NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   In Car Entertainment (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Speaker Suggestions (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52865)

MyFirstZ 08-25-2010 01:26 PM

Speaker Suggestions

I have been taking out my sub and amp to revert back to just speakers.

My two sail panel speakers are blown and i am looking to replace them.

I have been looking into crutchfield to just get an idea whats out there

I still have the factory monsoon h/u. So whatever i get if i need to rewire it is not a big deal at all. I like wiring.

Would a set of component speakers work in that spot ?
JL Audio TR650-CSi I have been looking at this set
4-ohm impedance
10-50 watts RMS power range
frequency response: 59-25,000 Hz
sensitivity: 91 dB
depth: 2-1/2"
warranty: 1 year

But i am not sure what i am exactly looking for spec wise.

Any help would be great. I would like to keep the stock h/u which i know limits my search

Green_Phoenix_LT1 08-25-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFirstZ (Post 724582)
I have been taking out my sub and amp to revert back to just speakers.

My two sail panel speakers are blown and i am looking to replace them.

I have been looking into crutchfield to just get an idea whats out there

I still have the factory monsoon h/u. So whatever i get if i need to rewire it is not a big deal at all. I like wiring.

Would a set of component speakers work in that spot ?
JL Audio TR650-CSi I have been looking at this set
4-ohm impedance
10-50 watts RMS power range
frequency response: 59-25,000 Hz
sensitivity: 91 dB
depth: 2-1/2"
warranty: 1 year

But i am not sure what i am exactly looking for spec wise.

Any help would be great. I would like to keep the stock h/u which i know limits my search

I have Kicker KS series all around in stock locattions powered by a 650.4 Kicker ZX amp and it works wonerfully. They worked great without the amp on an aftermaket head unit. I have the doors and Sails being powered by the amp and the ones in the hatch running off the head unit. Total cost for all speakers was about 150 and the amp was 350(bought it new when the model was first released now you can get it for about 250 new or 150 used).

Slow-V6 08-27-2010 07:47 AM

I have some polk audio componants back there in my sail panel. They sound good. Cost about 50.00 new on ebay.

MyFirstZ 08-27-2010 11:56 AM

stock head unit ? and did you rewire, or you used the original wiring harness

Slow-V6 08-27-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFirstZ (Post 724825)
stock head unit ? and did you rewire, or you used the original wiring harness

I have the stock head unit woth Boston Acoustic components up front, Polk component woofers in the sail panels and boston acoustic 4 1/2's 2 ways with the polk tweeters in the hatch. Its though stock wires but with aftermarket crossovers and still using the moonsoon amp. Sounds pretty good. The highs are amazing. Just wish it had a little more base. Thinking of getting a tube for the hatch. All the 10 speakers cost about 300.00 brand new on ebay.

MyFirstZ 08-27-2010 03:45 PM

nice that is what i want to hear lol ty

madness410 08-29-2010 06:24 PM

hey man try calling crutchfield tech...in the times ive dealt with them theyve offered amazing service and it seems like they know what they are talking about. they have information on just about everything.

jam01 09-13-2010 07:42 AM

the sail panel are subs not speakers in the monsoon system.

qwikz28 09-13-2010 10:27 PM

You really aren't going to get good sound without a head unit. And using components without a strong aftermarket amp will not sound as good as cheaper coaxials. A head unit just doesn't create enough power. If you want to just upgrade speakers, I would recommend a set of simple low power speakers from infinity or polk or something like that.

Why are you opposed to getting a head unit?

MyFirstZ 09-14-2010 09:13 PM

I really think they brake up the center console. They just do not fit in.

madness410 09-17-2010 08:57 PM

you can get a 4din head unit it will fit perfectly. i know what youre talking about it makes the center console look weird with a 2din head unit

Slow-V6 09-26-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwikz28 (Post 727530)
You really aren't going to get good sound without a head unit. And using components without a strong aftermarket amp will not sound as good as cheaper coaxials. A head unit just doesn't create enough power. If you want to just upgrade speakers, I would recommend a set of simple low power speakers from infinity or polk or something like that.

Why are you opposed to getting a head unit?

I beg to differ. My Speakers run off the stock head unit and they sound incredible. I have Boston Acoustics and Polk Componants in my car. They sound a hell of alot better then any coaxil speaker I ever had.

deadtrend1 09-26-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madness410 (Post 728013)
you can get a 4din head unit it will fit perfectly. i know what youre talking about it makes the center console look weird with a 2din head unit

4din???

Single din is your standard aftermarket radio. 1.5 din is that factory size. Double din wouldn't fit without modifying.