NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   North Jersey (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   2nd and last Blue Maxi Cruise to Chatterbox is ON! 7/21/18 (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68502)

IROC-MIKE 07-08-2018 03:41 PM

2nd and last Blue Maxi Cruise to Chatterbox is ON! 7/21/18

Hello everyone
Its hard to believe how fast time flies but its been a year since we lost our friend and fellow Camaro enthusiast Jerry Schmidt who owned the World Famous Blue Maxi Camaro.
Last year we did a cruise to the Chatterbox after his funeral service and I originally intended in making it a yearly thing in his honor. Now with the news we're losing the Chatterbox, it seems the First Annual Blue Maxi Chatterbox Memorial Cruise sadly, will be the last. It looks like we will have a good turnout and I hope to see those of you who attended last year as well as some who were unable to make it.
This is an OPEN INVITE to anyone who wants to do the cruise from the Wyckoff car cruise location to the Chatterbox.
Feel free to PM if you have Q's.
I have details posted on the FB page I put up last year for his funeral.

https://www.facebook.com/Gerald-Schm...?ref=bookmarks

We will take the SAME posted route starting in Wyckoff NOT the funeral home in Clifton.

91chevyz28 07-12-2018 06:46 AM

I'm interested in going Mike.

L695speed 07-17-2018 08:24 PM

I'll be at the chatterbox one way or the other for the cruise night anyway. Mike double check the dates posted on Facebook, I think it's posted for the 28th vs the 21st.

IROC-MIKE 07-18-2018 06:38 AM

THANKS Chris! I originally had planned on the 28 and posted it in FB but when I went to post here I noticed the Duke BBQ was the same day and I didnt want to compete. I posted it here for the 21 and totally forgot to change the FB post.
Thanks for mentioning it! I look forward to seeing your project there!

L695speed 07-19-2018 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROC-MIKE (Post 948519)
THANKS Chris! I originally had planned on the 28 and posted it in FB but when I went to post here I noticed the Duke BBQ was the same day and I didnt want to compete. I posted it here for the 21 and totally forgot to change the FB post.
Thanks for mentioning it! I look forward to seeing your project there!

Yeah we're trying to get it in on the lift. If we do you'll probably see it, if we don't I may have something else if I get the OK.

TaKid455 07-20-2018 08:16 AM

What is the arrival at Chatterbox estimated eta?

IROCZman15 07-20-2018 12:26 PM

I will most likely be going to the chatterbox with my car and my wife will be coming along. It doesn't make too much sense for me to drive from my house over to Wyckoff and then over to the Chatterbox... aside from joining in the cruise. So, if the weather holds out tomorrow, I will just plan on meeting you guys there tomorrow. I am guessing you guys will be parking on the grass area with the hill? Thats where I usually go for the "modern muscle" are even though my car could be parked on the pavement... but I don't think many old-timers accept it.

IROCZman15 07-21-2018 04:14 PM

I just called the chatterbox. they canceled tonights cruise night due to impending rain storms

L695speed 07-21-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROCZman15 (Post 948606)
I just called the chatterbox. they canceled tonights cruise night due to impending rain storms

The cruise went on with 4 cars and myself catching them in Sparta. I was surprised at how good the turnout was considering the weather, and the early time. Don't blame you for calling first, only reason why I rolled the dice was my proximity. People backed out due to the weather.

IROCZman15 07-22-2018 08:16 AM

welp, I am confused/curious
.. did you guys just meet up and cruise over to the chatterbox? I called on the phone and they said the car cruise night was canceled... so were there even any cars there? or did you guys just drive over and eat dinner?

L695speed 07-22-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROCZman15 (Post 948618)
welp, I am confused/curious
.. did you guys just meet up and cruise over to the chatterbox? I called on the phone and they said the car cruise night was canceled... so were there even any cars there? or did you guys just drive over and eat dinner?

People backed out on the cruise, so only four cars did the whole cruise. I caught them in Sparta enroute and joined up at the back of the line before Route 15.

The Chatterbox may have officially cancelled the cruise night, but there were cars coming in despite the rain threat. Maybe 30 or so cars were there early on, most including us 5 bailed before 5pm. Most of them were the die hard attendees who are there week in week out.