NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   In ground Pool companies (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68523)

MDSheds_SS 07-24-2018 12:12 PM

In ground Pool companies

Looking for a reputable in ground pool company/contractor. I’m still a few steps away from following through with this idea. I’d like to get a professionals opinion on my layout and start to get a few estimates. I have 0 experience with pools and I’m going in blind other then what’s on the interwebs so any info is helpful.
Also thoughts on Liners vs drop ins vs gunite pools.

Anti_Rice_Guy 07-24-2018 12:50 PM

I wouldn't know what to do with said information but I can help extract it for those who can haha.
I'm by no means a pool guru but thinking from a general contracting sales perspective:

How long will you stay at your house?
Access to proposed pool location?
Size of pool desired?
Depth of pool desired?
Budget concerns/constraints?

MDSheds_SS 07-24-2018 02:56 PM

I have good access for any type of equipment. Water table in my area is better then most cause I’m on the top of a hill. Looking to do an L Shaped pool with 8’ deep end. 200amp electrical service with plenty of space in the panel. Ground is flat and ready to be opened up to allow for pool, big belly, yeti cooler and boat loads of beer.
Budget.... $100.00.
PS. Not good with Budgets. Lol.

LS1ow 07-24-2018 03:17 PM

I will provide big belly

chrisfrom nj 07-24-2018 03:18 PM

My uncle Louie builds pools 201 349-4404 call him

6spdg37s 07-24-2018 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDSheds_SS (Post 948667)
Looking for a reputable in ground pool company/contractor. I’m still a few steps away from following through with this idea. I’d like to get a professionals opinion on my layout and start to get a few estimates. I have 0 experience with pools and I’m going in blind other then what’s on the interwebs so any info is helpful.
Also thoughts on Liners vs drop ins vs gunite pools.

im comin over will bring twisted teas and beer !

sweetbmxrider 07-27-2018 04:45 PM

Have you looked into permits and placement on property yet? Fencing too....Kirkevil learned the hard way on this one :lol:

MDSheds_SS 08-02-2018 10:54 AM

Yard is fenced in already. I need a layout plan before I can summit permits to the building department. Then they will approve or tell me what needs to change.

V 08-02-2018 05:47 PM

Depending on what equipment you'll be running, you will probably want an outdoor sub-panel by the equipment pad. In that case you'd only need a 2-pole 60amp breaker in your existing panel. We just did a setup for a pool today, 60amp sub-panel relatively small size pool with one pump, salt system, and a heater.

At my mothers, the current pool is getting renovated and I had a very hard time finding a company that would get back to me with prices. Finally went through Homeadvisor and found someone. They are out of Warwick NY, so not sure how far south they'd travel.

MDSheds_SS 08-02-2018 06:42 PM

Called a few companies already. They want me to come into there store and have a sit down. I might be wrong for saying this but, im pretty sure I want the pool at my house not in there store. When I bid a job I go to the site and look at what I’m working with, and bring my catalog of the equipment I sell.

sweetbmxrider 08-02-2018 07:36 PM

https://www.twp.woodbridge.nj.us/Doc...und-Pools-PDF-

Not sure if you saw this already or if you live in Woodbridge, but should be some good reading.

MDSheds_SS 08-02-2018 07:46 PM

My wife works for the town, so she printed this out for us a while back. The zoning officer/inspector told us to get a contractor on board before going any further.

unstable bob gable 08-02-2018 08:15 PM

Get a slip and slide. Much easier and cheaper.

Arikalimanis 08-03-2018 07:56 AM

I am a pool guy

Hey man i have a pool company what ever you need to know call me 732 996 9926 , ive been building and servicing pools for over 15 years and my father 40 my name is ari we based out of milltown nj but we go anywere