NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   North Jersey (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Can anyone can pull strings at a restaurant or hotel (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41611)

79CamaroDiva 02-20-2009 08:58 AM

Can anyone can pull strings at a restaurant or hotel

Megan is getting married in august and we (bridal party) are looking for a place to hold the bridal shower. Her mom suggested a place in kinnelon that is gonna be $550 just to rent for a few hours, not inc food. That's a bit steep for us to swing, especially with all the other expenses that come about being in a bridal party. Does anyone here have any connections that can get us a place for a few hours cheaper than that?

mc73nova 02-20-2009 09:56 AM

Ill talk to the wife and see where she had hers and let you know asap.

mc73nova 02-21-2009 08:26 AM

OK I didnt know these events were this expensive! My sister in law who put together the bridal shower went to Portobello's in Oakland. It was $1100 for 60-70 people, food and drinks included, alcohol (beer and liquor) is extra. I dont know how this compares to other places you have called but I figured it will at least give you another idea of what these places charge. I will have her call a couple of her friends to see where they had theirs and how much they paid.

If you want to pm how many people, what day, and whatever else I would need, my mother in law said she can make a couple calls to see if she can get a deal.

79CamaroDiva 02-21-2009 08:32 AM

I'll talk to the rest of the party and see. Right now (and i think its a fantastic idea) enough of us said that was a bit much for us to cover that we decided going to a nature preserve pavilion was a great idea, especially since the bride is a bit of a hippie. Her mom is willing to cook, so I think that's gonna be the best idea, especially for summer.

BigAls87Z28 02-21-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc73nova (Post 549563)
OK I didnt know these events were this expensive! My sister in law who put together the bridal shower went to Portobello's in Oakland. It was $1100 for 60-70 people, food and drinks included, alcohol (beer and liquor) is extra. I dont know how this compares to other places you have called but I figured it will at least give you another idea of what these places charge. I will have her call a couple of her friends to see where they had theirs and how much they paid.

If you want to pm how many people, what day, and whatever else I would need, my mother in law said she can make a couple calls to see if she can get a deal.

AWESOME place...awesome. But yes, very pricey place.

chrisfrom nj 02-21-2009 07:25 PM

my firends rented a hall in rockway for 300 or 350 its a nice little place laketelemark country club

Tru2Chevy 02-23-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva (Post 549567)
especially since the bride is a bit of a hippie.

A Bit? Are we talking about the same Roommate here? She's not 'a bit' of a hippie, she's at one with the grass and flowerbeds at Rutgers :mrgreen:

- Justin