NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   North Jersey (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Bergen County Freight Train (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=69157)

qwikz28 09-30-2020 07:10 AM

Bergen County Freight Train

Here's a long shot, but my wife and I are looking to move and we found a very nice house across from the freight line that runs through Wyckoff/Midland Park/Etc and crosses Goffle Road. Anyone live near or along that line that knows how often trains run those tracks and at what times?

Thanks,

Jacob

townsend 09-30-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwikz28 (Post 955443)
Here's a long shot, but my wife and I are looking to move and we found a very nice house across from the freight line that runs through Wyckoff/Midland Park/Etc and crosses Goffle Road. Anyone live near or along that line that knows how often trains run those tracks and at what times?

Thanks,

Jacob

Have a buddy that lives over there, he said usually once every other day around 530am. he said its not that loud, they were concerned but after the first few nights they slept thru it

qwikz28 09-30-2020 09:18 PM

Thanks man. Gonna pass on the house based on this because my wife would absolutely ask to move the very next day if a train woke her up at 530am.

LS1ow 10-01-2020 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwikz28 (Post 955447)
Thanks man. Gonna pass on the house based on this because my wife would absolutely ask to move the very next day if a train woke her up at 530am.

Theres a house for sale around the block from me for sale with a 3 car garage and finished basement for us to drink beers in:nod:

qwikz28 10-03-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS1ow (Post 955448)
Theres a house for sale around the block from me for sale with a 3 car garage and finished basement for us to drink beers in:nod:

Mmmmm.... beer...

But seriously, miss that area. Things are dead around here. So much more good food down there too. We're looking further up though. Probably putting an offer on a house we saw today in Woodcliff Lake (also with a three car garage).

V 10-03-2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwikz28 (Post 955459)
Mmmmm.... beer...

But seriously, miss that area. Things are dead around here. So much more good food down there too. We're looking further up though. Probably putting an offer on a house we saw today in Woodcliff Lake (also with a three car garage).

Ah, nearer to me. I'm in River Vale now. All my junk is still in Closter though, lol.

townsend 10-05-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwikz28 (Post 955459)
Mmmmm.... beer...

mmmm dem woodcliff lake taxes.

Atleast the wegmans has good food, and fire and oak

ar0ck 10-08-2020 04:19 PM

Come closer to the sticks (Haskell)

maroman88 10-14-2020 12:48 PM

Just moved to West Milford. Wish I had gone that way years ago. Bergen County blows

Wrenchzr2 10-22-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V (Post 955460)
Ah, nearer to me. I'm in River Vale now. All my junk is still in Closter though, lol.

I’m in Hillsdale. I never see any 3rd gens around here