknicked one

1972LT1 08-30-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage_Messiah (Post 481290)
Switch the lock cylinder to the unknicked one

Sure....and while you're at it, switch out the motor for something else and change the vin and claim it's a rare option. Keep them both just in case. If you ever sell the car, you can work the extra set into the price. Too many people nowadays are trying to pass off aftermarket as original.

Savage_Messiah 08-30-2008 11:46 PM

Honestly... it's a frickin t-top. Who gives a f about original or not. Just use the better one, switch the locks for your own convenience, and be done with it

maroman88 08-31-2008 01:36 AM

keep both

jims69camaro 08-31-2008 05:23 AM

is there any visible difference between the two? if not, use the aftermarket one, keep the original one in a safe place until (if) you sell it.

iamsickofitall 08-31-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage_Messiah (Post 481301)
Honestly... it's a frickin t-top. Who gives a f about original or not. Just use the better one, switch the locks for your own convenience, and be done with it

agreed

sweetbmxrider 09-01-2008 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage_Messiah (Post 481301)

x2 a ttop isn't a big deal

Tru2Chevy 09-01-2008 05:02 PM

While I agree that a t-top is not a big deal, it could mean quite a big difference in selling price 20 years from now. Look at how much money some people are willing to spend for 100% original muscle cars these days.

Personally, I would keep both, unless you could spend a few bucks and have the original polished out. I would prolly have the factory lockset installed in the aftermarket one to make life easier, but keep everything for originality.

- Justin

Clutch Master 09-04-2008 09:23 PM

WOAH WOAH WOAH SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! am i reading that correct, IF YOU EVER SELL THAT CAR????????????? i thought you said that you will never sell it for any reason??????????? are you feeling ok lol

WildBillyT 09-04-2008 09:36 PM

If the glass is etched or there is a date coded somewhere on it, keep it.

If all it has is a part number and it's the same as what's on your car, dump it.

SteveR 09-04-2008 10:28 PM

I say hold onto both and if you ever sell the car, let the buyer decide.

Savage_Messiah 09-05-2008 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy (Post 481622)
While I agree that a t-top is not a big deal, it could mean quite a big difference in selling price 20 years from now. Look at how much money some people are willing to spend for 100% original muscle cars these days.

That's so retarded.

SuperSweet 09-05-2008 09:06 AM

switch the cylinder over and keep both. If it comes time to sell switch the cylinders back, no big deal