NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   South Jersey (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Tint ? (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63147)

1_Hot_SOM_WS6 04-25-2013 10:58 AM

Tint ?

After far to many years with purple/bubbled tint- I am finally going to have it removed and re-tinted. Car came from FL and who knows who tinted it and I'm sure she wasn't garage kept prior to me.
I am thinking about using Dynamic Tint in Williamstown. They offered 2 different tints and I'm on the fence- wondering if anyone has herd or had any experience with either. 3m Color Stable and 3m FX. The specs are about the same- only difference is 3m Color Stable has a lifetime guarantee from the tint changing color. Its about $75 more.
Car is kept in the garage - so wondering if its even worth it for me to pay the extra.

MyFirstZ 04-25-2013 11:40 AM

I'll text my tint/film guy now and see what he has to say about it, he's brutally honest..... mainly because a bad product for him could mean a bad reputation

1320B4U 04-25-2013 12:01 PM

Go w/the extra coin. It can also change color due to age, not necessarily being just exposed to the rays of the sun.

MyFirstZ 04-25-2013 01:18 PM

scratch that my guy isn't to familiar with em. His response

"Don't know too much about them. I use Madico Charcool or Wincos IR"

smoke_em94 04-25-2013 01:20 PM

They do great work and the 3m tint is good I get all my cars tint there and got the stable tint ray stands behind his work

DadsZ28 04-26-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1_Hot_SOM_WS6 (Post 878536)
After far to many years with purple/bubbled tint- I am finally going to have it removed and re-tinted. Car came from FL and who knows who tinted it and I'm sure she wasn't garage kept prior to me.
I am thinking about using Dynamic Tint in Williamstown. They offered 2 different tints and I'm on the fence- wondering if anyone has herd or had any experience with either. 3m Color Stable and 3m FX. The specs are about the same- only difference is 3m Color Stable has a lifetime guarantee from the tint changing color. Its about $75 more.
Car is kept in the garage - so wondering if its even worth it for me to pay the extra.

Why tint the car if ya never drive it!:mrgreen: You knew that was coming.....how have you been?

1_Hot_SOM_WS6 04-26-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DadsZ28 (Post 878694)
Why tint the car if ya never drive it!:mrgreen: You knew that was coming.....how have you been?

I just asked Ant if he's herd from you!!! I have actually driven her almost every day for the past 3 weeks :0) you would be solo proud of me. Miss ya!!xo

DadsZ28 04-26-2013 08:45 PM

Ha ha cool, me and Ev have been taking the car out on the weekends and cruising in it finally instead of just going down the track with it. I haven't seen Ant in awhile. I had a delivery there this week but it must have been his off day......I haven't seen the blue honda......he is still there right?

1_Hot_SOM_WS6 04-26-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DadsZ28 (Post 878717)
Ha ha cool, me and Ev have been taking the car out on the weekends and cruising in it finally instead of just going down the track with it. I haven't seen Ant in awhile. I had a delivery there this week but it must have been his off day......I haven't seen the blue honda......he is still there right?

No he's in clementon now. We will have to catch up!!